Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has experience of being a professional footballer, which is more than you can say for Des.

Plus he's got some pretty niche ways of motivating people. I'd put him in the maybe pile.
Des might work out, but is it likely? Sure, he’s taken national teams to a World Cup as well as an Olympic Games, won gold medals at continental level, lifted domestic titles in both Australia and India and subsequently taken a team into the Asian Champions League, but he didn’t have what it took to play for Tamworth.

I think that’s important to remember.

Des might work out, but is it likely? Sure, he’s taken national teams to a World Cup as well as an Olympic Games, won gold medals at continental level, lifted domestic titles in both Australia and India and subsequently taken a team into the Asian Champions League, but he didn’t have what it took to play for Tamworth.

I think that’s important to remember.
In all fairness we're off the back of Manning and before that Robinson, even going back before that we had Clotet. When you've had a run of managers with such glittering playing careers it's hard to go the other way.

How many managers have we had with stand out playing careers? Lawrenson, Mark Wright, Ramon Diaz are the only ones that come to mind?

Yes but other than

Rix
Talbot
Shorten
Lewis
Atkins
Horton

Which Oxford managers were decent footballers.....

Can anyone free it from the pay wall?

If you use Chrome (and a PC/Mac) install this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toggle-javascript/cidlcjdalomndpeagkjpnefhljffbnlo

Toggle it and it kills the less sophisticated paywalls of which Oxford Mail uses one of, remember to turn it back on once done as most sites don't work well without JavaScript

Stranger things have happened, but not much stranger!

Interviewed for the job last year, sounds like it came down to Manning or Mapp at the time.

Less than 2 years of his contract left at Charlton, so cheaper than Williams or Buckingham.

A chance to work with Faz again.

Plus he’s a ‘drifter’ from club to club….
I can see the club loving this attribute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom