Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddy McCarthy is an interesting one. 33/1 in the betting yesterday. Very highly thought of at Palace.

Was just looking on the NC forum and this popped up. Don't know if it means he is out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115_184110_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115_184110_Chrome.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 188
Surely if its not to be someone with Williams experience and sucess, it can only be the Brighton or Palace personnel?
No EFL experience?
Domestic titles in Australia?
Couldn't make it at Tamworth?
Buckingham.has to be a nono compared to the other names listed.
No experience and hundreds of thousands in compensation?
Cloud cuckoo land.

Let's get Karl Robinson back, he has years of recent experience in this very division.

I might be missing a joke here but what's the Des Buckingham / Tamworth connection people are mentioning ?

I think it was ironically used in the first place, and then seized as a valid argument.

No connection as far as I can see.

If Williams is saying he hasn't been approached, then McCarthy's in the frame with Buckingham?

Can't imagine a compo discussion would take this long if it were McCarthy, who apparently interviewed last week, and while we were conducting interviews on Monday, the legwork would have surely been done if it were him.

Crofts wouldn't have interviewed until this week, so could be him. Still think it will be Des though.

Could get excited about any of them.

Why above the others out of interest?

Only 39, Former Wales international player, decent senior career playing for a handful of football league clubs, was interim manager of Brighton last year and still is a first team coach (just not the main manager). Believe he will have the contacts in the efl to bring in decent players and youth products from premier league clubs. Speaks well from what I've heard too.

The guy from Crystal palace sounds promising too.

Ox Mail says:

"OXFORD United are understood to be in the process of agreeing compensation with a club for their manager."

So does that mean it is a manager not asst manager we are agreeing compensation for?

Ox Mail says:

"OXFORD United are understood to be in the process of agreeing compensation with a club for their manager."

So does that mean it is a manager not asst manager we are agreeing compensation for?
Good point. If that’s the case then it can only be Buckingham, since Williams has ruled himself out today, Which is what I was told was the choice late on Monday bar any hiccups.

Ox Mail says:

Good spot to be fair. Is Buckingham the manager or head coach of Mumbai though?

Ox Mail says:

Could it mean ‘Academy Or U21’s Manager’ though..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom