Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a hefty compensation package from a supporters view is positive, it shows the owners are in it for the long haul and have faith in DB. It would have been very easy to go for the 'cheap' option in Eustace/Jones for example however they want to make a statement to us, the players and the rest of L1 that we are going for it. Fair play to them and lets get behind him!

Talksport just talking about Manning being appointed Bristol manager..... a bit late!

But pre that he worked in the Australian A league, winning it, with players that are better than conference and league two level, he has we worked with New Zealand national team, who have players better than national level and league two. Has years previously of working at this very club at the levels you mentioned.

Williams record at league one level is absolutely terrible, he basically turned a league one team into a pub team, not certain why he gets a pass for an actual relegation from this level on his record?

Swindon (still are !) were under shambolic ownership when he was appointed and I'm not sure anyone could have done a job there. I'm sure in hindsight it was a decision he regrets. I think there's been a valid argument that might suggest he's a better coach than manager but he's turning that view around in the past season and a half.

Talksport just talking about Manning being appointed Bristol manager..... a bit late!

That interview was a load of rubbish. Just surface level talking points. No mention about anything that could be a little bit controversial.

My fault for expecting anything else from talksport.

Betting odds at 1/6 for Des Buckingham. Going back on what I said previously this for me is beyond the point of betting companies trying to manipulate the market.

Swindon (still are !) were under shambolic ownership when he was appointed and I'm not sure anyone could have done a job there. I'm sure in hindsight it was a decision he regrets. I think there's been a valid argument that might suggest he's a better coach than manager but he's turning that view around in the past season and a half.

He might of learnt from his mistakes at Swindon but they were a shambles at the back and his style at Notts County seems to be still quite gung ho, not sure how that translates to this level as the teams who go up always seem to have a bit of steel at the back which Manning seems to have bought to us. My worry with Williams is/was that he has a bit of Robinson in him, would rather look good going forward than pay a bit more attention to the backline, don't want to return to that so I am happy to pass on him. It will be interesting to see what happens with Notts County if they go up under him, you are not just brushing sides away at league one so will watch to see if he can adapt.

Jim White obviously didn't know much about when manning joined Bristol.

There is significant risk with any new manager.

Absolutely. It’s all about risk and reward.

Potentially of the names in the frame, Buckingham has the higher ceiling and therefore the greatest reward.

Still a risk though, whoever the board go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom