EFL MK Dons..........

New deal with VM £69 for al BB and tv package including Sky sports & BT sports. Easy when you know how!
Just gone for the Ultimate Volt package, £85 for everything including kids, all sports and Cinema and an extra box plus a sim card.

I've finally got round to a ticket count for this one.

As of midnight last night we were a handful below 5,800 home sales. That might not sound much, but for context it's still 19 days away. It's about 600 behind Sunderland at the same stage, but 600 ahead of Sheff Wed 17 days before the game. Against Ipswich we were only at 6,010 14 days before the game.

MK Dons have announced they've already sold 1,200 so I wouldn't rule out 10,000 for this one just yet. The next few days sales may tell us more, but I expect the next few results may have the biggest effect.

MK Dons have announced they've already sold 1,200 so I wouldn't rule out 10,000 for this one just yet. The next few days sales may tell us more, but I expect the next few results may have the biggest effect.
Do your figures allow you to estimate any sort of crowd reduction that may be there due to the game being on a midweek evening? Is there much difference to attendances for midweek games?

Do your figures allow you to estimate any sort of crowd reduction that may be there due to the game being on a midweek evening? Is there much difference to attendances for midweek games?
Our average attendances on a Tuesday are roughly 6kish (Though we've only really played crap teams those days).
On a Saturday it's about 9k.

Most Tuesday night games are against teams who are a good distance away now as that’s how they do it, normally means very few away fans and given they were early season not very dramatic. The MK game is very different to those circumstances so I would be surprised to see any significant fall off in crowd numbers.

As @Fanatica says, it's almost exactly 6,000 midweek and currently 8,800 on Saturdays, but you have to take into account the midweek games were Crewe, Fleetwood, Accrington, and Shrewsbury. Notwithstanding that, there is a drop off in attendances across all clubs when games are midweek, particularly in the EFL. I'd be interested to know what effect iFollow has on this, and how many people subscribe, and what cash benefit the club makes from it?

The attendance for the MK game may well be good, but I'd say it was a guaranteed sell out if played on the original date. I know the club were gutted when told they had to change, and did not do it without a fight.

Last edited:
Time to re-visit this one, now that Sunderland has sold out.

No surprises, but they're not currently flying off the shelves. We're currently at 6,150 home sales, just under 400 up from last time I looked and actually on a par with the Ipswich game, at the same stage, and above all other games apart from Sunderland.

Obviously sales will depend greatly on what happens in the next two games, so no forecast at this stage. All I will say, though, is the club's marketing for this game has been severely hampered by Tuesday night's result, so let's hope it's only a temporary delay!

Time to re-visit this one, now that Sunderland has sold out.

No surprises, but they're not currently flying off the shelves. We're currently at 6,150 home sales, just under 400 up from last time I looked and actually on a par with the Ipswich game, at the same stage, and above all other games apart from Sunderland.

Obviously sales will depend greatly on what happens in the next two games, so no forecast at this stage. All I will say, though, is the club's marketing for this game has been severely hampered by Tuesday night's result, so let's hope it's only a temporary delay!

Win the next 2 and this will be 10k.

Just did a count (4.30pm Friday) and have remaining seats at 3,355 which means home sales (excluding executive boxes) of 6,222

I have the following number left in each block (mainly for Colin's benefit to cross reference!)

South Stand Lower 991 - 204/264/109/14/2/49/159/190 - although not showing as unsold I have added in the front rows of Blocks 1/2/6/8 comprising 86 seats as these are typically released later by the club if the demand is there

South Stand Upper 550 - 233/48/22/0/2/15/230

East Stand 794 - 140/149/63/95/138/209

North Stand 1,020 - 304/230/269/424

being a Bank Holiday weekend, between Fleetwood away (Friday afternoon) and MK at home (Tues eve) , here's hoping the online ticket option is working 100%, those deciding whether to go to the evening ko game may be waiting the outcome of Friday afternoons away game before comitting/ buying tickets.... presumably the ticket office will only be open to visits in person , and the phone lines will only be 'open' to handle enquiries etc on Tuesday from 10.30am

I don't know. Why did you go on holiday rather than commentary on the important match. That woman jinxed it.
Please tell me you weren’t the guy who called in to Radio Oxford after the game and basically said it was Robyn’s fault as to why we lost?

Back
Top Bottom