General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see one has to register before completing the survey. Can exiles join?

giphy.gif
Just filled in the survey.

spot on @theWizard ,parking will be a sizable (local) issue in 'South' Kidlington with some residents 'opposing' the stadium plans*

As it currently stands, from OX3 there's NO direct bus to Kidlington .... easily rectified with Council ( City & County both) input, either resurrect the old Number 2 bus Baarton/ Risinghurst ( & Sandhills) to Kidlington, and/ or ensure the weekday daytime 700 service from the Headington hospitals to Kidlington ( calling at Oxford Parkway) runs on Weekend and evening matchdays

Other OX postcodes too, will presumably require similar ' football special' services

as well as ensuring there are buses from various points of the shire, perhaps the powers that be in the logistics can consider arrival times of football specials ( at Stratfield Brake) , the football special bus that goes up Headley Way arrives at the breeze block around ten mins before kick off.... which given the amount of delays/ hold ups / road works ever present in and around Oxford, really isn't a good (IMO)

Residents parking zones may help in Garden City area...though it costs residents around £60 per year for a residents parking permit- though they do have visitors permits.... which could be 'lucrative' on matchdays !

* of course , if a traditional style proper pub is factored in to the stadium footprint, that may help sway some residents as the closest pub is The Red Lion some 25-30 min walk , or the Turnpike , as similar distance albeit across fields etc, on the edge of Yarton

No problem @Sarge i can always pick you up at Green Road Roundabout If you want a lift. It will cost you a sprite, 7up, as Ive stopped alcohol 18 months now.

Wasn’t as thorough as I was expecting, thought they’d be a lot more questions
Can see that working in our favour in a way, I’ve filled it out and not any real way you can voice an objection massively, seems to me it’s more of a tick box exercise designed ‘pretend’ they’ve consulted local residents. I think you will find that the people who do this feedback survey who want this development will far outweigh who does want it, but I could be wrong.

Always had you down as a yoghurt-knitter.

I emphasised the green credentials of the ground, the contribution to net-zero, as spectators will be using the already partly complete transit systems (P&R and Train), and how the stadium could be an iconic venue delivering a huge range of benefits to the Shire and Kidlington.

Call me Swampy! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Submitted. Having worked in local government planning departments for many years I am surprisingly optimistic about this. We would always look whether there is enough social, economic and environmental benefits to outweigh any negative issues raised. This proposal looks to be able to offer strong argument for each whilst making an overriding pitch for sustainability. I would encourage people to mention each of those key elements in their responses.

Just had a reply from my county councillor, she was very supportive and is sending on my (impressive) email to all cabinet members. She asked if I would like to speak at the meeting as my family have been involved with the club since 1898. I’m not sure I would like to take on, as I’m not the best of speakers. This is open to anybody on the council’s website.
Ask for your statement to be read out instead?

All sides can all have our say through the proper, formal channel that matters here, tomorrow: https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/

We need everyone who signed the petition to go on and urge the council to approve the opening of the negotiations. As you can see the opposition certainly will be vocal and active on there.
I mentioned that “Significant” improvements to local infrastructure is a pretty high bar given the area is already very well served by public transport and this kind of requirement clearly wasn’t a feature of Barton Park development where there is zero provision for active travel over or under the ring road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom