General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the greatest (loudest) objections may come from Summertown and North Oxford ?

<waiting to see the petition start by this evening>
but also those who live in North Oxford who are nearer to the Woodstock and Banbury roads and those living in Sunderland Avenue .....you know those very rich ones that will cause problems.

The danger with asking fans to choose how the new site is developed comes from what doesn't make the final cut.

What if a group petitions for the site to be, say, a teetotal venue? Obviously an unlikely outcome (although who'd a thought we'd have a vegan football club), but when their dreams don't appear in the finished product, they tend to down the whole project.

Swap out that fantasy with something perhaps more believable such as having an athletic track incorporated into the stadium for Kidlington Running Club and you can see where the discontent could then arise.

Best let them that knows what they're doing get on with it.

but also those who live in North Oxford who are nearer to the Woodstock and Banbury roads and those living in Sunderland Avenue .....you know those very rich ones that will cause problems.
It's not the ones with masses of wealth or amazing jobs you need to worry about.

In my opinion, it's the individuals who have lived there for a million years, woken up and found that they have a property of real value that they could not afford in today's housing market.

The stadium news could be seen by them as threat to their "wealth".

I've seen a number of derogatory posts on Twitter aimed at Kassam. It might just be worth people holding their tongues until such time that RM planning has been granted. After all, he remains a significant player in the whole project.
He does but he will benefit significantly if the club moves off his land
It is totally in Kassam's Interest for this to happen and you would hope that by now Kassam is thick skinned enough to be able to put up with a few comments on social media?

Need this takeover announced sharpish, once that has completed then it paves the way for full throttle to try and get planning granted.

On Fan Zones - I really hope that we do NOT look at the pathetic attempt at York's new stadium. Was bigged up as being "an area of come before the game, have food & drinks and watch live acts"
It's ended up being a small tarmaced area with no seating, only just got shelving for people to rest drinks, and over priced generic beer. They've latterly added a small stage but have yet to have any pre-match entertainment.

I hope the club (when we get that far down the road) seek to have some form of fans new stadium committee aimed at collecting as many different ideas as possible. Our fanbase is spread far and wide and has so many different experiences seeing football around the UK, across Europe and the rest of the world. Tap into the knowledge and the experiences of as many people as possible.

This is no doubt exciting, but a long long long way to go.

Do they show the Leys bus queues on iFollow?

Can see it from my Sisters and have often driven past a long queue 45 minutes after a match, mostly in the pre Covid world and I doubt it has improved. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
Likewise, if you cut across the brook, over the recreation ground, and along Knights Road you often meet the congestion of folk queuing in both directions for the bus stop in Pegasus Road.
Perfect world, most would happily use a Park & Ride system IF there was a fleet of P&R buses ready at the appropriate time.
That's where the joined-up thinking often goes AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom