General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk of incentives not to use cars will probably sway most people. There will remain some who will want to drive, just need to it to be small which I reckon it will be.
I think it will be gradually maybe quicker a case where you will just find it prohibited to drive a car to the new stadium. It is the only way I can see us convincing the authorities we mean what we say. And trust me I like my car.

Why 16000 that's only 4000 more than kassam 3 sided stadium, when you play clubs like Birmingham or Middlesbrough we could fill 20000 seats it's lost revenue. We have gone from a plan of 20 to 18 now 16.

Why 16000 that's only 4000 more than kassam 3 sided stadium, when you play clubs like Birmingham or Middlesbrough we could fill 20000 seats it's lost revenue. We have gone from a plan of 20 to 18 now 16.
Only if they were allowed 5/6000 fans
I bet you now if we get Brum or Middlesboro in the 3rd round of the FA Cup we would just about get 10k in the ground.They are not big attractions
Same goes for many clubs in the Championship

I agree, 16000 capacity is not future proofed, however you could probably count the amount of times we could have filled that amount on one hand over the last decade.
Slow growth is where you attract new generations of supporters and the 4000 reduction of seats from the initial 20,000 capacity banded around will hurt us in the long run if we have success on the pitch.
Of course, having a club to support in the future is the most important thing, more seats in the new Staduim can not be that hard to sort out....

We’ve only had total attendance over 11,000 at the Kassam 20 times in 20 years.

And very few “sell outs”. Which means most home fans around 10,000.

I’d love a ground like Rotherham’s which has room to add extra tiers if needed.

But for now 16,000 looks more than enough.

As a long-distance fan and a regular car user I appreciate the ability to drive up to the current ground and watch a game before my 2.5 hour drive home. It would be very difficult for me to use public transport to Minchery Farm and get home again (especially on a weeknight) as trains and buses from Cambridge via London are prohibitively slow and more expensive.
With SB I'm assuming I would be able to drive to one of the P&Rs or Oxford Parkway and gain access from there?
My decision to come to games can often be last-minute due to work commitments etc so booking public transport is rarely an option, I certainly would not try and park in Kidlington or on a random grass verge but I would like to know there are options for fans in my position. Could there by match-day train links from further afield, say Bicester?

This is going to get screenshotted and shared but...

There are three vacancies to be councillors on Kidlington Parish Council

View attachment 13295

Bought to my attention by Kidlington Development Watch so they started it! https://mailchi.mp/f27aaf4666f3/kdwnews6may23?e=96097a6d4d

As @Sarge has said, FoSB, KDW and others will be looking to fill these spaces so it would be great if we could find some candidates who were a little more balanced in their views.

Only if they were allowed 5/6000 fans
I bet you now if we get Brum or Middlesboro in the 3rd round of the FA Cup we would just about get 10k in the ground.They are not big attractions
Same goes for many clubs in the Championship
The EFL need to adopt something close to the NFL model for TV/screening rights. Once the home support reaches capacity or something close then TV/ screening access rights become available for home fans. If it doesn't sell out then no local TV/screening access. I realise VPN's can get you round that problem but overall the process still works because the majority do not have VPN access.

I don’t see the need for a stadium bigger than 16k - the only way we would need a stadium bigger than that is if we got to the Prem. the last thing we want is to build a stadium and then float around in it 1/3rd full.

As a long-distance fan and a regular car user I appreciate the ability to drive up to the current ground and watch a game before my 2.5 hour drive home. It would be very difficult for me to use public transport to Minchery Farm and get home again (especially on a weeknight) as trains and buses from Cambridge via London are prohibitively slow and more expensive.
With SB I'm assuming I would be able to drive to one of the P&Rs or Oxford Parkway and gain access from there?
My decision to come to games can often be last-minute due to work commitments etc so booking public transport is rarely an option, I certainly would not try and park in Kidlington or on a random grass verge but I would like to know there are options for fans in my position. Could there by match-day train links from further afield, say Bicester?

If you are coming from that direction, there is a park and ride near Kingsmere in Bicester that is rarely more than 10% full. You could park there (free of charge) and grab the bus and be at the stadium in 10/15 minutes.

Last edited:
Reading the new Oxford United ground update, I am.thinking that those opposed to it should really be ashamed of themselves.
They are an absolute disgrace.
The people in this country that would welcome jobs, great local facilities, the club working with local schools, helping on mental health, prioritising local people for jobs, setting up apprenticeships ( and improve local sports facilities at their own cost) would be huge.
Surely we can't let insular ( generally older) people who simply don't want change, to destroy a community football club and take away facilities that the local young people would love?

I agree, 16000 capacity is not future proofed, however you could probably count the amount of times we could have filled that amount on one hand over the last decade.
Slow growth is where you attract new generations of supporters and the 4000 reduction of seats from the initial 20,000 capacity banded around will hurt us in the long run if we have success on the pitch.
Of course, having a club to support in the future is the most important thing, more seats in the new Staduim can not be that hard to sort out....
The stadium could easily be designed to enable another tier to be added at a later date. 16k is obviously fine at the moment but if we became the top 30 club then you add another tier.
Of course elsewhere in the world you simply rebuild and sell the site to Oxford City!!

Reading the new Oxford United ground update, I am.thinking that those opposed to it should really be ashamed of themselves.
They are an absolute disgrace.
The people in this country that would welcome jobs, great local facilities, the club working with local schools, helping on mental health, prioritising local people for jobs, setting up apprenticeships ( and improve local sports facilities at their own cost) would be huge.
Surely we can't let insular ( generally older) people who simply don't want change, to destroy a community football club and take away facilities that the local young people would love?
The simple solution of waiting for them to die is not an option, said the 71 year old poster!!!

Last edited:
The stadium could easily be designed to enable another tier to be added at a later date. 16k is obviously fine at the moment but if we became the top 30 club then you add another tier.
Of course elsewhere in the world you simply rebuild and sell the site to Oxford City!!
Once built it would never get another tier added later though, but I take your point.

Must say, I'm a little* disappointed to see the reduction in proposed capacity to 16k. I don't wish to see a white elephant built, but at Championship level i think 16k would lead to lost revenues.

*Happy to wait for more detail!

However, i believe Brighton built the Amex on its existing footprint fron day one, but it DID NOT reach its current capacity until later. If the plan is to reconfigure internals to increase seating at a later time (perhaps contingent on reaching the Championship, or on demonstration of need) then i can understand the trade off, where the assumption is it increases the chances of planning approval.

But i very much doubt it would ever make economic sense to make major structural chamges later (eg another tier or larger footprint) for just a couple of thousand more seats.

Once built it would never get another tier added later though, but I take your point.
Hull did it and the Kas Stad/Mad Stad had that design feature built in to the original plan. Simply lift off the roof and add an extension, just like home improvements!!. Accept the planning authority needs to be onside and needs to make financial sense.

At least it should be 16,000 seats we can actually use unlike the 12,500 at the Kasstad.
16k = under 15k when it's done. It's the Oxford way unfortunately. Thought at first it was a typo.

Why aim to be a top 30 club with this newly enginered reduced capacity. I thought 18k originally was a little underwhelming but I listened to most fair minded points and grew a pair and was sort of happy ish in the end with 18k. Then I saw this and immediately thought of the song oops! I did it again but changed this to oops! we've done it again. Big ideas shot down without a mention and sneeked in the back door. I hope this 'caveat' is a winner because I cannot see it from here (the stadium) and neither will anyone else with 2000 seats lopped off the stadium and dispersed with overnight. What on earth will we forfeit next?

And before the pro chunterings start on the keyboard...I've seen 'international stadium' being mentioned more and more with the world class facility being used less and less. Just saying.

After 20 odd years of sitting in a 3 stand fiasco it has of today the beginnings of a deja vu feeling.

I get the Bournemouth top 20 thing with a 11k capacity but they have issues with increasing but we have the chance of doing it right first time around and then start surrendering by the looks of it. Cost effectiveness?

Should've started at 21k and took a hit to 18k. I despair.

10k in a dead rubber tomorrow-15k in a game where we could get 18k in a new stadium? Enjoy the same old same old.

Measure twice cut once.

Don't give them your name Pike.

I think so many people refuse to go to the Kas so the Triangle will be far more popular even in L1.
That said, we are desperate and in a corner.
No we are in a triangle.

Parking in the triangle will be restricted to players, training staff, the home and away boardroom and the opponent's bus.

Parking numbers could be increased by only allowing Reliant Robins in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom