New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Was in an all inclusive hotel in Majorca on the family holiday this summer and they actually had something like this, place had about 2000 guests and the system worked well so its not undoable on a large scale, especially if you add in improved technology in aspects like multi pour systems and pre pay etc, could actually help keep queues down.
That happens in German football grounds.
Cups with the clubs logo etc, and you can keep it or return to get your deposit back

It wouldn't be beyond reason to have a mobile app for food/drink orders from your seat. Select your seat number, what you want, the system allocates you a collection point and time. Easy.

Well I say 'Easy', Edgbaston tried something similar for the Ashes test in the summer and messed it up entirely, although to be fair the average cricket crowd would probably drink more beer in one day than a football crowd would consume in half a season...
Only because top level and league football is the only sport where drinking alcohol in view of the pitch is illegal

Only because top level and league football is the only sport where drinking alcohol in view of the pitch is illegal
Yeah true, also cricket being held in the summer in the warm will help as well.

It wouldn't be beyond reason to have a mobile app for food/drink orders from your seat. Select your seat number, what you want, the system allocates you a collection point and time. Easy.

Well I say 'Easy', Edgbaston tried something similar for the Ashes test in the summer and messed it up entirely, although to be fair the average cricket crowd would probably drink more beer in one day than a football crowd would consume in half a season...

The technology for this sort of stuff is only going to get better though as more and more events start doing it, by the time we are up and running at the new ground it should be fairly smooth.

Got tickets at Edgbaston for the Windies next summer, will see if its got any better then.

Went to a music festival in Germany in 2008 and they were already using a return / reuse scheme for all cups. They were 100% recyclable and featured several different designs in case people wanted to collect them and take them home. The festival capacity was something like 60,000 so doing something similar for a 16,000 capacity stadium would be no bother.

f**k sake can we just build it already, it's going to be a long 3 years waiting for this now...

f**k sake can we just build it already, it's going to be a long 3 years waiting for this now...
But we've only just sorted out the beer delivery method. We haven't touched on concourse paint colours, seat fabric, plant types for the green roof etc etc...

Be patient, it'll come.

I often wonder how good our current recycling is at the Kasstad. Everything just goes in big poly bags so food waste, plastic, coffee cups, etc all get jumbled up.
I don’t profess to be an expert but wonder how much is actually recycled.

I often wonder how good our current recycling is at the Kasstad. Everything just goes in big poly bags so food waste, plastic, coffee cups, etc all get jumbled up.
I don’t profess to be an expert but wonder how much is actually recycled.
Most of it (as with a lot of co-mingled commercial waste) will go to a materials recycling facility where it does get sorted into various streams (using a variety of manual and mechanical separation means). There will always be some that is so contaminated that it can't be recovered. Mixing in stuff with liquids or food still in it is the biggest problem.

So make sure you empty stuff, folks...and wash out your Tins , bottles and trays etc at home, you mucky gits🤣

Last edited:

Lol.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when you reconcile "I need a physical season ticket" and '"I want to pay in cash" with "beers are now ordered via an app, on your phone, from your seat, with allocated collection times".

Lol.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when you reconcile "I need a physical season ticket" and '"I want to pay in cash" with "beers are now ordered via an app, on your phone, from your seat, with allocated collection times".
Well obviously the traditional way of turning up in person with some coins or notes would still be available, we don't want to upset @Sarge any more than is neccesary...

I think the easiest solution is to just have someone wheeling along a suitcase of beers that they just bought in the local Sainsbury's. Your beer will be lukewarm but on the plus side the vendor will accept cash.

I believe they have a similar system in place at Notting Hill Carnival and it always seems to work without any issues.

I would be very surprised if the new ground isn't cashless, sarge has 3 years to get used to this though so he should have almost calmed down by then.

I think the easiest solution is to just have someone wheeling along a suitcase of beers that they just bought in the local Sainsbury's. Your beer will be lukewarm but on the plus side the vendor will accept cash.

Good shout. That's more or less what worked at The Priory for years...

The Bangkok Glass Superdome
It’d just be BG Superdome, surely? Remember it doesn’t need to be clear what BG stands for.

Seriously though, however much I’d love ‘The New Manor’ or something that sounds like a proper football ground, I’d happily settle for ‘Oxfordshire Community Stadium’ as opposed to a ‘Sponsor Arena’, although I acknowledge it’s almost certain to be sponsored at some point

Back
Top Bottom