New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Perfect. Use these with some sort of return deposit system and it's all good.

I can spot you have your cricket hat on! I think that the example glass that Sarge has posted is generally single-use only. They tend to be collapsable but at the very least they are compostable.

The ones you see at cricket - and I have a stack of these at home from the Champions Trophy and CWC - tend to be plastic but washable and reusable. The deposit scheme works well and it's a highlight at Lord's seeing kids rushing around to pick up the discarded glasses to make some pocket money. One kid must've had about 20 in his own 'beer snake'. I treated myself to an extra pint at the cricket by returning six glasses and getting £1 for each. It was a just reward for keeping the Oval tidy 😌.

I honestly don't mind a sponsors name. Actually think that sounds much better than something like the Oxfordshire Community Stadium. That's assuming we don't get something stupid like Pampers, or Durex!

I can spot you have your cricket hat on! I think that the example glass that Sarge has posted is generally single-use only. They tend to be collapsable but at the very least they are compostable.

The ones you see at cricket - and I have a stack of these at home from the Champions Trophy and CWC - tend to be plastic but washable and reusable. The deposit scheme works well and it's a highlight at Lord's seeing kids rushing around to pick up the discarded glasses to make some pocket money. One kid must've had about 20 in his own 'beer snake'. I treated myself to an extra pint at the cricket by returning six glasses and getting £1 for each. It was a just reward for keeping the Oval tidy 😌.
Most prem grounds have something like the below whereby you pop the cups back into a holder on the wall. Brentford (AFL designed) certainly do.

It’d just be BG Superdome, surely? Remember it doesn’t need to be clear what BG stands for.

Seriously though, however much I’d love ‘The New Manor’ or something that sounds like a proper football ground, I’d happily settle for ‘Oxfordshire Community Stadium’ as opposed to a ‘Sponsor Arena’, although I acknowledge it’s almost certain to be sponsored at some point
It is certain to be sponsored from the beginning ( the first sponsorship of a new stadium is the mist lucrative)
There is no chance that a £100 m + stadium won't have a sponsor.

That happens in German football grounds.
Cups with the clubs logo etc, and you can keep it or return to get your deposit back
100% should do this. They are less flimsy than single-use cups, and can be kept as a souvenir. Because of the deposit, you get all of the little grommets and scallies cleaning for you (sometimes even if you haven't finished your pint yet ...).

Incidentally, I'm in the process of moving house and my new road/street/close is, genuinely, "Manor X".

My wife doesn't know it yet, but she's going to really enjoy me shouting "Up The Manor" everytime we get in the car to return home.
Every time she comes back on her own and finds the house a mess, break out into 'You should have stayed at The Manor..'

Most prem grounds have something like the below whereby you pop the cups back into a holder on the wall. Brentford (AFL designed) certainly do.

Yep. These are good and simple systems that incentivize people to return them. I guess our preference is no plastic but if there has to be plastic, at least make it reusable.

Incidentally, I'm in the process of moving house and my new road/street/close is, genuinely, "Manor X".

My wife doesn't know it yet, but she's going to really enjoy me shouting "Up The Manor" everytime we get in the car to return home.
Enjoy. We moved to a house in Wembley 15 years ago and I relish the feeling every time I go home.

If the stadium is zero plastic, what is the sports bar going to serve our pints of Fosters/Strongbow in on match days? Paper cups? Intrigued to see how they get around that one. Also intrigued to see how long before Middleton reads this and try’s to spin it.
Polystyrene, it'll also be germ free........................

Thanks, it is a good question though, the funding of the stadium has not been made exactly clear.
If a person or a group of people say they want to spend £100m on something, it is a very pertinent question: what’s in it for them?

With things seeming moving very quickly with the new stadium with the release of the images and the open stadium meetings offered and open to the public should we as long standing supporters and newly found supporters be involved in naming the stadium.
Whist I fully appreciate the main sponsors or main funders would want their name up in lights however I firmly believe the stadium should be named as owners, sponsors and fund raisers come and go however the stadium will be there for a 100 years.

Lots of stadiums have been re-named with sponsors over the years and there are too many to mention however their original stadium name remains with the club and so should it....

If we as supporters come up with stadium names either regarding location, our past, our future or something else relevant then maybe a poll could be compiled of the top 10 stadium names so all supporters can vote and then dwindle it down to the most popular 5 to vote again, then down to 3 to vote again then the one most popular to be presented to the club, the owners and the sponsors for consideration and ultimately naming the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom