New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

im being really honest here, I'm not looking at this with yellow spectacles on.
it takes more than 40 minutes to get to the Jr bus, everyday at certain times, especially 5 PM rush hour,you can add on any where between 20 mins to an hour depending on circumstances. it's not scaremongering to me it's reality..View attachment 16276

Still better than other areas around Oxford or further afield such as previously mentioned Abingdon. A temporary road block on Oxford Road at the times games will be played won't make much difference at all, a few minutes at most.

Oh so that's why he doesn't use Next Door anymore!
Nope he got a month ban to start with for it's petty to me now a days but I'm sandwich short of a picnic 🤣🤣 so he attacked me for that come back started again on and lasted 24 hours

Just seen the ad on the roundabout advertising the fireworks..... What about the wild life in that area?
the so called 'green' councillors on KPC didn't oppose the KPC firework display on SB sports ground , right next to SB nature reserve again this year. Even though Green party policy regarding animal welfare is against anything that causes distress etc to animals and wildlife
The green councillors on KPC are false greens, pretenders, with an alternative, self serving agenda IMO

Nope he got a month ban to start with for it's petty to me now a days but I'm sandwich short of a picnic 🤣🤣 so he attacked me for that come back started again on and lasted 24 hours
What a rather unpleasant man. Turns out the bile and abuse he speaks of probably came from him...

the so called 'green' councillors on KPC didn't oppose the KPC firework display on SB sports ground , right next to SB nature reserve again this year. Even though Green party policy regarding animal welfare is against anything that causes distress etc to animals and wildlife
The green councillors on KPC are false greens, pretenders, with an alternative, self serving agenda IMO
And we all know what that alternative self serving agenda is really all about

im being really honest here, I'm not looking at this with yellow spectacles on.
it takes more than 40 minutes to get to the Jr bus, everyday at certain times, especially 5 PM rush hour,you can add on any where between 20 mins to an hour depending on circumstances. it's not scaremongering to me it's reality..View attachment 16276
And how many appointments are on Saturday afternoons or Tuesday evenings. The bus takes a long time, there are a lot of stops between Lyne road and the hospitals, it's the reality of using public transport. We always use the bus when going into Oxford or for hospital appointments. It's nowhere near as quick as getting someone to drop you off in a car.

And how many appointments are on Saturday afternoons or Tuesday evenings. The bus takes a long time, there are a lot of stops between Lyne road and the hospitals, it's the reality of using public transport. We always use the bus when going into Oxford or for hospital appointments. It's nowhere near as quick as getting someone to drop you off in a car.
The 700 bus it's not just for appointments ; it's for people that work there, people that are visiting patients people that want to get to headington. it stops at, the Churchill hospital , warnford hospital, Nuffield hospital John raddclife hospital , Brookes university Summertown, Oxford park & ride & parkway & Kidlington. it doesn't run at weekends , so of course they're going to go by car on a Saturday.

Perhaps he can be persuaded to show his workings on this, and produce the text that his pompous answer in point 3 refers to?

This came from the scoping documents I believe it stated that there would be 2 capacity events per week. This should have shown that there will be a maximum of 2 per week but approximately 30 per year in total as it only currently applies to first team games. The women's team were also included as they want to encourage greater attendance at these games but they would still likely be around 1000 even then.

It was an error in the presentation, and a frustrating one as it is something that should have easily been spotted. But it is something that can be easily explained as are the issues regarding hard/soft road closures etc.

The most important thing is that these issues are not big and CDC will be aware of the errors and they won't have any impact at all on the outcome of their planning decisions. It's just frustrating to give any ammunition at all to those who jump all over these things.

I hadn't been on Nextdoor for several days, and haven't posted on there for many weeks (my last post, which was a perfectly reasonable post stating a few facts, was deleted as "public shaming" so I can't be bothered to give them the time of day if they're going to shut me down as soon as I say something worthwhile) but I thought I'd have a catch up last night and read some of the latest stadium threads.

My God, nothing has changed! Middleton, Campbell, Thompson, Tom White, and a couple of other obnoxious new entrants still spouting the same drivel and never answering a question when it's put to them. Middleton and Campbell still regurgitating the "why did OUFC cancel their right to stay at The Kassam?" myth and Middleton banging on about capacity events "at least twice a week" and yet refusing to acknowledge the several posters who pointed out his error. The Parish Poll being trotted out as if it were a referendum, while ignoring the result of the wider consultation. All posts are traffic, road closures, anti social behaviour, blah, blah, blah.

These people are like a cult. You can't talk to them, and I for one will use my energies in talking to people who are prepared to listen. I'll certainly argue our case, but I think I've had it with Nextdoor now, it's like bashing your head against a wall or talking to children who stick their fingers in their ears and go la, la, al, la, la while you're talking. Just reading it for an hour or so last night gave me a headache!!!!

Hats off to those of you who are persisting though.
I didn't really want to give oxygen to Middleton, but if you look at his twitter, it is so obvious that he hides an obvious loathing for football behind "concerns" of road closures etc. He simply has a bigoted and uninformed view of football supporters, a sport he knows "knob all" (his words not mine) about.

In my opinion he is a complete bully and a nasty person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Hill claims to have been at the invite only session last week. Can anyone corroborate that?

I was there and didn't see him. However Suzanne McIvor was hiding at the back of the room and left before Tim Williams had completed his welcome speech.

I would ask that if he was there, did he take the opportunity to speak with the architect team, the landscaping team, those looking at transport, Tim Williams, Niall McWilliams or any of the others who were on site? Did he seek out the Supporters Panel or OxVox representatives? Or speak with any of the numerous councillors from various different councils and parties?

And if he had spoken with any of these people, did he raise his concerns and did he get any answers to them?

Because I was there and I also met with the Project Team for 3 hours on Saturday, and there wasn't a question that they wasn't happy to give a full and honest answer to, or offered to seek further information and get back to us. They also held their hands up to things that could have been done better, so it's not like it was Oxford Stadium propaganda! In fact, they welcome discussions with those who are against the stadium or are Cautiously Neutral!

This came from the scoping documents I believe it stated that there would be 2 capacity events per week. This should have shown that there will be a maximum of 2 per week but approximately 30 per year in total as it only currently applies to first team games. The women's team were also included as they want to encourage greater attendance at these games but they would still likely be around 1000 even then.

It was an error in the presentation, and a frustrating one as it is something that should have easily been spotted. But it is something that can be easily explained as are the issues regarding hard/soft road closures etc.

The most important thing is that these issues are not big and CDC will be aware of the errors and they won't have any impact at all on the outcome of their planning decisions. It's just frustrating to give any ammunition at all to those who jump all over these things.
He's now claiming that the road will be closed for 6 hours a week I have corrected him yet again that on midweek major events that the road isn't closed just for match days IMG_20231016_140734.jpg

Back
Top Bottom