New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

He's being deliberately obtuse.

2 capacity events per week, 1 hour closure before + 2 after = 6 hours per week or 312 hours per year.

Maybe worth pointing out that hard closures will be 20 minutes before and after 30 games a year = 20 hours per year.

That's less than central Oxford has as a result of St. Giles fair!

2 capacity events per week, 1 hour closure before + 2 after = 6 hours per week or 312 hours per year.

Maybe worth pointing out that hard closures will be 20 minutes before and after 30 games a year = 20 hours per year.

He won't reply now it's the usual proved wrong move on to another subject

A few years back I was always having to drive around town at the same time as St Giles fair for both days it was on, took a little bit of extra thought to plot your route but other than that it was no bother, never heard anyone complain about the road closure it was just something that happened to bring a bit of joy and money into the city centre. If the centre of Oxford can shut down a major road in for 2 and a half days without the world ending then to turn down a £100 million outside investment for 20 minutes and 30 minutes road closures a few days a year on the outskirts of a village, closures that will be so brief that anyone with 10 percent of a brain will be able to avoid them would be absolute madness.

A few years back I was always having to drive around town at the same time as St Giles fair for both days it was on, took a little bit of extra thought to plot your route but other than that it was no bother, never heard anyone complain about the road closure it was just something that happened to bring a bit of joy and money into the city centre. If the centre of Oxford can shut down a major road in for 2 and a half days without the world ending then to turn down a £100 million outside investment for 20 minutes and 30 minutes road closures a few days a year on the outskirts of a village, closures that will be so brief that anyone with 10 percent of a brain will be able to avoid them would be absolute madness.
The view of a resident is I'll be stuck in my home 7 days a week

IM has finally blocked me from his twitter account...
Doesn't want anyone who doesn't fawn to his every word and question the untruths..

IM has finally blocked me from his twitter account...
Doesn't want anyone who doesn't fawn to his every word and question the untruths..
He finally blocked me when he accused me of being the one who went to the paper bloody cheek

Genuine question - does anyone read NextDoor other than the FoSB NIMBY's and a handful of OUFC fans? Does what's said get reported anywhere but here and the odd FB page? I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really do think we would be best served letting it become the echo chamber it would be without the input of OUFC fans.

Genuine question - does anyone read NextDoor other than the FoSB NIMBY's and a handful of OUFC fans? Does what's said get reported anywhere but here and the odd FB page? I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really do think we would be best served letting it become the echo chamber it would be without the input of OUFC fans.

Not really. It's the same old people, including me, making points/counterpoints to the same old other people. There's been a few new names to the mix since the road closure was mooted but otherwise as you were.

You're right it is rather pointless but I do feel I have exposed one or two posters to some of the hypocrisies and links to certain individuals on there. It's IM's hangout too and it's useful to see what he's plotting.

Oh, and lost cats, people flogging old furniture (Mrs Eastwood yet to be seen) and a surpassingly large amount of posts asking where to buy local honey too.

Not really. It's the same old people, including me, making points/counterpoints to the same old other people. There's been a few new names to the mix since the road closure was mooted but otherwise as you were.

You're right it is rather pointless but I do feel I have exposed one or two posters to some of the hypocrisies and links to certain individuals on there. It's IM's hangout too and it's useful to see what he's plotting.

Oh, and lost cats, people flogging old furniture (Mrs Eastwood yet to be seen) and a surpassingly large amount of posts asking where to buy local honey too.
I'm slowly changing tactics where I can and going for the positive side like the biodiversity and noise pollution light pollution etc they can't answer it that tim green just ignored it and now he's ignoring the lease with the council being more than 25 years

I think if we left you would have more and more people believing what fosb say. Since the plans came out the ones starting the threads are fosb and they have all followed like sheep, there is no other argument it is purely just the road being closed so I take it they like the design the green spaces etc etc

I have thought this for some time, that FoSB are irrelevant on their own site and nextdoor.
They are in their own bubble, as we are.
They lost the argument and everything was looking positive

However

What I am much more concerned about is that after winning the argument the road closure issue has become much more important to Kidlington residents.

It’s as if they had accepted that the Stadiuum would happen and were resigned to it but the road closure issue has given them impetus

I really think that the road closure issue needs to be sorted and quickly

I have thought this for some time, that FoSB are irrelevant on their own site and nextdoor.
They are in their own bubble, as we are.
They lost the argument and everything was looking positive

However

What I am much more concerned about is that after winning the argument the road closure issue has become much more important to Kidlington residents.

It’s as if they had accepted that the Stadiuum would happen and were resigned to it but the road closure issue has given them impetus

I really think that the road closure issue needs to be sorted and quickly
agree 100%

Fosb were rightly invited to the opening of the exhibition I know Suzanne went Middleton couldn't go apparently
Yes for once getting involved FOSB invited to the exhibition was a good idea. Fight their narrow minded views with a professional exhibition.

Back
Top Bottom