New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

They didn't have social media to exaggerate the level of opposition.
Yes cause they didn't put leaflets or knocked on my door. I even didn't have a mobile if I can remember..

The Watlington Road site was proposed around 1990. I think it got kicked out by the Secretary of State as it was on Green Belt which carried a bit of weight 30 years ago.

I have a diagram of sites looked at by the club prior to Minchery Farm

View attachment 17646
Shame that Opens was never allowed. Could have had a fantastic city centre stadium/ice rink right by the station.

This is a positive potentially:

There is now a brand spanking new bus and cycle lane and between the Turnpike Inn at Yarnton and the roundabout which connects to Frieze Way.

This will be a fantastic opportunity to get to the Triangle from Woodstock, Bladon, Begbroke, other local villages, and Yarnton itself via public transport or bycycle. Something that simply isn’t possible at the current ground.

I have to say the management of expectations has been poor. Really need to build the momentum and excitement, but we just seem to be on a roller coaster that only occasionally goes up. My perception is that this doesn't happen at most clubs who move. Is it our Council, our Management or just the problems associated with Oxford itself?
Or is it that the downward ride is more fun?

I have to say the management of expectations has been poor. Really need to build the momentum and excitement, but we just seem to be on a roller coaster that only occasionally goes up. My perception is that this doesn't happen at most clubs who move. Is it our Council, our Management or just the problems associated with Oxford itself?
Or is it that the downward ride is more fun?

I’m sure it does. It’s just that you are not as emotionally involved to notice or care about all the intricacies of the process or set backs along the way.

I’m sure it does. It’s just that you are not as emotionally involved to notice or care about all the intricacies of the process or set backs along the way.
The planning system is torturously slow in this country. Folk of all political colours (aside from fringe elements) know and state this, but little ever gets done to genuinely change it sadly.

Back
Top Bottom