New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Peter, I want the best for my club - that I have supported for many more years than you have - but I am really worried that we are hurtling towards bad news on this one. Go on give them a call. - everything's probably OK?

Right now on Google maps from Sainsbury's to the John Radcliffe 20 mins 5 miles going down Oxford road
Frieze way 28 mins 5.7 miles
Would 8 minutes really upset you that much
But this sort of calculation is not valid, as it only looks at current traffic levels and does not take into account the additional traffic generated by the stadium.

Closing the road before and after the game will mean all football traffic not coming from the city direction will have to filter through peartree and round to the park and ride(potentially 2 1/2 sides of a triangle)
Keeping the road open allows at least some (possibly including from southbound A34 (&M40)) to come in via the Sainsbury's roundabout and perhaps more importantly to leave via that route, which will help disperse the volume leaving parkway far quicker too.

So my view is that avoiding road closures would not only be a good idea politically, it would also help from a traffic management perspective too.

What would be ideal would be to have the footbridge so that no closures are needed before the game. This makes sense since people will trickle in to the ground in the hour or so before the game.

I imagine for safety reasons outside the control of the club, the road will have to close for at least a short period of time (30 mins or so) after games with large crowds for the sake of safe crowd management and avoiding any crushes on the bridge which would be a choke point.

Alternatively the bridge will be wide enough to be able to handle a large crowd surge after matches.

Used to take longer from Oxford city centre or the Headington hospitals to Kidlington, by van.
Than it did from the likes of Reading and Salisbury to Kidlington

Salisbury?

Really?

All 75 miles of it?

I've just being doing some family tree research, & came across this . A case of déjà vous..View attachment 17642View attachment 17643

A lovely bit of Maxwellian brinkmanship/exaggeration going on there. Where was the proposed location of the stadium on Watlington Road going to be? Presuming if Kevin Maxwell was chairman, this was mooted at some point between 1986-1991?

It was like they were waiting for us anyway ...

The Manor Garsington.JPG

A lovely bit of Maxwellian brinkmanship/exaggeration going on there. Where was the proposed location of the stadium on Watlington Road going to be? Presuming if Kevin Maxwell was chairman, this was mooted at some point between 1986-1991?

It was like they were waiting for us anyway ...

View attachment 17644
Wasn't that one on the watlington rd, going to be by unipart...

I lived on the corner of the of minchery road, by the priory, I can't recall protesters one little bit. Not like this FOSB mob..

Sorry if I don't trawl back through more than 300 pages but what is the current status of the planning schedule? Have we submitted plans yet? Is the road closure/footbridge access the problem or are the owners wanting everything watertight first?

Sorry if I don't trawl back through more than 300 pages but what is the current status of the planning schedule? Have we submitted plans yet? Is the road closure/footbridge access the problem or are the owners wanting everything watertight first?
1) Unclear
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes

blimey look at 7) ... thats not very far at all from the currently proposed site( the triangle)
They've tried a couple of times at pear tree, I think ,botley twice Marston twice Morris motors etc etc

Back
Top Bottom