New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

We need to ignore what Middleton is doing to wind us up and just make sure we try and stop his green mates getting elected to Cherwell DC. The green lib alliance looks to be breaking down all over, including Scotland. In the last local and CDC elections they did not stand against each other, this time they are.

Everyone is going. It's gonna be massive.
I just need to ask local residents if we can use their gardens as facilities.

If I lived in the area, even in a local election I wouldn’t countenance voting for the party of Johnson, Truss, Sunak, Rees-Mogg, Braverman, Jenrick & Co. in any circumstance whatsoever! It would be Labour for me.
All I would say about this process is that we as fans have been able to put our political allegiances aside for one common goal.

I've also learnt that it's a good idea to never vote for the Lib Dems or Green Party ever again.

Personally I’m tempted to look up the previous result for the ward and vote for the strongest placed pro stadium party/candidate last time out. You however must vote how you think best though, it’s not for me to tell you who to vote for.
This is probably the best approach, though where Labour and the Tories were neck and neck, you may want to swing your vote Labour's way as I think everyone knows the trajectory the Tory party is going on for these elections! Just to declare an interest, I hate the Tories with a passion, but would be willing to vote for them in these local elections to keep a Green or Lib Dem out just this once.

This is probably the best approach, though where Labour and the Tories were neck and neck, you may want to swing your vote Labour's way as I think everyone knows the trajectory the Tory party is going on for these elections! Just to declare an interest, I hate the Tories with a passion, but would be willing to vote for them in these local elections to keep a Green or Lib Dem out just this once.
I highly dislike the Tories, but Cllr Walker has done a superb job and has fought our corner every step of the way. He's a hero. I would definitely vote for him in a local capacity because he stands for what I believe in regarding the stadium.

We need to ignore what Middleton is doing to wind us up and just make sure we try and stop his green mates getting elected to Cherwell DC. The green lib alliance looks to be breaking down all over, including Scotland. In the last local and CDC elections they did not stand against each other, this time they are.

It is predicted that the Green/LibDem alliance will take control of CDC but not the committees.

Given the clear and evidenced anti-stadium views and policies of both parties neither should be involved in the planning decision.

I think this'll go to the secretary of state to make the decision. I certainly hope it does given the lack of knowledge of stadia and sporting events shown by the LibDem and Greens to date.

So salty, he tries to claim HoTs as non binding and trivial but this shows a lack of understanding of their purpose. These agreements are essential for framing the negotiations, ensuring all parties are clearly committed and of course, in turn, this will significantly influence the project's credibility and appeal in a positive way. To imply this step is merely a facade for financial desperation is not only cynical but factually inaccurate, but I guess that's par for the course in this instance.

It is predicted that the Green/LibDem alliance will take control of CDC but not the committees.

Given the clear and evidenced anti-stadium views and policies of both parties neither should be involved in the planning decision.

I think this'll go to the secretary of state to make the decision. I certainly hope it does given the lack of knowledge of stadia and sporting events shown by the LibDem and Greens to date.
It is likely to be called in by the secretary of state due to it being green belt land.
I believe that there is precedent for football clubs to build in green belt and there is some dispensation as football clubs are such community assets.

It's interesting that Middleton frequently quotes the non-binding local poll as significant whilst discrediting the non-binding HoTs.

If it is so worthless why would it matter to global investors whether or not it is in place, and why would long serving councillors go out of their way, and have angered those within their own party, to prevent it from being signed.

As said, Middleton is a very salty individual who is seeing his dreams of political power slip away from him by the day. He had been pushing for the vice chair role in a Lib Dem led County or District Council. This won't be the last we hear from him as he becomes increasingly stroppy.
When you have aspirations of becoming a Green MP, all his promises will be non binding.

The planning application is still open for comments (as FoSB were informed it would be), you haven't missed the boat if you haven't done it yet.

CDC havent (yet) loaded many submitted comments from saturday, and none so far from Sunday or yesterday... interestingly a number of objections that have been posted from OX5 addresses in the past few days that are up on the portal are 'additions' from objectors who have already logged objections- do these additions count as single objections, or are they added together as one objection from the same person?

Back
Top Bottom