New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

The article says it's a 'special report' but this comes up every month or so. Guess who gets his goatee-bearded face in the paper again. There's some talk of the stadium too as part of the wider developments taking place north of Oxford.

The CPRE quote made me chuckle: "The Oxford Green Belt is at its narrowest at this point and there is a real risk of coalescence of Kidlington and other villages with the city of Oxford. This threatens the rural character of the area but also doesn’t provide the houses that people really need."

Kidlington? Ha! This is the first picture that comes up when you google 'Kidlington'

Capture.JPG

An aside but Dorothy Walker looks like one of the stock characters they use for clickbait advertising on the OM. You know, the sort that read 'UK people born between 1949-63 have to read THIS' sort of gumpf.

IM's also active in the comments section too ...

Hey Oxfordkits, I’m the Labour chap.

To give me answers some context that’s the first live radio interview I’ve ever done. Yes it wasn’t great but it was blooming stressful. I’m not a politician, I’ve never stood for office before. I was the only one of the 4 who isn’t a current district councillor.

There’s many things I wish I’d said including the licence but Ian M had already mentioned this & when you’re on the spot & despite having notes in front of you it’s difficult. I had a line about unique & unprecedented opportunity. See my leaflet attached.

You also have to speak to them without speakerphone. I was also conscious of listening to what the Greens said & being prepared for a reply.

I gave it my best shot & fully stated my position with facts.
Don’t worry the audience will have been very small and will have little or no effect on your chances. True Oxford fans who live in your ward will vote for you. Keep up the good fight.

The article says it's a 'special report' but this comes up every month or so. Guess who gets his goatee-bearded face in the paper again. There's some talk of the stadium too as part of the wider developments taking place north of Oxford.

The CPRE quote made me chuckle: "The Oxford Green Belt is at its narrowest at this point and there is a real risk of coalescence of Kidlington and other villages with the city of Oxford. This threatens the rural character of the area but also doesn’t provide the houses that people really need."

Kidlington? Ha! This is the first picture that comes up when you google 'Kidlington'

View attachment 19189

An aside but Dorothy Walker looks like one of the stock characters they use for clickbait advertising on the OM. You know, the sort that read 'UK people born between 1949-63 have to read THIS' sort of gumpf.

IM's also active in the comments section too ...
He also says we are not "Oxfordshire United" but earlier on the radio suggested Didcot as a site for a new stadium!

Interesting that our stadium will be "plonked" - is this a new construction method?

How ironic would it be if the Greens managed to delay the opening of the stadium, causing thousands of people to have to travel several miles to get to a "home" game and causing extra pollution and congestion?

I notice that the SNP and Green coalition has broken down north of the border. One MSP said this about the situation:

"I opposed the Bute House agreement from the start, arguing that the Scottish National Party, a party of government, would be damaged by association with a group of politicians who are widely seen as extremists."

Astonishing, isn’t it? It’s either trolling or just thrashing about attempting to find some sort of alternative that may be considered.

Odd man.
Think about it like this.

We have to change our name, move to Didcot, get EFL permission to do both those things (not to mention fan opinion!) all because Ian Middleton doesn't want to have a football stadium built near one of his homes.

The entitlement is off the scale.

How ironic would it be if the Greens managed to delay the opening of the stadium, causing thousands of people to have to travel several miles to get to a "home" game and causing extra pollution and congestion?
I put that to a member of FoSB and the answer was "don't travel if you want to protect the environment then"

These people are that stupid.

Sorry, must have nodded off reading that objection...

No worries, it’s very hard to keep up with what the Triangle site is, scrubland, crucial no man’s land between the warring states of Oxford and Kidlington, rainforest teeming with life, urban area and gateway to the promised land of Sainsbury, home of an extensive fencing company employing thousands and paying huge rent. In fact it can be anything but a football stadium apparently.

Whoa - this IM chap is a genius.

I am going to run with his suggestion of "Making Oxfordshire United" as the slogan for the club and will now be urging those at the club responsible for anything and everything relating to not only the stadium project but the parts and programs which reach out to all cultures, ages, ethnicity, disabilities, gender and religions.

This should indeed be on the masthead and in the forefront of everything that the club communicates.

No worries, it’s very hard to keep up with what the Triangle site is, scrubland, crucial no man’s land between the warring states of Oxford and Kidlington, rainforest teeming with life, urban area and gateway to the promised land of Sainsbury, home of an extensive fencing company employing thousands and paying huge rent. In fact it can be anything but a football stadium apparently.
Don't forget Swedish style sauna houses or whatever McIvor claimed that charity was interested in putting on the triangle.

Whoa - this IM chap is a genius.

I am going to run with his suggestion of "Making Oxfordshire United" as the slogan for the club and will now be urging those at the club responsible for anything and everything relating to not only the stadium project but the parts and programs which reach out to all cultures, ages, ethnicity, disabilities, gender and religions.

This should indeed be on the masthead and in the forefront of everything that the club communicates.
Who the hell uses the word "Masthead" anyway?

Another classic Middleton quote - we should change our name!

View attachment 19190

We can go anywhere in Oxfordshire but not too near his house, he has pretty much admitted that twice today, all of his arguments are nonsense he just doesn’t want us near his house.

The strange thing is we are not moving near his house. I grew up nearer to the Manor than he lives to the triangle, he will not even know the games are on.

We can go anywhere in Oxfordshire but not to near his house, he has pretty much admitted that twice today, all of his arguments are nonsense he just doesn’t want us near his house.

The strange thing is we are not moving near his house. I grew up nearer to the Manor than he lives to the triangle, he will not even know the games are on.
And it's not even his only home! He could always pop down to Kent for the weekend when the football is on?

Back
Top Bottom