New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I'm afraid once again despite a great deal of effort, Kidlington supporters of the stadium have sat on their hands. I have not looked at the portal in the detail you have @Headley, but I have been scanning the names on a daily basis and there are plenty missing in action. It doesn't bode well for Thursdays election.

We, football fans, tend not to be the demographic that engages with politics, let alone local politics.

On the other hand politics and objecting is the hobby of nimbys.

i have to question the club on this what did they actually do to promote this unless your on here or twitter would you even of known there should of been leaflets being handed out at each home game. should of been in the matchday programme every week it should of been put on the website they have the whole database to send emails out to with the message
Emails were sent, but as I pointed out previously the last three home games should have had QR codes posted around and put in people's faces to submit there and then. There will I expect be not many more than 2.5 k submissions on the portal (how many season tickets holders). Oxvox didn't do any targeted emails to OX5 residents, they should have, the club should have done targeted emails to OX5 residents as well. I said previously and someone questioned me on it, our fans are just incredibly complacent. Rant over, have a nice day.

The main figures at OCC, Levy, Gant, and Miller, would all be aware if we had not acted in good faith regarding our lease agreement. I'm quite sure that if this were the case, they would have spoken up. Then there are the other 60 or so councillors who sit on OCC; surely one would have said something if OUFC had acted improperly. Yet, not a word from them. Only Councillor Mr. Middleton, who seems to know everything, has come forward with an argument that coincidentally mirrors that of FoSB, despite his claims of having no association with FoSB. A likely story, indeed.
And of course Middleton thinks every other councillor is wrong?

i have to question the club on this what did they actually do to promote this unless your on here or twitter would you even of known there should of been leaflets being handed out at each home game. should of been in the matchday programme every week it should of been put on the website they have the whole database to send emails out to with the message
Thank you for being so proactive @Billyox 👏👏. Whilst I understand the sentiment about the club being a little quiet, I do wonder if this works in our favour? If the club had mounted a huge campaign, then the 'antis' would have used that against our cause. Do you not think that the club being quiet, has added weight to the supportive comments?

Thank you for being so proactive @Billyox 👏👏. Whilst I understand the sentiment about the club being a little quiet, I do wonder if this works in our favour? If the club had mounted a huge campaign, then the 'antis' would have used that against our cause. Do you not think that the club being quiet, has added weight to the supportive comments?
fosb leaflet dropped so i dont think they could of used that as an excuse.

In my personal opinion, it wouldn't have mattered if we had 10,000 supporting comments; I don't believe the CDC will pay much attention to either support or objections. They would have known that support would always be higher due to our sheer numbers. This will be based solely on the planning application.

fosb leaflet dropped so i dont think they could of used that as an excuse.

In my personal opinion, it wouldn't have mattered if we had 10,000 supporting comments; I don't believe the CDC will pay much attention to either support or objections. They would have known that support would always be higher due to our sheer numbers. This will be based solely on the planning application.
FoSB did state that "OUFC have mobilised their fanbase" I seem to remember

Don't get too worked up about the numbers, FoSB only got a third of our numbers, but more importantly alot of their objection were cut and paste jobs from their guidance.

Those will be easily dismissed as they are based on a biased ecology report carried out by one of their members, claims we can stay at the Kassam due to a wishy washy email sent by Kassam and sensationalist Traffic concerns that will not count for anything as its only the professional traffic opinion that will matter.

Don't get too worked up about the numbers, FoSB only got a third of our numbers, but more importantly alot of their objection were cut and paste jobs from their guidance.

Those will be easily dismissed as they are based on a biased ecology report carried out by one of their members, claims we can stay at the Kassam due to a wishy washy email sent by Kassam and sensationalist Traffic concerns that will not count for anything as its only the professional traffic opinion that will matter.
Regarding the "ecology report" from "independent expert" Dr Webb - Natural England had already uploaded their feedback and had no objections. I think I'll trust the professionals over some hobbyist.

Emails were sent, but as I pointed out previously the last three home games should have had QR codes posted around and put in people's faces to submit there and then. There will I expect be not many more than 2.5 k submissions on the portal (how many season tickets holders). Oxvox didn't do any targeted emails to OX5 residents, they should have, the club should have done targeted emails to OX5 residents as well. I said previously and someone questioned me on it, our fans are just incredibly complacent. Rant over, have a nice day.
Whist not disagreeing with you, we are now where we are ( and I am not sure that having a go at supporters is a great idea).
Except for the elections ( where most of us can't directly affect this- I did write to the LibDem wanting to be the Police Commissioner stating that I had lost all confidence in the LibDems due to Gant, Levy, Miller), there us little that supporters can now do except for trusting the process?

I understand some Green Party members are also wanting to oust our Ian for his aggression. Concerns being raised at how agitateed he's become. If the Greens underperform in the locals, there's suggestions some pressure will be put on him.

On the LibDems, a LOT of frustration with the interview on BBC Rad Oxford by David Hindley - however the action is to get their heads down and hope the football goes away (hoping that OUFC Fans are too busy thinking about the actual football)

A fair few Oxfordshire based Independents want to throw in their support too, not one negative so far.

I understand some Green Party members are also wanting to oust our Ian for his aggression. Concerns being raised at how agitateed he's become. If the Greens underperform in the locals, there's suggestions some pressure will be put on him.

On the LibDems, a LOT of frustration with the interview on BBC Rad Oxford by David Hindley - however the action is to get their heads down and hope the football goes away (hoping that OUFC Fans are too busy thinking about the actual football)

A fair few Oxfordshire based Independents want to throw in their support too, not one negative so far.
This is great @SwissYellow
And your previous post , hopefully Labour and Conservative Councillors will work together for the common good.
Hope the Oxford Mail picks up on that particular story regarding Levy

Now the question is how can we push home this advantage especially against the dithering Lib Dem’s.

As @DannyW has mentioned before most of our fans won’t have a clue about the seriousness of our plight come election day that’s if they vote at all.

Not sure the club can do anything now, but one more push from Oxvox and OUSP?
Edit
Were the HoT signed last week as we were told?

Last edited:

This must not be allowed to happen. We the fans cannot sit back and just think of Wembley, we living in the CDC area have a chance to voice our support for the stadium. Use your vote wisely on May 2nd.

From the Labour Group on Oxfordshire CC.

Strong words.

View attachment 19298

Strong words indeed.

Trying to be objective it seems to me that both Levy and Gant bowed to pressure. They’ve had Middleton whispering in one ear and a small but shouty nimby group in the other.

As we’ve seen in Scotland cosying up to the current Green Party is unwise, and politically disastrous.

As I keep saying, deliberate delaying tactics damage the club, further delays could be catastrophic. The most damming thing is those who deliberately cause the delays know that to be true.

I am at a total loss to understand WHY the Green party have somebody like Middleton representing them.
The damage he must have done them with his behaviour ( should an elected politician be banned twice from the local forum due to his comments?).
Being as anti to the greenest stadium in the country ( by definition encouraging more people to drive to the Kassam), is to me extraordinary hypocrisy.
They will lose the argument and he will have damaged the Green Party at the same time ( and the LibDems by association)

Things you love to see 🥰.

It's always been a subplot but ousting him from local politics would be just rewards for his behaviour. It extends to how he has spoken to other people on matters unrelated to the stadium. Check out any OM comments page where he engages in running battles with others. He is rude, condescending and narcissistic. How he remains to garner such significant support beats me (although someone did say he is reasonably active in doorknocking and leafleting in his constituency).

If the Greens can do what we couldn't, good on 'em.

I am at a total loss to understand WHY the Green party have somebody like Middleton representing them.
The damage he must have done them with his behaviour ( should an elected politician be banned twice from the local forum due to his comments?).
Being as anti to the greenest stadium in the country ( by definition encouraging more people to drive to the Kassam), is to me extraordinary hypocrisy.
They will lose the argument and he will have damaged the Green Party at the same time ( and the LibDems by association)
He's also championing private car usage by being against a short road closure, and if OUFC do have to groundshare elsewhere think of all those car journeys that could have been saved if he didn't mind having the stadium near one of his houses.

He cannot have his dairy free cake and eat it too.

Things you love to see 🥰.

It's always been a subplot but ousting him from local politics would be just rewards for his behaviour. It extends to how he has spoken to other people on matters unrelated to the stadium. Check out any OM comments page where he engages in running battles with others. He is rude, condescending and narcissistic. How he remains to garner such significant support beats me (although someone did say he is reasonably active in doorknocking and leafleting in his constituency).

If the Greens can do what we couldn't, good on 'em.
Can see our little goatee sporting hypocrite friend becoming an independent.

Back
Top Bottom