New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I'd love to know what they mean by people being brave for speaking out against the stadium. Last time I checked I was only aware of one threatening letter that was sent to someones house and that was from someone who was against the stadium threatening a OUFC fan.

They also had the perfect opportunity in this little 'press release', to remind their 'large' following of how one should conduct themselves through this process and not to send any hatred or threatening letters/comments towards people with a different opinion to themselves. It appears they didn't feel the need to do so.
when it first popped up in my inbox that was what i was expecting a little couple of lines distancing themselves from it but no nothing

Have fosb come out and said anything about this first hate mail or are they sitting in silence
I’m sure it’s not the main FOSB’ers sending this stuff. But when you spout a lot of hateful stuff, don’t be surprised when you attract hateful people to support your cause.

All because they've been allowed to peddle their lies and hatred
Exactly. They have whipped up this rhetoric against OUFC and the club and need to be held accountable.

They would go a long way to earning people's respect if they came out and condemned these vile communications.

not saying it was a member of fosb but if i was them i would be doing everything to distance themselves from this. the silence just makes this look like it it was a member
Yep, as we know from this process that silence is usually filled with Chinese whispers and conjecture.

If it was a core member of FOSB they couldn’t get through a whole letter without at least some words in capital letters

Odd that they raise the Chiltern Railways comment when they reiterate that they support the stadium and would like to see some assurances to keep that support in place.

Bearing in mind that Chiltern Railways was raised on Nextdoor and was commented on by IM, they’re just pinching whatever comes up on there for their newsletter. They’re not appearing that engaged with the comments on the Planning Portal at all.

not saying it was a member of fosb but if i was them i would be doing everything to distance themselves from this. the silence just makes this look like it it was a member

Fairly sure it's Suzy, she was spying on my Facebook earlier - someone doesn't know that if you search for someone by name, you automatically go to the top of their 'people you may know' section.

Would be good if the person on Nextdoor goes to the police, if it was an FOSB member meddling with a public consultation, that would be received very poorly...

Odd that they raise the Chiltern Railways comment when they reiterate that they support the stadium and would like to see some assurances to keep that support in place.

Bearing in mind that Chiltern Railways was raised on Nextdoor and was commented on by IM, they’re just pinching whatever comes up on there for their newsletter. They’re not appearing that engaged with the comments on the Planning Portal at all.
if they had actually read chiltern railways response most of the changings they are suggesting are all ready in the planning plus dare i say it they have also suggested where the bridge should go 1714414944393.png

Yet more mis-information. They correctly head the paragraph "Here are a few comments that caught our eye:" and list cherry picked phrases, but they are all just that - comments. These people have actually engaged with the planners to say "this might be a problem, can it be done better". They are not objections and the officer will not give them any weight towards a refusal.

Honestly, you'd think experienced protesters would know how the planning system works by now....

Back
Top Bottom