New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

That's absolutely class. Especially so when you consider that his FoSB ally Vicky "erm, what am I campaigning against this time Trevor?" Campbell suggested building the stadium on South Park, a public piece of green space noted for it's superb view of the famed Oxford Spires.

FoSB starting to eat itself.

He is talking nonsense, the stadium will not take away anyone’s views of Oxford city centre or Blenheim palace, because you can’t see either of those things from a house near the stadium. It’s just more lies.

Well reading that helped get the kids off to sleep!

Loved the bit where he says the stadium will stop people from seeing the Oxford Spires and Blenheim Palace! Not sure why he stopped there, I've heard that Kidlington residents could once look our of their windows and see the Great Wall of China and sunsets over Hawaii but the stadium will block all of that!

My geeky area of expertise! 🤓

Oxford has 10 view 'cones' none of which are in Kidlington. The stadium will not impact the view of the spires from anywhere.

Screenshot_20240429_215820_Samsung Notes.jpgScreenshot_20240429_215858_Samsung Notes.jpg

Enjoy, fellow geeks 🤓 https://www.oxford.gov.uk/conservation/oxford-views-study

Last edited:
He is talking nonsense, the stadium will not take away anyone’s views of Oxford city centre or Blenheim palace, because you can’t see either of those things from a house near the stadium. It’s just more lies.
Too many trees in the way, for one. Perhaps IM would advocate chopping them all down and building something you could stand on top of for a better view?

Imagine having a world class, fully electric stadium built on unused and unloved land, right next to an incredible public transport hub AND with sight of the dreaming spires of our world famous city and the birth place of Sir Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace.

It's a PR dream!

Thanks Ian x

If there was ever any doubt that Cllr. Middleton was anything other than a deluded and sorry individual, then his document posted on the planning portal should have dispelled those doubts.
He contradicts himself. He conjures up statistics of such fanciful nature as to cast doubt on his own sanity. He misquotes, he lies and he seeks to create a narrative of such calamity that he just cannot be taken seriously.

If the Green party do not wish to tarnish their respectability any further, then they need to distance themselves from this charlatan and, very quickly.

If there was ever any doubt that Cllr. Middleton was anything other than a deluded and sorry individual, then his document posted on the planning portal should have dispelled those doubts.
He contradicts himself. He conjures up statistics of such fanciful nature as to cast doubt on his own sanity. He misquotes, he lies and he seeks to create a narrative of such calamity that he just cannot be taken seriously.

If the Green party do not wish to tarnish their respectability any further, then they need to distance themselves from this charlatan and, very quickly.
Yes but apart from that?

Probably without exception, all other clubs with aspirations similar to ours, would be looking to build a + 25,000 capacity stadium.
Just wondering if there is any chance whatsoever of a design change. When we go up we will have the nice problem of selling out most weeks at 16k.

Of course Middleton has to try and redirect it and make it about him

Can’t actually read this because it’s behind the paywall but @Billyox from your comments I assume Middleton has been approached by the Oxford Mail.

Unless Charlie has mentioned him to the Mail why would they contact Middleton, there are plenty of other councillors they could have asked who have come out anti stadium so why him? Gant and Levy for example.

Yet again it seems Middleton and the Mail are hand in glove,

The Mail have a lot of questions to be answered because despite several letters I’ve written to them about impartiality they still twist stories to appease the North Oxford natives.

Yet if we get to Wembley there they will be with their extra supplement as a keepsake, they are f*****g shite

IF we do get the Stadium approval they should be banned from entering.

As it is if there are any of you out there who are still buying this rag of a paper please STOP

Edit
Thanks @Headley for copying that out for everyone,shows Middleton gets more to say as usual.
Really glad OUFC declined to comment and they should continue to do so

Last edited:
Can’t actually read this because it’s behind the paywall but @Billyox from your comments I assume Middleton has been approached by the Oxford Mail.

Unless Charlie has mentioned him to the Mail why would they contact Middleton, there are plenty of other councillors they could have asked, so why him?

Yet again it seems Middleton and the Mail are hand in glove,

The Mail have a lot of questions to be answered because despite several letters I’ve written to them about impartiality they still twist stories to appease the North Oxford natives.

Yet if we get to Wembley there they will be with their extra supplement as a keepsake, they are f*****g shite

IF we do get the Stadium approval they should be banned from entering.

As it is if there are any of you out there who are still buying this rag of a paper please STOP
An Oxford United fan has been left “stunned” after receiving "an abusive letter" through the post following his support of the club’s new stadium proposals.

U's supporter Charlie Smith backed the stadium plans through Cherwell District Council’s planning portal. The consultation process means publication of person addresses is a legal requirement. This left the football fan open to receive an anonymous letter which has been described as “unacceptable” and "completely uncalled for”.

The alleged letter reads: “Your comments on the planning application show that you are a total d******d with no concept of how to keep your large nose out of someone else’s local community affairs.

“Local councillors have a duty to their local social communities, not to commercial enterprises. “Your c****y football team is owned by a bunch of corrupt foreigners whose governments are busy burning down their own countries. “They don’t give a flying flip about the UK, still less about your personal wellbeing. They care about lining their pockets with your tax cash. “Stop being a dimwit and pipe down.”

The letter was signed by “someone who actually lives near the Triangle”. It finished by saying “PS: Forgive the large typeface which I am using because I expect your reading age is somewhere around that of a four-year-old.” Mr Smith said he was left “stunned” when he opened the letter sent to his address. He added: “I couldn’t believe somebody would go so out of their way to send such a childish letter.”

Responding to the letter, the Oxford United Supporters Panel said in a statement: “So disappointed and upset to see that one of our supporters received this. “This sort of bullying and racist abuse is not tolerated at our football club, and should not be tolerated in wider society.”

Liam Walker, Conservative councillor for Hanborough and Minster Lovell, has since raised concerns with Cherwell District Council over the names and addresses of those who have commented on being made public and have asked for them to be removed.
The councillor said: “I think it’s completely unacceptable for those against the stadium plans to be targeting Oxford United supporters in this deeply personal way. “It really goes to show the lengths that some will go."

Damian Haywood, an independent councillor for Iffley Fields and St Mary's, hopes the law can be changed to restrict public access to personal details on planning applications many residents have complained to him He said: “That level of abuse is out of order in any situation. “I understand planning of this scale is emotive and so people's feelings may run high, but subjecting another person to the offensive diatribe contained within the letter is completely uncalled for. “I am of no doubt this person would not behave in such a manner if they were face to face. Shocking.”

Ian Middleton, the Green councillor for the Kidlington division, is also raising the issue of addresses being made public. Oxford Mail: He said: “I absolutely condemn it in the same way I have condemned similar and worse levels of personal abuse from some fans directed at individuals opposed to the stadium.

“This is a very contentious application and there are strong feelings on both sides, but that doesn’t excuse this kind of behaviour from or to anyone. “I agree, it’s worrying that with controversial applications like this, personal addresses are published on the planning portal. “I raised this with the planning department a few weeks ago after I was contacted by residents who were reluctant to lodge objections for fear of reprisals from fans.”

The Oxford Mail has approached Cherwell District Council and Thames Valley Police for a statement.

Oxford United is not commenting on the letter.

And Cambridge North is a 15-minute drive from me! (But wouldn’t it be fearfully expensive … ?🤔)
No idea when all this will even be completed either. The final phase (Bedford to Cambridge?) is still in planning stage and could be a decade away as far as I can tell at least!

Back
Top Bottom