New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Can someone explain the significance of this to an idiot like me, is this the final hurdle?!

What a week, I love this club!
No the final hurdles will be:
  • being granted planning permission (hopefully on 21 June)
  • the County Council confirming that we've met their own conditions
  • getting the thing built!
So still lots of important steps yet (with the first of those still being the biggest and most important hurdle to overcome) but this is really significant and helpful news.

What a week!

This is bigger than the HoT.

We can stay at the new stadium which is huge and a rent has been agreed. What will this be? Certainly cheaper than what we pay at the KasStad I would hope!
Doesn’t even need to be cheaper though does it, the stadium income streams will far outweigh that of the Kassam so it’ll pay for itself rather than being a financial burden on the club and its owners

No the final hurdles will be:
  • being granted planning permission (hopefully on 21 June)
  • the County Council confirming that we've met their own conditions
  • getting the thing built!
So still lots of important steps yet (with the first of those still being the biggest and most important hurdle to overcome) but this is really significant and helpful news.

What a week!
If we aren't given PP, can we contest the decision?

Good news, I guess there are no reasons the eco loons can object to anything?

If we aren't given PP, can we contest the decision?
We can but we really need it to pass first time.

Both because the clock is ticking, and because it will cost the District Council an eye-watering amount of money in legal fees if they reject for spurious reasons which are unrelated to the National Planning Policy Framework by which applications should be judged.

It's a fantastic planning application and opportunity for Oxfordshire. It would be a case of CDC shooting themselves in the foot not to grant this one. A once in a lifetime opportunity to do something special for the people of Kidlington, CDC and Oxfordshire as a whole.

All eyes will be on them next month and they have a fantastic opportunity to do something special for those they represent and society as a whole.

"United will be able to fully exercise the 250-year lease once planning permission has been obtained from the district council."

Has the length of the lease been extended? I thought it was only agreed for 100 years? I remember that being one of the anticlimaxes of the original agreement.

"United will be able to fully exercise the 250-year lease once planning permission has been obtained from the district council."

Has the length of the lease been extended? I thought it was only agreed for 100 years? I remember that being one of the anticlimaxes of the original agreement.

Wasn't that just one of the recommendations suggested at the meeting? It wasn't laid out as one of the 'black and white' conditions and was subject to further discussion at the time.

Back
Top Bottom