New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Last edited:
No the final hurdles will be:
  • being granted planning permission (hopefully on 21 June)
  • the County Council confirming that we've met their own conditions
  • getting the thing built!
So still lots of important steps yet (with the first of those still being the biggest and most important hurdle to overcome) but this is really significant and helpful news.

What a week!

The top 2 will be very closely aligned as well.

Just when you thought this week couldn't get any better!!

Massive congratulations and appreciation for those at the club who have worked hard to get this project to the stage where it is as!

The immediate future for the club is very exciting, and now the long-term future is looking a lot brighter too :D

Couldn't be prouder to be a yellow right now!!

I think Cllr Miller really did underestimate the support for the stadium.
I think special thanks should go to those people who are not fans of the club, but have expressed their support for the stadium because they are able to look beyond the objections of the NIMBY crowd, and can see the genuine benefits of the project to both the club and the local community.

Sorry if this has already been asked but just out of interest, for a lay person, why do CDC have the final say on planning permission if OCC have agreed to letting it proceed to planning? Would it be different in, say, the city of Oxford or somewhere else like Didcot? How do these things work and why are OCC involved in that case?

Sorry if this has already been asked but just out of interest, for a lay person, why do CDC have the final say on planning permission if OCC have agreed to letting it proceed to planning? Would it be different in, say, the city of Oxford or somewhere else like Didcot? How do these things work and why are OCC involved in that case?
OCC OWN the triangle

CDC are the local planning authority in that area of the county

Alright then, Victoria.

Post some of the examples of email abuse on your website to prove it (redacted emails obviously). I will happily condemn anything that is legitimate abuse. If it is so serious and has been regular, why have you not taken it to the Mail?

My thoughts - you have had nothing that meets the threshold of abuse at all. Prove me wrong since you have the evidence to it (Ian, since you're likely to be reading this, pass the message on).
there is none firstly she said the reason why they have a po box is because of all the hate mail and now its hate mail in emails. wouldnt you if the oxford mail had come calling gone yes we fosb have also received nasty emails/letters also

My understanding is that it's a case of overlapping jurisdictions and responsibilities. While OCC is allowed to approve the lease of land across their territory (so to speak) the Triangle falls within the Venn diagram slice that overlaps with where CDC approve planning permission.

I may be entirely wrong.

This is a ridiculous thing that happens all the time in Italy, where they have both the Polizia and the Carabinieri, whose responsibilities at crime scenes are often terribly blurred, and a lengthy period of time is wasted getting approval from one department on one side, and another on the other. Also seems to happen a lot in American shows where the CIA, FBI, NYPD, ABCD, and various other acronyms argue over jurisdiction.

OCC OWN the triangle

CDC are the local planning authority in that area of the county
I see, thanks. You’d have thought OCC would be able to pull rank! 🤣
The benefits of a multi-million pound investment in their (Cherwell’s) district should be impossible to ignore in fact downright negligent!

On this day of good news and converts to the cause Councillor Miller and dear old Steveopedia I wonder who will be next
Mr Middleton, Vicky,Suzy?

Probably not and certainly not the Bain of our lives The Oxford Mail

In Vickys letter re the letter sent to an OUFC fan she says the Mail didn’t name FoSB and was right to do so.
And when commenting on the redactions by CDC they can’t help but get two anti stadium messages out, one by KPC and the other Gant

I’m beginning to wonder if the editor has connections in North Oxford and is pulling the strings
Just wait for the latest piece on the signing of the lease.
Middleton, KPC or Mc Ivor will have a say

It stinks

Sorry to go on about this but in any other town/city the local media would be right behind it. Yes there would be balance but here even with positive news the balance is just not there.

CDC is the planning authority, OCC isn't.

Back
Top Bottom