New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

If the blue parts of the proposed design were yellow, it would be too much. Blue isn't going to look dirty so quickly and yellow would make the stadium much more 'in your face' which we might like but would potentially be less subtle for the planners!. I think you are right in that the yellow can be provided by the planting and flags etc on the outside and the inside can be much more 'yellow'.
I don't disagree with you regarding changing the large blue section to yellow, that would be too much, I was more pointing out that there was a distinct lack of yellow or OUFC insignia in the current designs all round and I think it needs some considering its our home. Then again, it might look like an Ikea with the yellow on a blue background. Perhaps we should get them to sponsor the stadium ;)

On a separate note, I hope we have the booking systems in place so that away fans can choose their seat. Rail seating in the top half of the away section allowing those who wish to sit in the bottom half. (Mind you it rarely works out like that).

Another thing I find annoying is losing a 1000 seats to segregation, hopefully this is kept to a minimum. Maybe use the vehicular access tunnel, police control box etc to create a barrier on one side. When you watch premier league games, both sets of fans are virtually side by side so hopefully that will be the case at the new stadium.

Last edited:
Assuming it's not an annotation mistake, according to the plans there is a second club shop on 'third' level.

Absolutely no scientific knowledge of these things, but I had thought that a lower roof meant for a better atmosphere. Is that completely wrong?

if there’s an air gap as mentioned by @ljs then will this harm the atmosphere?

I know they’ve talked about minimising the sound from outside, but I guess that isn’t necessarily the same as maximising the experience inside.
I mentioned this before re air gap between stand and and roof, I hope that it is filled in both from an acoustic and draught excluding perspective.

I was also interested to see there were over a 1100 corporate seats planned, there's no doubt we need to maximise revenue but this seems to be a high percentage of the overall home capacity, leaving 13300 seats for "general admission" home tickets? I guess they have calculated that the demand will be there especially if we reach the Championship.

Now being able to actually read the floor pans, it's disappointing to see how small the bar area (and restaurant) is compared to the gym and healthcare areas.
Reckon there’d be some queues at that concession stand too!

Now being able to actually read the floor pans, it's disappointing to see how small the bar area (and restaurant) is compared to the gym and healthcare areas.
The healthcare area looks massive, what exactly are we talking here, is it a spa or even a GPs surgery?

Requirements set out for OCC to achieve.

And of course the sub plot is ol’ Middleton who in full Partridge style goes ‘needless to say I had the last laugh’ by making it all about him again.
What a w****r

I would imagine that would include spaces for players and staff arriving, as well as people with accessibility problems
30% accessibility-imagine the rest are hotel conference centre .
Surely players etc will have to be bused in

Another thing I find annoying is losing a 1000 seats to segregation, hopefully this is kept to a minimum. Maybe use the vehicular access tunnel, police control box etc to create a barrier on one side.
I would use bears to police it, or perhaps a pack of wolves.

I don't disagree with you regarding changing the large blue section to yellow, that would be too much, I was more pointing out that there was a distinct lack of yellow or OUFC insignia in the current designs all round and I think it needs some considering its our home. Then again, it might look like an Ikea with the yellow on a blue background. Perhaps we should get them to sponsor the stadium ;)

On a separate note, I hope we have the booking systems in place so that away fans can choose their seat. Rail seating in the top half of the away section allowing those who wish to sit in the bottom half. (Mind you it rarely works out like that).

Another thing I find annoying is losing a 1000 seats to segregation, hopefully this is kept to a minimum. Maybe use the vehicular access tunnel, police control box etc to create a barrier on one side. When you watch premier league games, both sets of fans are virtually side by side so hopefully that will be the case at the new stadium.

Agree, there must be a better way of segregation than a net over seats these days.

Hopefully the sports bar can be made bigger - put that in your feedback via the stadium website.

Can OCC overrule a CDC planning permission refusal if it meets the requirements met?
Nope. A CDC refusal can be overturned by a government planning inspector though. See Great Wolfe resort decision near Bicester. It’s really not where the club want to end up though, it’s very bad PR. Better we best persuade CDC of the many reasons they should say yes.

Firstly - doesn't it look fantastic and wasn't it great to be able to show all those people that you got to complete the survey, what it was they were supporting?

Nope. A CDC refusal can be overturned by a government planning inspector though. See Great Wolfe resort decision near Bicester. It’s really not where the club want to end up though, it’s very bad PR. Better we best persuade CDC of the many reasons they should say yes.
Which is why, even though it may take time, in the end this stadium will get built but we all need to fill out feedback forms & any other things we can in support of the stadium. We can't leave things to chance

Back
Top Bottom