New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

K****m has never heeded one word of what OCC asked him to do regarding the Priory, so if as expected the stadium won’t be ready why don’t OCC say to him. You can have that land at Grenoble Road to build houses once OUFC have the stadium ready. If that is six months into the season so be it. But the condition that you get that land is only when OUFC have a new home, plus you cannot charge extra rent.
Yes, Kassam will surely pay a lot of attention to the nasty boys and girls at OCC. I'm sure he is yet again quivering at their prospective demands...

Yes, Kassam will surely pay a lot of attention to the nasty boys and girls at OCC. I'm sure he is yet again quivering at their prospective demands...

They have something he wants now though, he will at least listen when that is the case.

I wonder if it might be possible to move into the new stadium with only certain sections open for the first few months, if it's that close to completion?
You can, though it would be a bit of a PR disaster. It's hardly a grand opening, is it?

During the design and early construction of Wimbledon's new ground, they ran into financial trouble financing the ground. One of the options was to continue with scaling back the design and leaving much of it as a shell (think Northampton Town).

More realistically an extended lease at a premium would be most likely, or an amended fixture schedule to favour away fixtures to kick off the season (similar to Luton this season running out of time to get the ground up to PL standard).

Know what you are saying,but this time they hold all the cards,it’s up to them to give the go ahead for planning permission.

Again the Oxford fail bury this story so far down the page that no one will actually see it other than us

I know that it goes against the views of many who see the Oxford Mail as "picking the wrong side" but this only shows the importance of us all clicking on the positive stories, share them across social media and post positive comments.

We need to raise the profile of the positive news articles that are coming through and ignore all the negative stuff.

It's counter intuitive to some, but it will help.

I agree but they are stuffing it right down the bottom of the page if I wasn't actually looking for it I wouldn't of seen it. if this was a fosb story it would be near the top.
Again it's just a copy and paste job from our website
I know that it goes against the views of many who see the Oxford Mail as "picking the wrong side" but this only shows the importance of us all clicking on the positive stories, share them across social media and post positive comments.

We need to raise the profile of the positive news articles that are coming through and ignore all the negative stuff.

It's counter intuitive to some, but it will help.

Timeframe for being ready for preseason 2026 is to break ground by September 2024. That is beginning to feel tight, but it is still manageable (just) and will hugely benefit from the planning application being 100% accurate at the time of submission.

The recent comms appear to show a ratcheting up of positive news articles building up to planning submission so hopefully we will see something more tangible very soon.

Timeframe for being ready for preseason 2026 is to break ground by September 2024. That is beginning to feel tight, but it is still manageable (just) and will hugely benefit from the planning application being 100% accurate at the time of submission.

The recent comms appear to show a ratcheting up of positive news articles building up to planning submission so hopefully we will see something more tangible very soon.
How long does it take from submitting the application to the decision is made

Banbury are looking at building a new ground near Oxford road in Bodicote as they don't own the current one. The current one also floods everytime we have heavy rain too.

Oxford city's ground can only be a maximum capacity of 5,000 on that site.

Didcot, Abingdon united no room to expand.

Not sure about Thame

Best option would be to remain at the Kassam temporarily even if we have to pay the slum landlord over the odds.

Ground sharing with Wycombe , MK Dons I would go from attending every home game to probably a max of 8 a season.

Banbury are looking at building a new ground near Oxford road in Bodicote as they don't own the current one. The current one also floods everytime we have heavy rain too.

Oxford city's ground can only be a maximum capacity of 5,000 on that site.

Didcot, Abingdon united no room to expand.

Not sure about Thame

Best option would be to remain at the Kassam temporarily even if we have to pay the slum landlord over the odds.

Ground sharing with Wycombe , MK Dons I would go from attending every home game to probably a max of 8 a season.

There is Abingdon Town's old ground but waders will be needed for some games. The pitch would be like going back to 1980s pitches.

How long does it take from submitting the application to the decision is made

The planning decision can take up to 16 weeks if it includes an Environmental Impact Assessment, which this will. However, we need to factor in time for an appeal, and possible referral to the secretary of state due to it being on Green Belt. 6 months is probably the minimum time we should work too.

However, once approved, construction times could be reduced if there is greater pressure to work to shortened timeframes. It is possible to claw back some weeks during this process to keep things on track, although I accept that there are also numerous factors that could cause further delay.

Not sure about Thame
Small ground, on the outside of the ringroad just off the main Aylesbury roundabout. There is a lot of land around it, not sure how much is owned by the football club however. I'd say completely unsuitable for league football, and for a fan experience a long way from any pubs or restaurants. Parking would be horrendous.

1707497273455.png

The planning decision can take up to 16 weeks if it includes an Environmental Impact Assessment, which this will. However, we need to factor in time for an appeal, and possible referral to the secretary of state due to it being on Green Belt. 6 months is probably the minimum time we should work too.

However, once approved, construction times could be reduced if there is greater pressure to work to shortened timeframes. It is possible to claw back some weeks during this process to keep things on track, although I accept that there are also numerous factors that could cause further delay.

I know the club have started putting feelers out for the build our company have had contact

There is Abingdon Town's old ground but waders will be needed for some games. The pitch would be like going back to 1980s pitches.

Abingdon towns ground is used by Abingdon Abbots FC now. Even though loads of pubs near by there isn't much parking. Pitch even when it doesn't flood is like a swamp.

Small ground, on the outside of the ringroad just off the main Aylesbury roundabout. There is a lot of land around it, not sure how much is owned by the football club however. I'd say completely unsuitable for league football, and for a fan experience a long way from any pubs or restaurants. Parking would be horrendous.

View attachment 17777

Are you talking about Thame or the Kassam?

I wonder if it might be possible to move into the new stadium with only certain sections open for the first few months, if it's that close to completion?

Given the ever shortening timescales I'd very very surprised if its fully completed by August 2026.

It may be the case somethings aren't fully finished like landscaping, wall and floor coverings etc and I think we need to manage our expectations. I'm sure some will be offended by that.

Given the ever shortening timescales I'd very very surprised if its fully completed by August 2026.

It may be the case somethings aren't fully finished like landscaping, wall and floor coverings etc and I think we need to manage our expectations. I'm sure some will be offended by that.

We have had 22 and a half years practise at that, think me might be able to manage it.

Back
Top Bottom