New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

The sustainability business model can be applied anywhere in any way. This time in our plans to make a stadium in England. Oxford United FC
@oufcofficial
has made a significant commitment to help tackle the climate crisis,

Further tweets:

With that, our club has confirmed its dedication to playing its part to ensure the sports sector achieves a low-carbon future.

He continues:

Our club is committed to decarbonisation by halving its carbon emissions by 2030, as well as achieving net-zero by 2040. It is also the only Sky Bet League One club to have signed the agreement.

Maybe I'm being naive but, I actually believe he means what he says and that he does want a stadium and a progressive football club. It would make for a very good vehicle upon which to sell the green credentials of the Bakrie organisation and afford him a foothold in the UK. He is already politically active and can often be seen at events around the world.
I’ve never doubted Bakrie wants the club to succeed and also for the stadium to be built for the club.

It’s just a shame that he is being let down so so badly by the TAG team (Tim, Adam & Grant).

I’ve never doubted Bakrie wants the club to succeed and also for the stadium to be built for the club.

It’s just a shame that he is being let down so so badly by the TAG team (Tim, Adam & Grant).
Maybe that's why he went to F&B's for a pre-match beer and not the directors box. All that sycophantic fawning.

Makes sense, they can move all the facilities and events to the communal areas in the new stadium....

Anyone heard a rumour that members of KPC have taken money to sell and develop Exeter Hall into a supermarket behind the backs of residents ?
No , but don’t let that stop fanning the flames and making outrageous suggestions and pictures of a mega superstore on that site. Which is exactly what they did to us. Plus we can throw in as many lies as we want

Anyone heard a rumour that members of KPC have taken money to sell and develop Exeter Hall into a supermarket behind the backs of residents ?
I think the long term plan is to knock Exeter Hall down and build a new village hall and medical centre to cope with all the new houses being built there is no plan for a supermarket that I am aware of.

Its not a rumour, supermarket on the Exeter close site is part of the current development considerations for the site. To be fair I don't think it's a secret.

Oh that's a shame 🤣🤣
Considerations is the key word, a supermarket on the site and using the funds that could provide, and changes to the current arrangements with current lease holders, could if managed properly redevelop the site to the villages advantage, with improved much needed medical facilities at possibly a neutral cost (see what I did there) I'm not sure it will ever happen though as I think the plan will involve felling some mature trees. Cue Green meltdown and a friend's of Exeter Close group to be formed.

I'd be surprised if residents know
You have made a pretty serious accusation of members of KPC taking money, is that how you meant to phrase it? Or did you mean the council has taken money to fund the development?

Spent the morning in Oxford with my boy who wanted to go by train from Bicester. Left Oxford at exactly 13.45 and arrived at Oxford Parkway at 13.50:10! 310* seconds!! And this was on a train that was going on to Bicester Village then onto London Marylebone - and was still at around 10% capacity.

I was talking to a train guard while we waited about the stadium. He said that Chiltern would struggle to put additional departures on due to the line being part of the link to and from Marylebone, but was confident that they could easily get a 200/300 fans to the stadium on every one of the existing trains before games (12.45, 13.12, 13.45, 14.12 and, at a push, 14.45). But he also said that they would likely add more carriages to these trains as barely a third of rail stock is used at weekends so there is plenty of spare capacity.

When you add in similar capacity and times with fans coming the North via Bicester, plus all of the park and ride capacity and you can see how thousands of fans will easily be able to access through new stadium through public transport, and the convenience this will provide.

* edited due to rubbish maths!!!

Last edited:
Spent the morning in Oxford with my boy who wanted to go by train from Bicester. Left Oxford at exactly 13.45 and arrived at Oxford Parkway at 13.50:10! 610 seconds!! And this was on a train that was going on to Bicester Village then onto London Marylebone - and was still at around 10% capacity.
If it took you 5 minutes and 10 seconds, that is not 610 seconds, it is 310 seconds...

Back
Top Bottom