New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Yeah! He doesn't even think Moore is a donkey, what does he know?
Hahaha well when I wrote that post .I was expecting a bit of a comeback..
No 1 on the list was Mr hero.
Then hey presto , as if magic who was first to answer. Say no more..😉🤣

Not sure whether it’s been mentioned on here before but a good friend of mine helps run Thame Runners. Every year they have to close a road in Thame for one hour on their course for the safety of runners.

The County Council charge them £3500 for this, that is £1000 up from last year.

Now with huge great gaps in the Council’s budget, would it not make sense to charge OUFC £12,000 on match days for the 3 hour road closure,that could be worth £350,0000 a year to them.

Just a thought, I know the club aren’t asking for road closures as such and it is down to the Police and Council, nevertheless that is a huge sum of money they could be asking for.

I'm not trying to be funny, or put damper on things. Nearly all of the support are from the shires & elslewhere. Not many from the heartlands of Oxford.
It's just an observation, that's all....

I am on there and I am from Woodfarm originally so that’s one from the heartlands. I even have a St George’s flag in my kitchen with Woodfarm, Oxford, England on it which I refuse to let the missus take down (if you have a superstitious missus make up some shite about dying if the flag comes down if you want to do similar, it’s worked for me)

We have thousands of fans and most won’t put their name to anything, that’s just how people are.

I mean we have someone on a Facebook group accusing the owners of profiteering by selling the naming rights to the triangle (hopefully dairylea want them, lovely bit of brand synergy) which just shows how clueless some of our fans (and other clubs) are about football and it’s finances.

How much weight do these comments actually have on a planning application it quite obvious we will get more in support due to our fan base
There is no hard and fast rule - the council's planning officer is responsible for deciding how much "weight" representations have on a case by case basis. An application is determined by it's adherence to required policy and process and it is the interpretation of some of these requirements which is under consideration.

They are absolutely not decided on the number of objections or letters of support received but a large number of representations either for or against, might guide the planning officer in assigning "weight" to a part of the plan where there is no legal requirement to allow or disallow the item. For example, traffic generation is a material consideration and objections on that basis would be recorded but if sizeable numbers of comments referred to the increased use of public transport and the improved cycle ways being proposed, the officer may chose to view that aspect positively (give it more "weight") as the additional traffic would be mitigated by the decrease in the volume of people needing to travel by road, so he may conclude that the benefit of a lower volume of cars and less pollution will outweigh any impact on the road system that might occur.

Last edited:
I’m a little late to the news that the new stadium will be owned by a stadium company that won’t be majority owned by the club. Is that right?

If so, we’re back to square one, in my view. We’ve been here before, and so have lots of other clubs. It never seems to end well.

Yes I know that, but you would like to think people from Oxford,would be queuing up to sign the petition to get out of the K ****"m.
And this a problem we have, there seems to be growing band of so called Oxford fans who are against leaving the Kassam

And this a problem we have, there seems to be growing band of so called Oxford fans who are against leaving the Kassam
Are there?
I have seen maybe 2. I find it hard to believe that any real oufc supporer wouod really want us to stay at the Kassam ( especially as it simply won't happen)

I can't think any reason why. Maybe they live nearby?

Although I have a friend in Greater Leys who is 100 percent for the stadium at The Triangle.

Yes I know that, but you would like to think people from Oxford,would be queuing up to sign the petition to get out of the K ****"m.
I live in Oxford and I’ll be putting in my two pennies worth on Sunday

Are there?
I have seen maybe 2. I find it hard to believe that any real oufc supporer wouod really want us to stay at the Kassam ( especially as it simply won't happen)
On what grounds would fans want to stay even if it were possible. It doesn’t work on any level

On what grounds would fans want to stay even if it were possible. It doesn’t work on any level
I think some believe that the size of the site and the new stadium is just too limiting in the long-term and that securing the site upon which the Kassam stands would give much greater scope for further revenue streams and a larger stadium.

There’s an argument for it, but of course it requires a willing seller and that’s where it runs into problems.

I submitted mine earlier this morning and received the email confirmation. I have just checked the comments again and noticed that nothing has been added today. Does this mean we have to wait for someone at the Council to publish them on Monday morning? If this is the case, I wonder if they filtering out any offensive posts? There was one supportive comment I read which accused FoSB of being a bunch of nimbys. This is really not the way to make the argument in favour of the stadium on a planning website but it did make me laugh out loud.

Are there?
A lot more than you think unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom