New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Outraged of Yarnton writes......"Not enough facilities already too congested roads and then to say they will close a main road on match days it's shocking they have the power to do this - making any local journeys impossible with delays, extra congestion, extra mileage. It's disgraceful it's being consideredas an option obviously it would be cheaper than building a bridge. Public transport is not reliable enough to prevent cars parking near and around the stadium. You cannot even getto kidlington from yarnton on public transport!!! No safe cycle route it's a disgrace".

Is this all they've got left, (apart from we can stay at the Kassam) of course?

Outraged of Yarnton writes......"Not enough facilities already too congested roads and then to say they will close a main road on match days it's shocking they have the power to do this - making any local journeys impossible with delays, extra congestion, extra mileage. It's disgraceful it's being consideredas an option obviously it would be cheaper than building a bridge. Public transport is not reliable enough to prevent cars parking near and around the stadium. You cannot even getto kidlington from yarnton on public transport!!! No safe cycle route it's a disgrace".

Don't forget poor Sainsbury's being overwhelmed by hooligans trying to buy sandwiches

No public transport in yarnton maybe they need to go knock on the local green councillor door

According to Google Sainsbury's Kidlington at 3pm on a Saturday it starts being less busy so a good time go when the football is on Screenshot_2024-03-15-13-32-15-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The club should be getting this information out on every available format of media in CDC area, and beyond...

any thoughts @Up The Manor ?

as there are 10 grants up for grabs wonder if FoSB will chance their luck ?
This is a very classy initiative and exactly what a community football club like OUFC should be doing. Top stuff.

According to Google Sainsbury's Kidlington at 3pm on a Saturday it starts being less busy so a good time go when the football is on View attachment 18358
I've posted this here before but it feels like I need to again. I grew up in North Oxford and so get to speak to quite a few of my parents' friends who are in the main quite 'entitled'. I've spoken to a number of them calmly about the stadium because I genuinely want to understand what the real concerns are, (they are nearly all anti-stadium) and one of them said that she couldn't support the stadium in case she wants to go to Sainsburys on a Saturday Afternoon. I asked her how often she has done that in the past and she without missing a beat replied 'Well never, but what if I wanted to on occasion in the future'. There you have it, that's what we're dealing with. Luckily though as others have pointed out, such 'objections' will not stand muster in the planning process.

I've posted this here before but it feels like I need to again. I grew up in North Oxford and so get to speak to quite a few of my parents' friends who are in the main quite 'entitled'. I've spoken to a number of them calmly about the stadium because I genuinely want to understand what the real concerns are, (they are nearly all anti-stadium) and one of them said that she couldn't support the stadium in case she wants to go to Sainsburys on a Saturday Afternoon. I asked her how often she has done that in the past and she without missing a beat replied 'Well never, but what if I wanted to on occasion in the future'. There you have it, that's what we're dealing with. Luckily though as others have pointed out, such 'objections' will not stand muster in the planning process.
How many Saturday 3pm kick-offs have we actually had this season? I should think in an average year you'll be looking at maybe 15 tops? It's not every week!

The self entitlement is off the scale.

and if we take the 2023/23 season as the fixture list was made it was 15 games on a saturday

It's a familiar trope I've found with many antis. It's like the level of outrage is unaligned to the level of inconvenience.

hmmm, could still go, if wanted to, between 3.15 and 4.45pm when a home game was taking place on a Saturday?

"Unsavoury football fans". Wow.
That may even make it more favourable to us showing how stupid some people are with the antisocial unsavoury football fans with is all being tarnished with historic events of 40 years ago plus whether they were caused by fans in other parts of the country or not.
Now if the mindset of CDC is “ ah there it is football fans and antisocial and unsavouriness then it’s a no from me “ would go to show how stupid councillors would be, but if they think this is a sad from of nimbyism then that may well go in our favour

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom