New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Ah, the old pissing in gardens argument is back.

View attachment 18540

The green space between Oxford and Kidlington (what practical reason is that needed, bit whimsical and idealistic isn't it?) will be Stratfield Brake, the University land immediately south of the triangle and the beautiful newly created public green space at the tip of the triangle.
All storytelling by fosb see why we have to keep calling them out

Mean while
FOSB's experienced, independent ecological consultant's twitter bio describes herself in her own words as an ' Ecologist, Palynologist (pollen expert) quite good at botany'. based on that I think I will side with Natural England's professional opinion on the plant life

And yet another one who believes everything fosb say lies lies and more lies View attachment 18539

Lives in Kidlington but hangs about in Greater leys when we have a match on watching fans arrive? We have barely played at home in the last month, its amazing how many of these people have witnessed our fans P**s in peoples gardens yet the local residents never mention it?

Lives in Kidlington but hangs about in Greater leys when we have a match on watching fans arrive? We have barely played at home in the last month, its amazing how many of these people have witnessed our fans P**s in peoples gardens yet the local residents never mention it?
Think we have only played 4 home games since start of February well I hope he enjoyed his walk around the leys

Met my sister earlier, shes absolutely fuming re a letter from an adrian sutton in todays om...earlier shed been to visit her 2nd hubbys older sister who lives in kidlington near to Sainsburys...her sister in law emphatically and triumphantly ttold my sister that oxford united didnt have to move ' it said so in the oxford mail'

It really is misinformation circulated as fact by FoSB and local councillors that causes people such as her to believe them.

My sister tried and failed to convince her of the real facts, simply she chose to believe a letter making spurious claims based on the badly researched nonsense published on om front page (and in oxford times), information fed to the local rags by FoSB

Last edited:
That bl**dy article again from the 18th January. When misinformation or distorted versions of the truth enter the public domain, this is the sort of thing that occurs.

I have asked OxVox to ask the club about that article and, as a follow up, to ask about the relationship with the OM specifically (not the back pages which remain supportive but the front pages that are running half-baked articles such as this)
Hmmm now Robert Folker who 's name is attributed to several anti stadium om front page news stories, is also it seems covering OUFC in the om sports pages too

If the Ultras hadnt been forced out, I can imagine one or two banners that might have appeared at the next home game!

Met my sister earlier, shes absolutely fuming re a letter from an adrian sutton in todays om...earlier shed been to visit her 2nd hubbys older sister who lives in kidlington near to Sainsburys...her sister in law emphatically and triumphantly ttold my sister that oxford united didnt have to move ' it said so in the oxford mail'

It really is misinformation circulated as fact by FoSB and local councillors that causes people such as her to believe them.

My sister tried and failed to convince her or the real facts, simply she chose to believe a letter making spurious claims based on the badly researched nonesense published on om front page ((and in oxford times) information fed to the local rags by FoSB
Yet again, the Oxford Fail is NOT on our side. They are happy to allows lies to be published just to sell papers

Another reason why these people should not be ignored.

I’m not a qualified dot counter, but there must be over 300 comments now on the planning application with at least 275 of them supportive.

There’s the odd reasoned objection, but the vast majority come across as alcohol induced negative, nimby, rants. Compare to the supportive comments which are positive, passionate and progressive.

If you’re reading this and you haven’t yet sent In your supportive comment, please make the effort, the future of our great football club is at stake here.

My sister tried and failed to convince her or the real facts, simply she chose to believe a letter making spurious claims based on the badly researched nonesense published on om front page ((and in oxford times) information fed to the local rags by FoSB

Isn't the Kassam Stadium earmarked for housing under the local plan now? Just show that and OUFC's explanation. That will be official documentation of what Kassam actually did rather than a letter of lies.

Mean while
Judith Webb lives in Kidlington and is active in other ‘Friends of…’ groups. I suggest that Judith is about as independent as Suzanne McIvor is on the subject of The Triangle.

Last edited:
I’m not a qualified dot counter, but there must be over 300 comments now on the planning application with at least 275 of them supportive.

There’s the odd reasoned objection, but the vast majority come across as alcohol induced negative, nimby, rants. Compare to the supportive comments which are positive, passionate and progressive.

If you’re reading this and you haven’t yet sent In your supportive comment, please make the effort, the future of our great football club is at stake here.

A strong position to be but we need to keep getting the supportive comments in.

A positive way of counteracting the misinformation is to get factual letters into the Oxford Mail

Surely the planning committee couldn't care less what Kassam has said about us being able to negotiate a new lease. Their job is to decide whether the stadium proposal meets the planning criteria for their area. It's of absolutely no relevance what Kassam has or has not said in the past.

Looking at the objections only seems to highlight that they don't really have much to work with.

Back
Top Bottom