New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I’ve been out today and missed all the ‘fun’.

Depsite the attempts to pull the comments from the portal, Gant has shown his hand. A hated figure in OX4, this will sink his reputation to an all time low amongst followers of OUFC from the heartlands of the club’s city support.

A hypocritical, myopic, selfish piece of work. How dare you suggest such an opposition to a road closure when you have caused hell to the people of OX4 with your policies.

Get him gone.

How can you question the knowledge of traffic planning and roads from a choir master and composer? How can you not see how his skill set qualifies him to make decisions in areas well away from where he lives and represents that affect peoples lives daily while he won’t have people going five minutes out of the way to get to Sainsburys every now and then near him?

The man has written books on choirs and for some unknown reason they have wasted paper publishing them, what he doesn’t know about traffic planning would fill them and more.

Please email your councillors asap. There is a full council meeting on Tuesday. It would be good if they arrive having been deluged by emails of support.
Done. Our local Councillor is Tory so that should be interesting.

I have ,mine is Layla Moran another waste of space not born or from here.

Layla Moran is your MP. Look at the OCC website for who your Councillor is, mine is Lib Dem Neil Fawcett and he has always responded in the past.

Can't believe what i just heard on the bus,a couple got on at Oxford parkway/ park & ride.
The conversation was, this road at weekends with the new football stadium will be busy .
Everyone will have to use the other road which is longer.
Plus why do they want to knock down a stadium that was built in 80s , just like they did with the Westgate shopping centre.
This is not the first time I've heard this type of conversation on the bus.
Message don't seem to have got through to a chunk of people..
The message has got through to some.

About a year ago I overheard one of the guys in my business discussing the proposed stadium with a client. I chimed in when both with some authority said that they were against the stadium due to football violence (they wouldn't take their kids nor could they support the development as football wasn't seen as family friendly). I asked if either had ever been to a game of football, ever and both answered 'no'. People can be very stubborn and I sense the average non-football supporter is far removed from the reality.

Fast forward to present day, last week the same individual was full of praise and couldn't wait for the stadium! So the club have obviously done *something* right...

You really, really don't want to know what was served from draught!

Was Castlemaine 4x in the mid 90s when it was fifth avenue with Holstein Pils as a bottle option, neither of which exist anymore I think so I can imagine in the 70s it was just as interesting.

Email to my councillors, took the template but added my own personal touch...

Dear...

As a supporter of Oxford United and a resident of Thame, I am writing to express my full support for the proposed development of the Oxford United Stadium in Kidlington.

Without this development, Oxford United could face homelessness by 2026. As a vital part of our community, it is imperative that the necessary steps are taken to secure the future of our beloved football club.

On a personal note, this football club provides myself and thousands others, for a few hours a week, an escape from a stressful life, providing a safe environment in which I can let out my emotions with my fellow supporters. This club brings so much joy to the people of Oxfordshire and beyond, and the thought of it being homeless after the lease at the Kassam Stadium expires is deeply distressing.

It must also be considered that the club are currently exploring the option of a footbridge over the Oxford Road, it is still early in the process however, but happening nonetheless. This would help to relieve the very minor inconvenience of the temporary (30 minutes) closure of Oxford Road for very brief moments at off-peak times once a fortnight. Given the potential loss of a much valued community asset, surely a compromise can be made here. Is it not after all the County Council's stance to promote reduced car usage and improving air quality, as evidenced by the LTNs? This project would do just that, and the majority of supporters have committed to travelling to matches via sustainable means, myself included (Cycling to Haddenham & Thame Parkway then train to Oxford Parkway).

Therefore, I urge you, as a council, to sign the Heads of Terms and the lease option agreement. By doing so, you can facilitate the next stages of Oxford United securing a permanent home where it can thrive for generations to come.

Your support in this matter is crucial, and I encourage you to represent the interests of the wider Oxfordshire community by backing the Oxford United Stadium development.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

The amount of explanation Gant has to give at the start of his objection, describing the areas he’ll still be impartial in when making a decision makes me think he might even confuse himself about what hat he’s supposed to be wearing.

Back
Top Bottom