New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I can understand FoSB coming out with misinformed nonsense as they have always been clear with their motive.

But for elected officials to act in such poor taste, to toy around with the emotions of thousands and a 130 year old beloved local institution, is frankly disgusting.

I can understand FoSB coming out with misinformed nonsense as they have always been clear with their motive.

But for elected officials to act in such poor taste, to toy around with the emotions of thousands and a 130 year old beloved local institution, is frankly disgusting.
Well said.

Levy and Gant need to be removed from office.

Well said.

Levy and Gant need to be removed from office.
And I’ve emailed Leffman to ask for such actions to be taken, if that was an OUFC fan in charge of signing heads of terms and it was signed through straight away. Can you imagine the s**t that would cause with the anti’s! Sorry but it works both ways! They need to leave their positions now and remove their bias. Levy may of scored an own goal as he cannot be surely allowed to have that opinion on record when he’s the one in Charge of signing off the lease

I emailed councillor Leffman this evening. I won’t bore you with me asking her to sign the heads of terms, but I did say this:

Alongside this, recent objections raised by Councillor Dan Levy (Cabinet Member for Finance) and Councillor Andrew Gant (Cabinet Member for Transport Management) have raised questions about the decision-making process. Both councillors have openly objected to the plans, citing concerns on behalf of their local council, while simultaneously stating they hold positions of neutrality when making stadium related decisions as part of their Cabinet responsibilities. This has raised doubts among the Oxford United supporter base about the fairness of the decision-making process, particularly regarding how councillors can switch between roles of objection and neutrality depending on the setting they are in.

These concerns have been echoed by other councillors, such as Councillor Liam Miller who today stated that “both should be removed from any further discussions on the matter” and Councillor Sean Woodcock, who today openly questioned “how Councillor Levy can be entrusted with this important decision without serious questions as to his impartiality”.

I am not here to make accusations over impartiality, but as Leader of the Council and a member of the County Council Cabinet, your role is pivotal in ensuring fair and transparent decision-making processes. I urge you to consider these concerns, which are shared across a growing number of Oxford United supporters, and ensure that the decisions regarding the Oxford United Stadium development are made fairly and in the best interests of the whole community.

I think he has used the same guidance as Councillor Gant.

Genuine question does rush hour continue until well after 7pm around there? As this is a point Gant hammered on and I didn't believe it then either.

Why would somebody coming from Eynsham not go to Oxford Parkway via the A40/Banbury Road/Oxford Road as going through Kidlington, especially on a Saturday, would be the long way round. Or is he advocating only his constituents using rat runs through Cassington considering the Council dislikes this (LTNs etc)?

Football supporters shouldn't be using the railways either, especially at Hanborough as his constituents usage is more important. So much for OCC's net zero plan. So much him being a football man.
I really don't understand Gant and Levy's position on this. Surely they can just set up LTN's on these "rat run" roads?

Back
Top Bottom