New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

That's a very bold statement you've just made.

I don't know how closely you've been following this whole process, but knowing the modus operandi of the opposition, fake wildlife reports, fake stadium images, scare tactics etc I personally think it's 100% from the opposition. Even Middleton hasn't argued again it's authenticity - and he's been deflecting everything onto OUFC fans since the HoT's were agreed.
In fairness everything around the document sent is merely conjecture & speculation. Just leave it and let others make their own judgements whilst we as fans fight the project on its merits. The mud slinging can be done by others.

In fairness everything around the document sent is merely conjecture & speculation. Just leave it and let others make their own judgements whilst we as fans fight the project on its merits. The mud slinging can be done by others.
Yep I agree, they can make up all the stories they like and deflect (Middleton this weekend)

Yep I agree, they can make up all the stories they like and deflect (Middleton this weekend)
It's been their plan since day one & they've gotten lost in their own delusion & self-granduer. Most fans have demonstrated the benefits far outweight their crazed ill informed opinions for years now to the point where they have allegedly intimidated & threatened on multiple occassions. We all know what their characteristics are.

Call me sceptical but you joined the forum today and have yet to make any postings about us getting into the play offs, in fact you’ve only posted on this thread.
If I have to read anything about Sam Long’s aerial duel success rate ranking amongst L1 defenders this week, I’m blaming you.

Appreciate and respect yours and @Concretebob ‘s engagement. I assume from your response that you’re Charlie Smith? If so I apologise and have no desire to call your integrity into question. It does just seem like a very strange and nakedly antagonistic for the anti-stadium lobby to do (sending personal threatening messages is very different from, say, casting aspersions on football fans generally on public chat rooms).

I’m very willing to be convinced otherwise, but I’ve grown up with the internet long enough to be wary of accepting many things posted online at face value.

Again, nothing personal. I hope, if you are Charlie Smith and this is genuine, that you are ok, as this is a very threatening and unpleasant thing to receive. I hope though that you can also appreciate my being reluctant to take things posted by a stranger on the internet as read.

I think all of us, @Bornyellow most of all, question why one particular person who posted positive comments was targeted. As said, a few of us have been active on Nextdoor making our case (often pointlessly!) under our real names and would surely better candidates to receive this kind of letter.

Whoever sent it may well have just picked a supporter of the stadium at random which is a very odd thing to do. We’ll probably never know.

I think all of us, @Bornyellow most of all, question why one particular person who posted positive comments was targeted. As said, a few of us have been active on Nextdoor making our case (often pointlessly!) under our real names and would surely better candidates to receive this kind of letter.

Whoever sent it may well have just picked a supporter of the stadium at random which is a very odd thing to do. We’ll probably never know.
I'm not under my real name on nextdoor apparently and still Middleton is going on and on

Call me sceptical but you joined the forum today and have yet to make any postings about us getting into the play offs, in fact you’ve only posted on this thread.

There was definitely a trainingcone posting on here before.

However, it is worth remembering that Mr Middleton posted a link to this forum yesterday along with accusations of threats and abuse towards others. It's natural to be a little sceptical in regard to newer posters, particularly around the stadium issues.

My view is that 99.9% of posts are generally respectful even when people strongly disagree with each other. It's worth reminding everyone that this forum is publicly accessible and we need to maintain the moral high ground we've held for so long.

The actions of the letter writer, Mr Middleton and others are the actions of desperate people who know that they are losing the battle.

There was definitely a trainingcone posting on here before.

However, it is worth remembering that Mr Middleton posted a link to this forum yesterday along with accusations of threats and abuse towards others. It's natural to be a little sceptical in regard to newer posters, particularly around the stadium issues.

My view is that 99.9% of posts are generally respectful even when people strongly disagree with each other. It's worth reminding everyone that this forum is publicly accessible and we need to maintain the moral high ground we've held for so long.

The actions of the letter writer, Mr Middleton and others are the actions of desperate people who know that they are losing the battle.
Yes, I was sent a copy of it by a friend who'd seen it on Twitter.

It was a post I made last August, where I questioned whether the leaders of the anti stadium "movement" (I'm not really sure what to call them?) were aware of how some supporters would feel about them if they ended up being responsible for the death of the club. I was VERY clear that it was not a threat and said exactly that. However he screenshot it and claimed he'd been to the police. Nine months later I'm still at large and a free man, but glad to know I'm living rent free in his head.

It was a post I made last August, where I questioned whether the leaders of the anti stadium "movement" (I'm not really sure what to call them?) were aware of how some supporters would feel about them if they ended up being responsible for the death of the club. I was VERY clear that it was not a threat and said exactly that. However he screenshot it and claimed he'd been to the police. Nine months later I'm still at large and a free man, but glad to know I'm living rent free in his head.
There are many people living in his head rent free!

He's still battling with John Lewis over that soundbar I see

Had a look on Nextdoor and noticed that Mr Middleton stating that Chiltern Railway were questioning who would pay for extra carriages and develop the station at Parkway. Others pointed out that Chiltern Railway have said nothing of the sort. They are a limited company under Arriva Trains and would benefit financially from increased use on the line and will add carriages as demand dictates to maximise profits. They do exactly the same at peak times for Bicester Village on the same line. The idea that Oxford United will somehow have to pay for this service is ridiculous.

And of course, we don't need to second guess Chiltern Railways view as they replied to the planning portal with absolutely clear support for the stadium.

He complains about people being rude about him but what does he expect when he blatantly lies so frequently? He is a joke of a councillor and a joke of a man. The sooner this is signed and sealed and we can ignore this man and his chums the better

Keep in there face Colin!!

Back
Top Bottom