New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

They have the rolling stock required on the Chiltern Line already, they use it for Wembley event days. Hard to see why more is needed for a smaller stadium

Not playing at home the same day as a Wembley event day is easily arranged.
Indeed they do. They've got a depot at Wembley with sets ready to go. All they need is Direct Rail Services up in Crewe to send a class 68 locomotive down to cover the extra capacity. (Usually Chiltern run three different sets over a week, but 7 class 68s are able to run on Chiltern sets)

I am a railway enthusiast and follow these things closely. But I can imagine Ian Middleton knows best as he's got a crap goatee.

They have the rolling stock required on the Chiltern Line already, they use it for Wembley event days. Hard to see why more is needed for a smaller stadium

Not playing at home the same day as a Wembley event day is easily arranged.
That’s not what they say in there comments on the planning portal.
They are also seeking section 106 monies .
They do broadly support the coming of the new stadium.

They're chancing their arm regarding funding as section 106 provides an opportunity for developers to fund community or social infrastructure. And whilst I'm sure the club will work with Chiltern Railways, by their own admission, they could see an additional 5000 passengers 26-30 times a season. Just getting from Bicester or Oxford to Parkway could see revenue of approx. £750k a year. I can 100% guarantee that rolling stock will be found to help maximise income.

Their other suggestions were for assistance in event planning, which would likely include a Teams meeting with the the Safety Advisory Group and Safety Manager (easy fix), matchday security, which will come from stewarding or the traffic management team (another easy fix), and thr footpath widened/enhanced, which shouldn't be a problem.

Chiltern are on to a winner which is why they support the stadium.

Yes, I was sent a copy of it by a friend who'd seen it on Twitter.

It was a post I made last August, where I questioned whether the leaders of the anti stadium "movement" (I'm not really sure what to call them?) were aware of how some supporters would feel about them if they ended up being responsible for the death of the club. I was VERY clear that it was not a threat and said exactly that. However he screenshot it and claimed he'd been to the police. Nine months later I'm still at large and a free man, but glad to know I'm living rent free in his head.

I feel this is all Mr Middletons own fault.

There are three main reasons he gets as much stick as he does (and as far as I can see none of it has been threatening)

Firstly he has said throughout that he is “cautiously neutral” which we all know is an outright lie.
If he had said he was against the stadium from the start he would have had far more respect.

Secondly we all know he has KPC in his pocket and although he will never admit it his close chums were behind the £7000 of tax payers money in Kidlington which was quite frankly outrageous for a meaningless poll without all of the facts.

Talking of facts the third reason he gets flak is that he never puts all the facts out there. Staying at the Kassam being the biggest one he peddled. If OCC thought there was any chance of staying there would they have gone through this process. If as Mr Middleton claims dear Uncle Firoz had a personality change and was welcoming us with open arms ,why not get facts straight from him and put them out there.

There are other reasons we don’t like Ian ,cosying up to FoSB and pretending you don’t know them and being in the ear of the Oxford Mail and their anti stadium campaign.amongst them.

But as I say had he been honest from the start about his feelings on the stadium we would have respected that

He's right, the objections from OX5 were twice that of support in the end, but many were duplicated and groups and certain individuals submitted multiple documents
I'm afraid once again despite a great deal of effort, Kidlington supporters of the stadium have sat on their hands. I have not looked at the portal in the detail you have @Headley, but I have been scanning the names on a daily basis and there are plenty missing in action. It doesn't bode well for Thursdays election.

. Staying at the Kassam being the biggest one he peddled. If OCC thought there was any chance of staying there would they have gone through this process. If as Mr Middleton claims dear Uncle Firoz had a personality change and was welcoming us with open arms ,why not get facts straight from him and put them out there.
This argument is the one that gets my goat the most. There are documents online from Firoka that explicitly state that the stadium is to be developed into housing after the club leave in 2026.

The antis seem to also make out like FK is great philanthropist who really does want the club to stay, when we - OUFC and the supporters have suffered from his BS for over two decades now.

From when he owned the club, the lack of investment in the team, lack of willing to back managers, bad managerial appointments (Rix - FFS where do you start there) and wearing an Arsenal scarf during our cup tie at Highbury.

After he sold the club, the ridiculous amount of rent he charges, the restrictions on the club during matchdays to the stadium facilities, lack of maintenance (the stadium was an absolute mess after the lockdowns) poor state of the pitch when London Welsh played there too, oh and entering negotiations to sell the stadium to said egg chasers, the disgraceful way he kicked Tim (?) out the Priory and the way it's just been left to rot and finally using force majuer (thats what it's called right?) to end the agreement with OUFC to play at his rotten stadium without any consultation with the club.

Yet the antis seem to think OUFC are the unreasonable ones because the club has to move. We've tried to buy the stadium off FK. It isn't for sale. He's ended the license to play beyond 2026. We will be homeless if the stadium doesn't go ahead. That to quote Suzanne McIvor is a FACT.

Last edited:
Just how did Oxford park way cope with 12k oxford supporters when they went Wembley

Very well it seems
I remember it well, sunny day, long orderly queue of fans young old, all genders, chatting and laughing. It was well organised, I worry now though because I think some may have parked their cars in the car park, and according to some thats not allowed now.

I worry now though because I think some may have parked their cars in the car park, and according to some thats not allowed now.
That depends on what activity said people are doing on the day they are parking.

No idea how you enforce that though. Leave a note on the windscreen saying "Hello, I'm going shopping" ?

They're chancing their arm regarding funding as section 106 provides an opportunity for developers to fund community or social infrastructure. And whilst I'm sure the club will work with Chiltern Railways, by their own admission, they could see an additional 5000 passengers 26-30 times a season. Just getting from Bicester or Oxford to Parkway could see revenue of approx. £750k a year. I can 100% guarantee that rolling stock will be found to help maximise income.

Their other suggestions were for assistance in event planning, which would likely include a Teams meeting with the the Safety Advisory Group and Safety Manager (easy fix), matchday security, which will come from stewarding or the traffic management team (another easy fix), and thr footpath widened/enhanced, which shouldn't be a problem.

Chiltern are on to a winner which is why they support the stadium.
Which was always going to be the case, the amount of money that it will bring into the economy & then the green credentials make this development a no brainer.

That depends on what activity said people are doing on the day they are parking.

No idea how you enforce that though. Leave a note on the windscreen saying "Hello, I'm going shopping" ?
I was being ironic I thought

I'm afraid once again despite a great deal of effort, Kidlington supporters of the stadium have sat on their hands. I have not looked at the portal in the detail you have @Headley, but I have been scanning the names on a daily basis and there are plenty missing in action. It doesn't bode well for Thursdays election.
@DannyW
You are absolutely right, there are many not just on this forum but on others as well that have done their utmost to get the message across. You and @Billyox have been especially vocal with your point

Your club needs you

If everyone did their bit we would have more than double the amount we have now.How long does it take FFS a couple of minutes of your time.

And yet the clamour for tickets for next Saturday has begun.

We can be our own worst enemies at times

We mustn’t forget though that if was a housing development for instance there would be the same number of objections but absolutely none for it to go ahead.

This argument is the one that gets my goat the most. There are documents online from Firoka that explicitly state that the stadium is to be developed into housing after the club leave in 2026.

The antis seem to also make out like FK is great philanthropist who really does want the club to stay, when we - OUFC and the supporters have suffered from his BS for over two decades now.

From when he owned the club, the lack of investment in the team, lack of willing to back managers, bad managerial appointments (Rix - FFS where do you start there) and wearing an Arsenal scarf during our cup tie at Highbury.

After he sold the club, the ridiculous amount of rent he charges, the restrictions on the club during matchdays to the stadium facilities, lack of maintenance (the stadium was an absolute mess after the lockdowns) poor state of the pitch when London Welsh played there too, oh and entering negotiations to sell the stadium to said egg chasers, the disgraceful way he kicked Tim (?) out the Priory and the way it's just been left to rot and finally using force majuer (thats what it's called right?) to end the agreement with OUFC to play at his rotten stadium without any consultation with the club.

Yet the antis seem to think OUFC are the unreasonable ones because the club has to move. We've tried to buy the stadium off FK. It isn't for sale. He's ended the license to play beyond 2026. We will be homeless if the stadium doesn't go ahead. That to quote Suzanne McIvor is a FACT.

The main figures at OCC, Levy, Gant, and Miller, would all be aware if we had not acted in good faith regarding our lease agreement. I'm quite sure that if this were the case, they would have spoken up. Then there are the other 60 or so councillors who sit on OCC; surely one would have said something if OUFC had acted improperly. Yet, not a word from them. Only Councillor Mr. Middleton, who seems to know everything, has come forward with an argument that coincidentally mirrors that of FoSB, despite his claims of having no association with FoSB. A likely story, indeed.

@DannyW
You are absolutely right, there are many not just on this forum but on others as well that have done their utmost to get the message across. You and @Billyox have been especially vocal with your point

Your club needs you

If everyone did their bit we would have more than double the amount we have now.How long does it take FFS a couple of minutes of your time.

We mustn’t forget though that if was a housing development for instance there would be the same number of objections but absolutely none for it to go ahead.
I agree, it's almost like some fans don't quite understand the magnitude of the situation we are in.

I remember on Facebook when DB was struggling a bit someone saying "how is a new stadium going to help our league position" it's poor short term thinking like that that will be the death of OUFC.

Last edited:
@DannyW

Your club needs you

i have to question the club on this what did they actually do to promote this unless your on here or twitter would you even of known there should of been leaflets being handed out at each home game. should of been in the matchday programme every week it should of been put on the website they have the whole database to send emails out to with the message

If you look at the planning applications for the housing opposite the golf course everybody and his brother looks to get their noses in the S106 through, Chiltern seem to be doing just what the likes of Oxford City have done on the other site

i have to question the club on this what did they actually do to promote this unless your on here or twitter would you even of known there should of been leaflets being handed out at each home game. should of been in the matchday programme every week it should of been put on the website they have the whole database to send emails out to with the message
Emails were sent, but as I pointed out previously the last three home games should have had QR codes posted around and put in people's faces to submit there and then. There will I expect be not many more than 2.5 k submissions on the portal (how many season tickets holders). Oxvox didn't do any targeted emails to OX5 residents, they should have, the club should have done targeted emails to OX5 residents as well. I said previously and someone questioned me on it, our fans are just incredibly complacent. Rant over, have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom