Pre-Match Music ...........

Alright by Supergrass when we win.

Coming out the tunnel, something to get the crowd pumped. Welcome to the Jungle has always been great for it. Thunderstruck by AC/DC has my vote. Or Hells Bells, the intro is mega.

How about a new AC/DC song every home game? 😅

Last edited:
Or wind it back to post York at Wembley?

Can vaguely remember bouncing around London to this.

I suspect to get everybody involved you'd need something of this era rather than the older stuff which many aren't likely to know. Some of the AC/DC may be known but will they be as well known as Sweet Caroline, I doubt it.

I do like Perkele's song for it but can understand why others aren't keen.

I agree that Sweet Caroline has to be replaced as mentioned above.

Anything but AC/DC. I'd rather Coldplay than that...

Here I go again Whitesnake to come out
Alright Now Free when we win
Edit All join hands Slade could be adapted I think pretty good stadium stuff

Last edited:
Personally, I've always hankered after Mars: The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst, timed perfectly to reach the crescendo as the players come out and a maximum volume.

That'd really get the blood pumping. Well, mine anyway.

They want to know............ there is only one answer.

It can only be Yellow and Blue by Perkele. Catchy tune and not to many words to learn either.

There you go @OUSP Secretary we have a winner ready for Saturday.

Decisive action, no fudging about. Go hard or go home. :)

Song sheet:

There are people who want to bring me down cause I want to fly the flag.
With my head held high I'm fighting back
for the colours of my land
My feelings are so true to the Yellow
and the Blue
It's the colours of my heart and it always beats for you

(2x)
My heart beats for you
The Yellow and the Blue

There are people full of ignorance
who want to bring me down
They're blind and full of prejudice
and I will fight 'em back
It seems to be a crime
being patriotic these days
But I will always fight for
the Yellow and the Blue

(2×)
My heart beats for you
The Yellow and the Blue

(XXX×)
My heart beats for you
The Yellow and the Blue

As a song, the Perkele one is nothing special, but if the club went out and commissioned someone to write something specifically for Oxford United, you ain't gonna get much better.

• React
Reactions: m
I think Alright by Supergrass would be decent pre-match, catchy feel good tune that most people will know.

I always think Ruby Tuesday would be a good song to belt out, for no other reason than I love it and it's very sing-a-long-able. Ditto "Take me home, country road".

I think Alright by Supergrass would be decent pre-match, catchy feel good tune that most people will know.
...and by a local band. I really do think we should be embracing our Oxford heritage, musically the city and county has been punching massively above it's weight for decades now. I'd even go as far as trying to get some of the smaller local bands on the matchday playlists. Have the playlists published in the programme, little bits on the local bands as well. There isn't enough pride at what our county achieves, let's celebrate it.

Back
Top Bottom