League One Reading FC

The "Sell Before We Dai" statement made me chuckle. "It makes no sense to punish the fans" "especially for an infringement that provides no sporting advantage".

Conveniently forgetting the years Dai Yongge overspent pushing for promotion back to the Premier League, what their fans were demanding, whilst they were calling for managers to be sacked for not making the playoffs... no sporting advantage though, obviously!

Everton fans are as bad, they can't accept they've gained a sporting advantage, ie. not being relegated to the Championship. Nevermind that their overspend has been from buying players whilst being unable to shift those they have, so having to pay all the wages as well. Don't buy the latter set of players like Wolves or Newcastle have done to not break the rules.

I hope Reading survive but Reading fans need to suck it up as without his funding they'd have been in L1 far sooner.

Last edited:
"Reading's expenditure resulted in the club breaching EFL Financial Fair Play rules; over five years, the club reported pre-tax losses of £146m, way beyond the EFL's limit of a £13m annual pre-tax loss. In 2021, the club spent 234% of its revenue on player wages."

World's smallest violin playing over here...

Fair way from High Wycombe but easy access from the M4 so good for the players, plus its less time spent in High Wycombe which will be a selling point to potential players.

Or...WWFC throw RFC a financial lifeline.

Disgusting move on their part.

You decide.
Are you joking , the takeover has collapsed now .
This is where the football family should come together .
I hate Reading but this is a disgusting move by another football club.

Cant see them existing much longer. Dai is intent of stripping everything from the club, like the communist he is. No doubt the protests are only fuelling his desire to do that.

There's obviously more to this than meets the eye - as things stand, Wycombe don't need a facility this big. They've got 30 or so pros and no academy. People aren't interested - 3,500 home fans at best and a middling playing budget still drawing on the year in the Championship.

The Yanks don't have the money, so it would seem that the Lomtadze, the Georgian who has invested in Wycombe but is seemingly not on the board, is driving it. But to what end?

Back
Top Bottom