International News Russian War With Ukraine

I hope this is true as it will be nice for the Russians to get some of their own medicine. The show of balls and skill by the Ukrainian Helicopter Pilots is impressive if it is true.

This from the above article is brilliant Comical Ali stuff:

"Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the strikes on the fuel depot can't "be perceived as creating conditions comfortable for the continuation of negotiations," and everything is being done to reorganize the fuel supply chain. Russia has hit several Ukrainian fuel depots throughout the country, claiming the purpose is to cut off supply to Ukraine's military."

I think the fact the Russians have invaded a sovereign country, are bombing Ukrainian cities and deliberately targeting civilians is a bigger problem for the continuation of negotiations than a fuel depot. And of course, the Russians have hit Ukrainian fuel depots as well.
Surely this has false flag written all over it

Surely this has false flag written all over it

You'd think so but you'd have thought arrested anti war protesters civilians would have been involved as collateral for maximum effect. The way it has been reported suggests that the media seem to think it could be by Ukraine. The Ukrainian Govt aren't exactly going out of their way to deny it either from what I've seen.

Some horrific pictures surfacing, civilians with hands tied executed in the street.

In this digital age, it should be easier to find the perpetrators and hold them to account.

Some horrific pictures surfacing, civilians with hands tied executed in the street.

In this digital age, it should be easier to find the perpetrators and hold them to account.

Sadly, clearly journalists are being targeted by Russian forces as well.

Sadly, clearly journalists are being targeted by Russian forces as well.
Just hope when this is all over some of these Russians that have committed these atrocities and outright cold blooded murder are held accountable. Sadly there are those in the Kremlin as well who are responsible for these atrocities are held accountable alas they will probably get away with it.

Just hope when this is all over some of these Russians that have committed these atrocities and outright cold blooded murder are held accountable. Sadly there are those in the Kremlin as well who are responsible for these atrocities are held accountable alas they will probably get away with it.

Unfortunately I doubt that will happen unless there is real regime change in Russia.

Of course it won’t but to tie and bind civilians then execute is inhumane even in war.

Absolutely, no dispute and I'm sure investigations will take place but very much doubt justice will happen, even for the one where that couple got shot and was videoed by a drone.

The problem with war crimes is that it usually needs to be instigated by the United Nations and agreed by the UN security council. Getting a vote in favour is so much the problem. The problem is that the 5 permanent members have the power to veto the resolution. One of those 5 nations is unfortunately Russia.

So if the members vote 14-1 in favour, but Russia veto the resolution - nothing happens. Makes you wonder how they get anything done.

The problem with war crimes is that it usually needs to be instigated by the United Nations and agreed by the UN security council. Getting a vote in favour is so much the problem. The problem is that the 5 permanent members have the power to veto the resolution. One of those 5 nations is unfortunately Russia.

So if the members vote 14-1 in favour, but Russia veto the resolution - nothing happens. Makes you wonder how they get anything done.

Thought it was the ICC and can be instigated by States as well as the UN?
Already seems to be on their list: https://www.icc-cpi.int/pages/situation.aspx

Thought it was the ICC and can be instigated by States as well as the UN?
Already seems to be on their list: https://www.icc-cpi.int/pages/situation.aspx

That's true, but I'm not sure they have any authority to do anything about it. They still have 'Situations under review dating back to 2004 such as the Democratic Republice of Congo!

My point is I'm sure there'll be many referrals, but when the dust settles and the war ends, sadly I don't think Putin and his thugs will be brought to justice. I hope I'm wrong on that though.

Back
Top Bottom