International News Russian War With Ukraine

That'll be some 'interesting' concoctions/choice of alcohol type with the alcohol poisoning I reckon.

Horrible way to go for the Russian soldiers with the poisoning but brave from the Ukrainian civilians if true.

Meanwhile EU countries buy Russian Gas. The narrative of the EU being morally superior to the UK was always cobblers.

I don't know where you got the idea that the EU was morally superior from.

Some EU countries have stopped buying Russian gas, Lithuania for example. Some weren't buying it anyway, Ireland for example. Some non-EU European countries have near 100% reliance on Russian gas, Norway for example.

It's not as simple as you'd like it to be.

Some EU countries have stopped buying Russian gas, Lithuania for example. Some weren't buying it anyway, Ireland for example. Some non-EU European countries have near 100% reliance on Russian gas, Norway for example.

The fact it's not simple is exactly my point. Attempts to make this about Brexit earlier in the thread were stupid. In this conflict there is shades of grey to almost everything, aside from Putin being a maniacal bastard.

The fact it's not simple is exactly my point. Attempts to make this about Brexit earlier in the thread were stupid. In this conflict there is shades of grey to almost everything, aside from Putin being a maniacal bastard.

The point was made that Brexit was desirous of, and useful to, Putin.

I don't recall anyone claiming cause and effect, or indeed any relevance of that at all, to the invasion of Ukraine.

Christ, give it a rest! As M and numerous people have pointed out - the invasion was not about Brexit but there is little doubt that the Russians interfered in the referendum and in the American election in an attempt to create division as part of a long term strategy of misinformation. It’s actually you constantly raising the subject of Brexit and seemingly not understanding the point people were making.

Last edited:
Christ, give it a rest! As M and numerous people have pointed out - the invasion was not about Brexit but there is little doubt that the Russians interfered in the referendum and in the American election in an attempt to create division as part of a long term strategy of misinformation. It’s actually you constantly raising the subject of Brexit and seemingly not understanding the point people were making.
:sleep::sleep: Same old attitude from you Ron. Read the thread and see what the majority of my contributions are about and who's spoken about Brexit the most.

Anyway, that nice chap Mr Oban has been re-elected in Hungary. That`ll be a thorn in the EU`s side for another 4 years or so, and he slated Zelensky for good measure.

Politicians eh? 🤷‍♀️

The point was made that Brexit was desirous of, and useful to, Putin.

I don't recall anyone claiming cause and effect, or indeed any relevance of that at all, to the invasion of Ukraine.
Either, @Wandering Yellow knows that (because it's been reiterated so often) and is deliberately missing the point to make an inaccurate point or he really doesn't get it.

Or he just loves bringing up Brexit on this thread. Again and again and again zzzzzzz (no Quo links please)

Either, @Wandering Yellow knows that (because it's been reiterated so often) and is deliberately missing the point to make an inaccurate point or he really doesn't get it.

Or he just loves bringing up Brexit on this thread. Again and again and again zzzzzzz (no Quo links please)
I'm simply making the point the UK IS doing a lot to help Ukraine, and not doing the bare minimum as some on here have suggested AND that the EU is not the paradise some n here make it out to be.

On the second point I know you're winding me up QR!

Given Norway is a net exporter of gas and has very low consumption of gas, I doubt they are reliant.
norway.png

I'm simply making the point the UK IS doing a lot to help Ukraine, and not doing the bare minimum as some on here have suggested AND that the EU is not the paradise some n here make it out to be.

On the second point I know you're winding me up QR!
I think there is a separation between what we are doing in terms of direct/arms support to the country, and the way we are handling refugees. We can be good at one, and not good at the other, its not an all or nothing situation.

I think there is a separation between what we are doing in terms of direct/arms support to the country, and the way we are handling refugees. We can be good at one, and not good at the other, its not an all or nothing situation.
Like any other country we could be doing more and we could be doing less.

I would say in terms of supply we are a key ally. I just get the feeling certain folk on here would be going barmy if we continued to buy the value of coal and gas some EU nations are buying.

We need to stop all trade with war crime Russia and so does every other western country. One day we will realise we can't keep our reliance on cheap Chinese goods either but that's another story...

Like any other country we could be doing more and we could be doing less.

I would say in terms of supply we are a key ally. I just get the feeling certain folk on here would be going barmy if we continued to buy the value of coal and gas some EU nations are buying.

We need to stop all trade with war crime Russia and so does every other western country. One day we will realise we can't keep our reliance on cheap Chinese goods either but that's another story...
Yeeeeeees, I wondered when someone would mention cheap Chinese goods. I mean, I'd be happy to buy good-quality British goods made of wood or whatever, but people have got so used to cheap stuff on demand that it's hard to see that changing.

Back
Top Bottom