International News Russian War With Ukraine

The trouble is trade creates the flow of ££££`s (other currencies are available) so nobody will want to "stop" it, irrespective of the human cost the Ponzi scheme has to keep going at all costs.

You stop trade with "The Baddie of the Day" and who suffers? The people, for years or decades after the "bad person" has gone - see Iraq https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/no...inations-repression-and-struggles-daily-life/

And now they are doing away with money and making it crypto/digital so that AI can track us all to the Nth degree.

Don`t bury me, I`ll make a nice Soylent Green. 🤷‍♀️

Yeeeeeees, I wondered when someone would mention cheap Chinese goods. I mean, I'd be happy to buy good-quality British goods made of wood or whatever, but people have got so used to cheap stuff on demand that it's hard to see that changing.
I must admit I order stuff on Amazon all the time not checking where it's built. Then I see "made in China" and this weird guilt comes over me. They are committing genocide and are an immensely evil regime just like Russia. It will be an issue one day.

I must admit I order stuff on Amazon all the time not checking where it's built. Then I see "made in China" and this weird guilt comes over me. They are committing genocide and are an immensely evil regime just like Russia. It will be an issue one day.
I mean, it shouldn’t be impossible to set up factories in Accrington or wherever to make plasticky things. Only trouble is they’d cost 29 pounds not 5 pounds

The elephant in the room is the amount of Russian Gas EU countries are reliant on, in particular Germany and Italy.
Just want to see what Germany and Italy will do when NATO meet this week to discuss further and more serious sanctions. Let’s see if Germany and Italy will turn of their gas supplies from Russia to help with the sanctions.

Just want to see what Germany and Italy will do when NATO meet this week to discuss further and more serious sanctions. Let’s see if Germany and Italy will turn of their gas supplies from Russia to help with the sanctions.
Are other supplies available or will it just increase demand on non - Russian supplies therefore pushing the price up further?

To be clear, I'm not advocating continuing to use Russian gas/oil I'm simply pointing out this will not only have adverse implications for Germany and Italy.

Russia currently have the world energy market by the balls as far as Europe is concerned. Loosening their grip without significant pain will not be easy and can't be done immediately...

Are other supplies available or will it just increase demand on non - Russian supplies therefore pushing the price up further?

To be clear, I'm not advocating continuing to use Russian gas/oil I'm simply pointing out this will not only have adverse implications for Germany and Italy.
I know it will but there are other supplies but as you say it will prices even further there was a shirt while back takkersnin their way to a destination only to turn round because another source has offered to pay more.
There is also the possibility of Russiancutting of all the gas to hinder the countries who rely on Gas in their efforts to have sanctions lifted.

I know it will but there are other supplies but as you say it will prices even further there was a shirt while back takkersnin their way to a destination only to turn round because another source has offered to pay more.
There is also the possibility of Russiancutting of all the gas to hinder the countries who rely on Gas in their efforts to have sanctions lifted.
Bloody hell @bazzer9461 even Google translate gives up on that first paragraph.

Bazz.. Will you please add some punctuation to your posts. Bletchley Park would find it hard to decipher.

Bazz.. Will you please add some punctuation to your posts. Bletchley Park would find it hard to decipher.
It would help if I took time to write my posts. Oops bet I would be an enigma for Bletchley park

More sanctions from the US, G7 & EU

I`m sure Putin et al won`t be as hard hit as your average Russian on the street who is most unlikely to protest or knows the consequences if they do.

"Experts predict Russia’s GDP will contract up to 15 percent this year, wiping out the last fifteen years of economic gains. Inflation is already spiking above 15 percent and forecast to accelerate higher."

The age-old question do sanctions work?

Russia currently have the world energy market by the balls as far as Europe is concerned. Loosening their grip without significant pain will not be easy and can't be done immediately...
Given the biggest alternatives include Iran, Qatar, and Turkmenistan (Europe is getting a pipeline from Turkmenistan via Turkey "soon") there are not many good choices.

Back
Top Bottom