Ex Player Sonny Perkins

We must have told Leeds that we have no intention of using him.

He can't go out on loan elsewhere as has made 1 sub appearance (of 2minutes) for Leeds this season prior to joining us.
The "can't play for 3 clubs in a season" is a ridiculous rule which should be amended to focus on number of minutes played for clubs, rather than just the number of clubs.

Dane Scarlett at Spurs is in a similar situation after returning their from Ipswich.

Both will end up playing 21s football for the rest of the season, slowing their potential development further.

Last edited:
We must have told Leeds that we have no intention of using him.

He can't go out on loan elsewhere as has made 1 sub appearance (of 2minutes) for Leeds this season prior to joining us.
The "can't play for 3 clubs in a season" is a ridiculous rule which should be amended to focus on number of minutes played for clubs, rather than just the number of clubs.

Dane Scarlett at Spurs is in a similar situation after returning their from Ipswich.

Both will end up playing 21s football for the rest of the season, slowing their potential development further.

I don't think we needed to tell them we had no intention of using him, I would suggest it was obvious!

We really didn't give him any sort of a chance at all, so he could be the next Aly Dia or the next Haaland, we wouldn't know.

I kind of hope he goes on to be an all time great, we can be the Pete Best to his Beatles then.

Got absolutely no idea if he is the next Lionel Messi, Steve Anthrobus or some where in between, strange situation.

We really didn't give him any sort of a chance at all, so he could be the next Aly Dia or the next Haaland, we wouldn't know.
Players get their chance to prove themselves in training. If he didn’t do that, then he wasn’t going to get a chance to prove himself in competitive games.

Does anyone know what the issue was - attitude, style of play, just not good enough? He came with a good rep. Anyway, I wish the lad well and hope he does go on to great things.

Does anyone know what the issue was - attitude, style of play, just not good enough? He came with a good rep. Anyway, I wish the lad well and hope he does go on to great things.

Haven't a clue which I think is a good thing. Considering the leaks in previous years, it is good that there isn't so much now.

Since he didn't get any game time under two different managers when we were short of fit/scoring players in his position on the pitch, then you'd have to think he simply wasn't good enough. If he was good enough (even with an 'attitude problem', if that's what the problem was) he would have got on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom