Ex Player Sonny Perkins

We must have told Leeds that we have no intention of using him.

He can't go out on loan elsewhere as has made 1 sub appearance (of 2minutes) for Leeds this season prior to joining us.
The "can't play for 3 clubs in a season" is a ridiculous rule which should be amended to focus on number of minutes played for clubs, rather than just the number of clubs.

Dane Scarlett at Spurs is in a similar situation after returning their from Ipswich.

Both will end up playing 21s football for the rest of the season, slowing their potential development further.

Can't even play for Leeds in the FA Cup as he came on as a late sub in round 1.

Can't even play for Leeds in the FA Cup as he came on as a late sub in round 1.

He can't play another competitive fixture this season, unless Leeds use him in their Championship squad.

He's cup tied so can't play in the FA Cup; he's played for two teams already this season so can't go on loan to anyone else: and Leeds U21s aren't in the Tinpot Trophy any more.

We're looking at his loan spell and viewing it as a disappointment. For him, it's been an absolute disaster!

He can't play another competitive fixture this season, unless Leeds use him in their Championship squad.

He's cup tied so can't play in the FA Cup; he's played for two teams already this season so can't go on loan to anyone else: and Leeds U21s aren't in the Tinpot Trophy any more.

We're looking at his loan spell and viewing it as a disappointment. For him, it's been an absolute disaster!

He can sign for a Conference team on loan though iirc. I think it would be a good idea for him to go somewhere like Halifax and play men's football.

Don't think he could have played in the Tinpot Trophy even if Leeds were still in it as he played for us against Chelsea?

Swindon promoted .
There top goal scorer had this to say .
“I want to thank Oxford United.
Without that clubs total rejection,I would not be the player I am today
Feck off you yellows .”

Very odd the article in the mail today about Perkins. DB dismissed any issues with attitude and said:

"But when you’ve got Mark Harris and Gats [Gatlin O’Donkor] in the building, it’s been very difficult for him to get game time".

Yep GoD with his one goal this season and Harris with his handful as well as our recent injury crisis, I can see exactly why Perkins couldn't get a look in 🤔

Very odd the article in the mail today about Perkins. DB dismissed any issues with attitude and said:

"But when you’ve got Mark Harris and Gats [Gatlin O’Donkor] in the building, it’s been very difficult for him to get game time".

Yep GoD with his one goal this season and Harris with his handful as well as our recent injury crisis, I can see exactly why Perkins couldn't get a look in 🤔

GO’D has no goals this season.

He’s not even got close to scoring one.

What do you expect Buckingham to say?

"To be honest, he was absolute shite. I can't believe he's played England youth."

"To be honest, he was absolute shite. I can't believe he's played England youth."
It's a weird one, he played in West Ham's first team and they were keen to sign him but Perkins' agent persuaded him to run his contract down and sign for Leeds
Maybe it's a case of a young player getting too much too soon and thinking they don't need to work hard any more?
I think it was Manning who said that others were showing more in training when asked why Perkins wasn't getting game time

If he didn't want to be honest about why he hasn't played at all (which in some circumstances is fine), I would expect him to have just kept it short if asked such as 'didn't work out etc but hopefully will be able to go back to Leeds and find somewhere to get game time etc'.

Rather than say how he had GoD and Harris in front of him, given our injury crisis and when we are clearly looking for more strikers that just doesn't make sense.

Perhaps his statement has had input from Leeds to help maintain future relations?

Perhaps his statement has had input from Leeds to help maintain future relations?

It doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, he couldn't get in the team because we have a 19 year old who sometimes plays 5 minutes, so definitely some diplomacy going on there.

Or, as an Oxford fan, you just support a young player and aid his development rather than speculating whether he has a career at all
Yes. He just needs regular game time at this stage in his career. Hopefully we'll have enough striker cover to get him a decent loan this window.

I suspect that what he said and what he thinks are completely different things. It really *shouldn't* have been difficult to get at least occasional game time (even if off the bench) looking at how his competition were doing. And it was the same under the previous manager as well.

I'm sure everyone wishes him luck in the future, but for us it was a complete waste of a loan.

I mean it echoes what I heard coming out of the club earlier in the season that his attitude wasn’t an issue, rather it was more aptitude in the sense that he wasn’t gelling with how Manning wanted to play.

I do find the comment about first team opportunities old though, because whenever he’s played he’s looked much more rounded and further along than Donks is.

Back
Top Bottom