General Stadium Disrepair

We wont have access to the stadium or permission to just go doing cleaning/maintenance work, that's not how it works.
Plus we would be paying twice for the work and we've enough debt as it is. Also imagine the legal wrangles should someone fall and do themselves serious injury follow a 'club clean'. I doubt the club would get insurance for the consequences of an act that was not their responsibility in the first place.

Last edited:
In which case, the club should refuse to sell tickets to areas of the ground where facilities are not up to scratch and seek redress through the courts/arbitration.

They cannot just pass the buck and expect fans to endure a poor experience on and off the pitch.

Well that would be the East Stand shut then.

Well that would be the East Stand shut then.
Shame.

I’d imagine a claim of damages for loss of income might get StadCo off their arses.

Knowing us, we’ve probably signed a licence that doesn’t allow for such claims.

Last edited:
Shame.

I’d imagine a claim of damages for lose of income might get StadCo off their arses.

Knowing us, we’ve probably signed a licence that doesn’t allow for such claims.

If memory serves we tried withholding money claiming similar before and got nowhere. Unfortunately Kassam has all the power.

As I leaving the North Stand this evening I noticed there was an inch or two of water all over the concourse floor. Anyone know what that was all about, a water pipe leak of some sort?

Stadium is a disgrace, and has been for some time.

There was a load of fluid over the floor in the East Stand, opposite thee left hand side food outlet, but that may have been spilt Beer.

There was a load of fluid over the floor in the East Stand, opposite thee left hand side food outlet, but that may have been spilt Beer.
It's the same all over. SSU toilets were a mess of wet floors and what looked, suspiciously, like somebody had dropped a load on the floor of the cubicle having missed (!) the toilet. It was busy everywhere but the facilities are just not up to the task. Thankfully, the designs for the new stadium indicate far more toilets and what should be modern, purpose built installations.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself how/why? And what goes through peoples minds.

Is it the mind set that "its a tip so it doesn`t matter" or is it that people don`t care full stop?

Rinse & repeat - Owner does bare minimum (if that) , users see its a tip so treat it in the same way, gets worse, peoples behaviour get worse.

The deterioration is far more noticable the less frequently you visit.

Was I the only one who thought the floodlights were a little dim? It may just have been the effect during dusk but the light looked particularly patchy beneath the South stand.

Last edited:
It's the same all over. SSU toilets were a mess of wet floors and what looked, suspiciously, like somebody had dropped a load on the floor of the cubicle having missed (!) the toilet. It was busy everywhere but the facilities are just not up to the task. Thankfully, the designs for the new stadium indicate far more toilets and what should be modern, purpose built installations.
Screenshot_20240505-123724.png

I'll get this checked this out. I suspect it's condensation.
As I was in the stadium early to help with balloons, I checked out a number of the toilet blocks and they were all clean and fully stocked before the turnstiles opened.

Didn’t spend too much time in the concourse as we got nearer to kick off as there were too many people, but did notice the number of lights out in the East Stand toilets (in corner with North Stand), did make me imagine a time when we might be able to take pride in our home before an absolutely massive game live on tv.

Didn’t spend too much time in the concourse as we got nearer to kick off as there were too many people, but did notice the number of lights out in the East Stand toilets (in corner with North Stand), did make me imagine a time when we might be able to take pride in our home before an absolutely massive game live on tv.
Yes, aware of this hopefully to be sorted over the summer with other electrical work.

Back
Top Bottom