Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a winger who worst case scenario could fill in multiple areas should a man go down, I.e both long and Stevens are out for a couple of weeks, he could drop back in to a RWB role

Seems like a winger who worst case scenario could fill in multiple areas should a man go down, I.e both long and Stevens are out for a couple of weeks, he could drop back in to a RWB role
Clever signing given his versatility. If we bring in a LWB/Attacking left back, we should be able to switch to a back 5 easily

No chance Marriott is worth £400k. Surely vastly better ways that money could be spent. Very much hope that isn’t true.
Before I get crushed for being negative I'm just offering a possibility here, and I'm largely happy with our business.

Could the bid (if true) show we are getting a little bit panicked with how long it's taking us to secure a top striker before the season starts?

I must admit that while Mills seems an exciting signing we do seem to be a bit ' right orientated ' with the left side pretty much bare bones we have lots of right sided options.
Very interested if this means anyone could be going out .

My non itk guesses:
we're lumbered with last year's mad signings,
Mills is being marketed to Tim as a right-back

If so, I think it's neat as it let's us play 3 and 4 at the back. I think it makes sense as Manning spoke of flexibility in formation.

Hope we get him.

My non itk guesses:
we're lumbered with last year's mad signings,
Mills is being marketed to Tim as a right-back

If so, I think it's neat as it let's us play 3 and 4 at the back. I think it makes sense as Manning spoke of flexibility in formation.

Hope we get him.
Yes agree with that summery but isn't Fin Stevens the attacking rwb or another rm option ?
We currently only have the Brown/Browne left back/ left attacker although others can play on the left I'd like that side strengthened with an LWB and another left sided midfielder/ winger , I know Tyler can play there but seems a bit of an imbalance.

Rave reviews for Mills from my Everton-supporting mate:

"Absolute player". "He's a right winger, smashed it in u23s last year and I was hoping he'd make the step to first but maybe next year. He's a real prospect and think you lot will love him."

Sounds exciting, but could limit opportunities for Tyler I guess. Has L Man given up on Murphy at last?

Agree that we need some more left-sided players.

Yes agree with that summery but isn't Fin Stevens the attacking rwb or another rm option ?
We currently only have the Brown/Browne left back/ left attacker although others can play on the left I'd like that side strengthened with an LWB and another left sided midfielder/ winger , I know Tyler can play there but seems a bit of an imbalance.

Josh Murphy has played most of his career at left wing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom