National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

So Eton and Oxford educated Bullington club member Cameron is the establishment but...checks notes.... Eton and Oxford educated Bullington club member Johnson isn't.🤔

The BBC who gave equal billing to Brexit lies as it did EU truths is the establishment but the overseas owners of the gutter newspaper who printed brexit lies and gave no real platform for any truths aren't.

So unelected EU civil servants who implement the will of the elected members, and resident of Jericho 😳😳are the establishment but unelected folk like Aaron Banks, Dominic Cummins, and Lord 'oven ready' Frost aren't.
This is odd. When did I say Johnson, Rees Mogg and others weren't establishment figures???

I'm not even sure what the Aaron Banks reference means, considering he's not a political leader and doesn't hold an official post (and never has, to my knowledge?).

Strange.

When did I say Johnson, Rees Mogg and others weren't establishment figures???
You didn't, which was kind of the point I think. But then parts of "the establishment" were for and parts were against, depending on where their own self-interest resided, so giving all of "the establishment" a bloody nose wasn't really possible in the referendum anyway.

This is odd. When did I say Johnson, Rees Mogg and others weren't establishment figures???

I'm not even sure what the Aaron Banks reference means, considering he's not a political leader and doesn't hold an official post (and never has, to my knowledge?).

Strange.
Who got more of a bloody nose out of brexit. JRM or your average small business person?

You didn't, which was kind of the point I think. But then parts of "the establishment" were for and parts were against, depending on where their own self-interest resided, so giving all of "the establishment" a bloody nose wasn't really possible in the referendum anyway.
Exactly - I think what QR was trying to do was somehow suggest I think JRM, Boris etc. are all upstanding good old fashioned men of the people. He could then accuse me of trying to defend my Etonian overlords.

Is that what they'd call a straw man argument?

No you're right, those questions are very easy to answer.

1. A committed leaver who would have been elected following a general election, given that Cameron resigned.

2. A leave-leaning delegation either cross party or single party.

3. An immediate exit on "hard" terms.

The idea that PR is bonkers, is bonkers. It literally just takes someone who wants the vote of a younger generation. The voice is growing every year. I feel Corbyn would have done it.

Oh and I also wanted to give the establishment a bloody nose.
Just out of curiosity do you think that those are the terms that were outlined in the campaign? and do you think that most people that voted for it felt the same?
You said that you wanted to give the establishment a bloody nose and you’ve used some quite bizarre examples to suggest who you think that is ( news corp isn’t but BBC is !) so I was wondering if you still feel that the likes of Boris Nigel Farage etc are not the establishment, and do you see the same in the US with trump being outside of the establishment?

Just out of curiosity do you think that those are the terms that were outlined in the campaign? and do you think that most people that voted for it felt the same?
You said that you wanted to give the establishment a bloody nose and you’ve used some quite bizarre examples to suggest who you think that is ( news corp isn’t but BBC is !) so I was wondering if you still feel that the likes of Boris Nigel Farage etc are not the establishment, and do you see the same in the US with trump being outside of the establishment?
Again there's a strange case here of putting words into my mouth. When have I ever said "News corp" ( l don't even know what that is) isn't an establishment organisation????

Boris is clearly establishment. You could make the argument either way for Farage - he clearly campaigned against the establishment for over 20 years, being labelled a fruitcake by media and politicians alike for most of that time. Derided and hated for many years, a fringe figure. Doesn't seem very establishment to me, albeit a wealthy man.

I wouldn't know what the "American establishment" is, so I can't really make a judgment on that one.

Again there's a strange case here of putting words into my mouth. When have I ever said "News corp" ( l don't even know what that is) isn't an establishment organisation????

Boris is clearly establishment. You could make the argument either way for Farage - he clearly campaigned against the establishment for over 20 years, being labelled a fruitcake by media and politicians alike for most of that time. Derided and hated for many years, a fringe figure. Doesn't seem very establishment to me, albeit a wealthy man.

I wouldn't know what the "American establishment" is, so I can't really make a judgment on that one.
You suggest that the bbc is establishment and yet you don’t know what news corp is…

It’s Rupert Murdock…. You know the sun , the times, the Wall Street journal etc.

Farage has been a politicaian for years. He is without doubt establishment.

Everyone votes for their own self interest................. :)
There is a bit of truth to that, but the key is the definition of self-interest. For example, as someone with kids, my self-interest projects a long time into the future and so I might vote for a party whose policies I think may benefit my great grand kids. Other people are a bit more short-termist and will vote for the party that will give them one-off £50 cash back

There is a bit of truth to that, but the key is the definition of self-interest. For example, as someone with kids, my self-interest projects a long time into the future and so I might vote for a party whose policies I think may benefit my great grand kids. Other people are a bit more short-termist and will vote for the party that will give them one-off £50 cash back
Yep -some people simply aren't in it for the long game. They couldn't give two hoots. Which is probably part of the reason why they keep on falling fall for short term opportunism every time.

Which is strangely at odds with the "the benefits of leaving the EU will take decades to realise" argument that gets trotted out whenever the immediate failings are brought into sharp focus. I guess ultimately, they may say this, but they don't ultimately give a toss either way 🤷‍♂️

They were all going weren`t they?

Listening to you trying to justify you selfish political views is like listening to a bloke in A&E trying to justify why he put a cucumber up his ar$e.

Everyones views are welcome and everything is a dildo if you are brave enough.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"A vast variety of objects have been reported in case studies, for example, glass bottles, cans, aerosol sprays, candles, bulbs, sports goods, wooden rods, food items, hoover extensions, broomsticks and sexual toys including vibrators and dildos"

I think it is great we are reliant on an EU business to maintain our artificially managed unemployment figures down.

Quite ironic that you're celebrating this @Essexyellows . . .

At least you've got one thing in common with the government....you've both had your pants pulled down and a foreign body shoved where the sun doesn't shine 🤣

We're certainly paying a premium to keep them here, not to mention we're years behind other countries in terms of manufacturing capacity and capability.

Like entering a 100m race, having nailed one of your feet to the floor🤷‍♂️

They were all going weren`t they?

Everyones views are welcome and everything is a dildo if you are brave enough.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"A vast variety of objects have been reported in case studies, for example, glass bottles, cans, aerosol sprays, candles, bulbs, sports goods, wooden rods, food items, hoover extensions, broomsticks and sexual toys including vibrators and dildos"

They only post it when it's bad news lol

It's fantastic news for Oxford and will have brightened up many peoples day but....

Have we real sunk so low as a country that we have to pay a bribe of £75m to an EU manufacturer simply for them to keep, not move just keep, a factory here?

How the disingenuous BMW spokesperson managed not to mention the bribe and not smirk was impressive.

'Knocking down our door' 'we hold all the cards' bullshit!! 😡😡😡😡

You know, its quite amusing really. I thought you Brexity types were the same people who get all red in the face at participation awards being given out for schoolchildren just for turning up.

And yet, here you are celebrating the UK for it;s participation in the car industry having already tripped over it's own shoelaces at the start line.

I am very pleased that 4,000 jobs have been saved, but I'll hold off celebrating any further until we're back to pre-Brexit production levels.

1694506143164.png

Back
Top Bottom