Current Player Tyler Goodrham

That's really easy in retrospect!
You never know which young players are going to make it.
Good news that these 2 appear to be able to

The point still stands, signing players who haven't played isn't a positive because the youngsters get to play - if they are good enough they should anyway. The two things are mutually exclusive.

You may have gambled away £100k at Ladbrokes and been forced to get a 2nd job to pay your debts - and said job turns out to be great and something you choose to do full time - but that doesn't mean the lost £100k was great. You could have the job as your only job and the £100k. Or even better, have the job and spend the £100k effectively to mean that you don't need to work full time.

Goodrham is a positive, but it does not counter, nor is it because of, the clusterf*cks that Murphy and Baldock are turning out to be.

For me, GO'D's only issue is one of stamina. Love the way he stands up to, and battles opposing centre backs, even proper League One ogres like the guy at Bolton, but he does seem to fade after 45-60 minutes.
That'll come with game time and experience, so I would be wanting him to play a signficant role with the first team squad over the next couple of months, rotating with Matty T.

Goodrham, for me, has a little ways to go. Clearly has plenty of ability, and a cracking finish on him, but he does drift in and out of games and he tackles like Paul Scholes!
I would love to have him playing every week for a conference club (someone like Woking would be perfect, and he would be a significant upgrade for them over Lofthouse) so he gets more experience coming up against professional defenders.
I think that is part and parcel of being a winger, they all seem to drift in and out of games.

The point still stands, signing players who haven't played isn't a positive because the youngsters get to play - if they are good enough they should anyway. The two things are mutually exclusive.

You may have gambled away £100k at Ladbrokes and been forced to get a 2nd job to pay your debts - and said job turns out to be great and something you choose to do full time - but that doesn't mean the lost £100k was great. You could have the job as your only job and the £100k. Or even better, have the job and spend the £100k effectively to mean that you don't need to work full time.

Goodrham is a positive, but it does not counter, nor is it because of, the clusterf*cks that Murphy and Baldock are turning out to be.
Karl Robinson
👇
Sign injury prone players
👇
Did we lose?
Yes 👉 "We've been unlucky with injuries"
No 👉 "I put trust in the young lads and it's been repaid"

I've never known a manager seemingly at this point almost deliberately giving himself a get out of jail free card.

Back
Top Bottom