Ex Player Yanic Wildschut

A cautionary tale, perhaps - signing a player who was tearing this league up in his mid-20s and the you find they aren’t as good when they’ve entered their 30s. See the Marvin Johnson thread for that …

The poor bloke never had a chance when KR was here. No training, not fully fit and thrown onto a rock hard pitch at North Leigh and has been playing catch up since. It wasn’t an ‘unlucky’ injury there. It was entirely preventable.

I hope he can get back to playing regardless.

A cautionary tale, perhaps - signing a player who was tearing this league up in his mid-20s and the you find they aren’t as good when they’ve entered their 30s. See the Marvin Johnson thread for that …

The poor bloke never had a chance when KR was here. No training, not fully fit and thrown onto a rock hard pitch at North Leigh and has been playing catch up since. It wasn’t an ‘unlucky’ injury there. It was entirely preventable.

Think it was at Wimbledon so pitch in good nick but he had just stepped off a plane !

Disappointing that it took nearly four months of trying to give him away to get to this point. Presumably he will sign elsewhere in the days ahead on a fraction of what we were paying him, and have had to pay out the difference.

Perhaps it would’ve gone differently for him if he hadn’t been thrown onto a football pitch the day after he got off a plane, visibly unfit having not trained for a single day during pre-season, only to rip his hamstring off the bone after 10 minutes. He was stitched up in that regard, and it may have ruined the last few years of his career.

Good luck to him. Now let’s finally get someone else in his place.

But he was looking so trim in pre-season!

Thanks Yanic, we'll always have that goal against Ipswich to remember you by.

Well, for those that could see it, at least. It was a foggy night.

Unlucky with the injury so we will never know let's hope someone else is in very soon ? wishing him all the best but it's onwards and upwards.

Marvin Johnson has a very different body type to Wildschut. Johnson is lean and wiry ( an ectomorph ?) and quicker than Yanic Wildschut in my view.
Johnson is also a great crosser of a ball especially on the run.

But he was looking so trim in pre-season!

Thanks Yanic, we'll always have that goal against Ipswich to remember you by.

Well, for those that could see it, at least. It was a foggy night.
I still feel like he could have done a job for us as a central striker. Never had the pace to be a winger any more but that one game he played as a striker against Ipswich he looked decent. Oh well

Yanic, ik hoop dat jij dit leest. Bedankt voor je inzet, en vooral je doelpunt tegen Ipswich.
Ik wens je de alle best voor de toekomst, misschien zie ik je weer op Studio Sport.

Depends, if he is off to another club for a similar wage, it might be a no fee release?
You only release a player prior to them signing for someone else if you need to make a severance payment to them, otherwise you just do a straight transfer without the need to release them first. We’ve definitely had to pay him something to get him out.

If we're being really charitable - he didn't just produce the goal against Ipswich, he also put the goal against Morecambe on a plate for Browne. So that's three points total gained for a rather large amount of cash.

At this point in his career, I thought he was rather reminiscent of an oil tanker. Pretty good at moving relentlessly forward in a straight line at a steady pace. Problems if any change of pace or direction was needed........

If we're being really charitable - he didn't just produce the goal against Ipswich, he also put the goal against Morecambe on a plate for Browne. So that's three points total gained for a rather large amount of cash.

At this point in his career, I thought he was rather reminiscent of an oil tanker. Pretty good at moving relentlessly forward in a straight line at a steady pace. Problems if any change of pace or direction was needed........

Dear @tonyw the boat analogy is very prescient.

The two best days of boat ownership are:
1. The day of acquisition (oh the anticipation)
2. The day of disposal (thank goodness the cost and maintenance are no longer my problem)

I salute 🫡 admiral Tonyw as he waves off the good ship 🚢 Yanic

Back
Top Bottom