Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/01/2019 Brentford v OUFC (FACR3) Match Day Thread +++

You miserable so and so.
The vast majority of supporters there made clear their appreciation to the team. It was a decent performance. Brentfordcdrew with Norwich at the weekend and are no mugs.
It was. We huffed and puffed, worked hard. Its what i expect every time i pay to watch the team. We lost.

It was no gallant exit to a top team. Lets not forget in recent times we were turning over the Swanseas and Newcastles of this world. Now were proud of losing at Brentford. Come off it.

As a fan of 60+ years...and a former full time employee..i am as concerned as anyone about the way things are going, including the misfortunes that are stacking up against us. But i do despair of some mindlessness on here. Whether you like Robinson or not there is absolutely no need for the unpleasant nicknames, nor the slagging off at every available opportunity. I heard his interview after the Brentford game ( from holiday in Spain) and I felt it showed how much he cares about his staff. To jump on to the negative bandwagon ( largely only a toxic few It seems) and call him weak, over sensitive, unprofeesional etc is ridiculous and in my opinion ill judged. Similarly the criticism that we have only signed 2 in the window is daft. It would be easier if agents did not control transfers and clubs hold out for the best deals they can get. Then you have to persuade players to come to a club near the bottom of league and to move to expensive Oxfordshire. It takes time, hard work and persistence. Also most clubs are after decent strikers. Lets see where we are in 3 weeks.
Fair enough, as I’m one of Robinson’s biggest critics I assume this is aimed at me as much as anyone, although I’ve never once used disparaging names or personal abuse. Maybe I’ve let my dislike of how our season is panning out get the better of me and should take a breath before posting. Point taken.

So frustrating for Baptiste. He looked like he had done a nice job in his rehab and to get another injury like that is gutting for the kid. The fact the manager can feel for him on an emotional level is good. Some fans want to slag Robinson off the for the sake of it.

As for the game, the team put an incredible effort in - but the lack of players in certain areas was obvious again. Anyone down heartened after today needs to check themselves for once. We have to be better, without question, but the team looked like it was on the unbeaten run. Brentford had chances but Eastwood wasn't having to pull out worldy after worldy. 2 new strikers who are engaged in the game will make a massive difference to the team. As for the Ref, felt like he was favouring the higher league team with some very debatable decisions and booking. No game impacting, but enough to make our lives harder for no reason. I was glad to see Fazza and Derry get into him at half time.

Fair enough, as I’m one of Robinson’s biggest critics I assume this is aimed at me as much as anyone, although I’ve never once used disparaging names or personal abuse. Maybe I’ve let my dislike of how our season is panning out get the better of me and should take a breath before posting. Point taken.
Nothing wrong with criticising, why do you think it's aimed at you?

Disappointing to lose. A draw would have been fair but giving away a penalty is always costly.
We desperately need a striker, Mackie annoys the hell out of defenders but doesn't score.
Hopefully Graham will improve with game time - quickly!
Gutted for Shandon, very bad luck.
And what was with ref today? Looked to us as though Browne was fouled in the box? He must have had a clear view.

wasn’t a bad performance but I thought Brentford edged, they should of scored in the first half, but we battled and Graham grew into the game as it went on.

We are desperate for some forwards though, that is indisputable, sides have learned that we have nothing up top now and set up accordingly. Graham can put quality into the the box but we need somebody to get on the end of it.

Our whole season hinges on getting a forward or two in, Robinson’s job as well.

They looked quick and classy in the first half but we did great in the second and if we’d had any sort of decent striker and some subs we’d have got something. Graham had a bit of a mare but will improve

I heard the Brentford manager on Radio London after the game. He was condescending and said it was our game of the season! Well, we’ve already played Man City and Sunderland, we’re not that bothered about a little team whose ground is smaller than the Manor!

As a fan of 60+ years...and a former full time employee..i am as concerned as anyone about the way things are going, including the misfortunes that are stacking up against us. But i do despair of some mindlessness on here. Whether you like Robinson or not there is absolutely no need for the unpleasant nicknames, nor the slagging off at every available opportunity. I heard his interview after the Brentford game ( from holiday in Spain) and I felt it showed how much he cares about his staff. To jump on to the negative bandwagon ( largely only a toxic few It seems) and call him weak, over sensitive, unprofeesional etc is ridiculous and in my opinion ill judged. Similarly the criticism that we have only signed 2 in the window is daft. It would be easier if agents did not control transfers and clubs hold out for the best deals they can get. Then you have to persuade players to come to a club near the bottom of league and to move to expensive Oxfordshire. It takes time, hard work and persistence. Also most clubs are after decent strikers. Lets see where we are in 3 weeks.

Well said
Unfortunately there is a significant few on here who can’t wait to jump on everything that goes wrong and pin it back on the manager or owner, yet never seemed to apply the same logic when we went on a good run a few games ago.

It was. We huffed and puffed, worked hard. Its what i expect every time i pay to watch the team. We lost.

It was no gallant exit to a top team. Lets not forget in recent times we were turning over the Swanseas and Newcastles of this world. Now were proud of losing at Brentford. Come off it.
Come on.we lost 1 0 to a team what 25 places higher than us. We had lost 3 in a row and have huge injuries and suspensions.
We could have been hammered. But we put in decent performance against a team in a different class (their budget is probably 4 times ours)
What were you seriously expecting? What has Newcastle and Swansea got to do with it? Last season we were hammered at Port Vale

Well said
Unfortunately there is a significant few on here who can’t wait to jump on everything that goes wrong and pin it back on the manager or owner, yet never seemed to apply the same logic when we went on a good run a few games ago.

Supporters are concerned that even after a good run of 15 games, we still have failed to win away and over the Christmas period find our team in the bottom four. They are also fearful that the owner does not have the funds or nouse to stop the rot and as a result relegation. It’s not about jumping on everything, it’s about two season where we as a club have struggled both on and off the pitch. Tiger made some very encouraging statements of which very few have been turned into reality. Have a great youth policy is commendable, but means nothing if we go down.

Come on.we lost 1 0 to a team what 25 places higher than us. We had lost 3 in a row and have huge injuries and suspensions.
We could have been hammered. But we put in decent performance against a team in a different class (their budget is probably 4 times ours)
What were you seriously expecting? What has Newcastle and Swansea got to do with it? Last season we were hammered at Port Vale
also cheltenham at home

Reading the Brentford forum we get slagged for that performance, sobering reading a different point of view. It’s not a neutral one obviously but it’s fairly obvious to anyone we are toothless up front.

We are in the bottom 4 post xmas. The season has been a shocker. He might be a nice guy but robinson has to take the blame. Going in to the season with obika and mackie as strikers was criminal. His inability to change formation is amatuer. I think he deserves the stick and is one lucky guy not to be fired.

Reading the Brentford forum we get slagged for that performance, sobering reading a different point of view. It’s not a neutral one obviously but it’s fairly obvious to anyone we are toothless up front.
Championship Brentford were hanging on at the end against little Oxford, how can they slag us?

We are in the bottom 4 post xmas. The season has been a shocker. He might be a nice guy but robinson has to take the blame. Going in to the season with obika and mackie as strikers was criminal. His inability to change formation is amatuer. I think he deserves the stick and is one lucky guy not to be fired.

Have to agree. He is very clever when things are going his way in post match interviews. Also when we lose three on the trot, he realises he must blame himself, before moving onto, we are one big family/community together card to try to appease fans.

After todays interview, another dimension to consider, is that does he have the mental fight to get us out of the mess, when in public he crumbles at a time when he should be strong for the players and club.

Back
Top Bottom