Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/02/18 OUFC V BRISTOL ROVERS MATCH THREAD +++

These defenders are in L1 and not the Premier for a reason. If we never have a plan to deal with opponents who outnumber us in midfield then they will continuously bombard our penalty area. Eventually a defender will make an error. This has happened almost every time we faced a 5 man midfield this and last season.

Don’t listen to fucktards on the phone in . Just saying [emoji6]. Again it was our defence that cost us today not our strike force
Agree about the fucktards, but it was the midfield that cost us

The midfield put us on the back foot. But that was because Wes was holding nothing up and we still kept trying to play it up to him. We should have took him off and relied on the wings like at Charlton, pulling mowatt or rothwell back into a 3 and sticking silva down the left. Faz was as inflexible in his tactics as pep. No plan b ,just swap like for like and hope for the best when it was clear what was happening. That’s still not why we lost , the defence was poor, mous makes more mistakes than Diane Abbott. Martin is constantly the wrong side of his man, and Bristol enjoyed free header after free header unmarked in our box. They even f*****g managed to run into each other going for the same ball. Arron martin was voted player of the month, that’s sums up our January

Playing balls for Wes to hold up is a dumb tactic. It just isn’t his game.

These defenders are in L1 and not the Premier for a reason. If we never have a plan to deal with opponents who outnumber us in midfield then they will continuously bombard our penalty area. Eventually a defender will make an error. This has happened almost every time we faced a 5 man midfield this and last season.
Exactly i never understand why we play a 2 man midfield against a 3. The simple find to do is match them and go into the 451 like they did. Mowatt is actually better at CM then AM as he doesn't have the legs to press with Wes.

There both as bad as eachother.
Yep thats true.

Real high hopes for mousinho when we signed him. He definitely has the attributes no denying that and his playing history indicates he is good.

Sometimes players just go through bad patches and he's been on one since he signed to be honest.

Can’t believe we let Harrison keep peeling off, collecting the ball & bringing the Bristol midfield into play. Went on all game with neither centre half tracking him.

Yep thats true.

Real high hopes for mousinho when we signed him. He definitely has the attributes no denying that and his playing history indicates he is good.

Sometimes players just go through bad patches and he's been on one since he signed to be honest.
Think he needs a quality and accomplished centre half next to him. He didn't look too bad next to Nelson.He needs someone who is quick and strong next to him so he can get some help and mop up when he makes a mistake.

Maybe worth trying him as a defensive midfielder where he has more freedom with the ball in a 3 man midfield with Brannagan and Ledson for legs next to him.

Yep thats true.

Think he needs a quality and accomplished centre half next to him. He didn't look too bad next to Nelson.He needs someone who is quick and strong next to him so he can get some help and mop up when he makes a mistake.

Maybe worth trying him as a defensive midfielder where he has more freedom with the ball in a 3 man midfield with Brannagan and Ledson for legs next to him.

He looks exactly like Nelson did when we played him on the left of the two to accommodate dunkley. A little lost, shakey, nervous not sure where he’s supposed to be or go. Which given that raglan is the only defender since wright that has looked decent on the left makes it even more confusing

WE did in theory have five in midfield, but where were they?

Yeah that's fair. I think he would work well next to Nelson. I don't want to get rid of him, he needs some support or a breather.

Confident he will come good, but he's going through a bad patch.

He looks exactly like Nelson did when we played him on the left of the two to accommodate dunkley. A little lost, shakey, nervous not sure where he’s supposed to be or go. Which given that raglan is the only defender since wright that has looked decent on the left makes it even more confusing

The only reason I can see we loaned out raglan is that we couldn't get rid of Martin or Williamson.

I don't think he is the long term answer but would have him in the team now without hesitation.

There both as bad as eachother.

I actually think our midfield were extremely poor today which cost us. And how Mowatt was MOTM is beyond me. That bloke would lose a race standing on the spot.

Shame Ricardinho didn’t come on today, thought he made a difference last week.

To many mistakes by experienced players, to many kids on the field, no pace at the centre backs, no second ball wins, nobody up front who can play football like there number 9, nobody on the pitch like there number 26, no idea on subs, basically no direction right from the boardroom to the pitch.

There is no way they can charge more for season tickets next year with what we have watched this season.

Yeah that's fair. I think he would work well next to Nelson. I don't want to get rid of him, he needs some support or a breather.

Confident he will come good, but he's going through a bad patch.
Maybe Dickie will have Nelson like qualities which would help Mous. Will we ever see him though....? 3 fee paid players and none have set foot on the pitch yet.

So u think Arron martin or mous is good enough ?

I actually think Mousinho is a good player, but at home loses confidence because as soon as he makes a mistake the crowd are in his back.

He has composure, and hangs onto the ball too long at times which isn’t good, but I think he does this because he doesn’t just want to hoof it which I prefer.

Just don’t rate Martin at all.

I actually think our midfield were extremely poor today which cost us. And how Mowatt was MOTM is beyond me. That bloke would lose a race standing on the spot.

Shame Ricardinho didn’t come on today, thought he made a difference last week.
Midfield is always poor in these games. 2 CM vs 3 CM they can't keep up. Correct me if I'm wrong but we've not once this season used a 3 man midfield.Again we get beat because our midfield tires by 70th minute exactly like Bury.
Ricardinho should've been on today he has some creativity that we lacked today with his crossing ability.

Someone tell me what makes Mehmeti a good striker. He just runs around and loses every header.

Back
Top Bottom