Home Match Day Thread 16/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Doncaster Rovers

First hour was sensational, and the 3-0 was well deserved. It could have been a couple more.

Last half hour was scrappy as hell, but whatever.

No rest though.....need the same sort of performance again on Saturday against Blackpool.
Think today was the clearest evidence yet, though, of what our best (fit) XI is at the moment.

Excellent play tonight. CB awesome Gorrin the same and Kelly did very well. Top marks all round.

Everybody 10/10.

Players, staff, ball boys, vaccination folk, local scallywags on their bikes - the lot.

Can’t wait for Saturday already. If we play half as good as that first 60/65 we will win again.

I’m off to have a beer in the shower.

Very good performance, shows what we can do with a bit of passion and a compliant victim.

That was so different Cameron back to his best so much further forward different player class. Best I've seen Shidopo play ,Gorrin superb we really can beat anyone playing like that . Same again Saturday 👍

Not sure if Doncaster were poor or we made them look poor? They certainly didn’t look comfortable when we pressed them.

Some of Doncaster's playing out the back was terrible and we were wise to it from the off. Barker really caught the eye in the first half and was beating his man for fun.

Brannagan worth a mention for how many times he won the ball and it was good to see Taylor sniff out a couple. The whole team were excellent.

Really good to watch tonight, would've loved to have been there.

Outstanding. Finally beaten a side in the top 6, so we can get that monkey off our backs, and absolutely blew them away. Weird second half because we didn't really need to push on at all, but we never looked in danger. Kelly, Barker, Taylor all superb.

The end of our tricky February / March period is in sight. Lincoln next week (on Sky, we'll lose) and Sunderland the midweek after that, and then it's, on paper, a fairly kind run to the end of the season. I was beginning to doubt us but after that first half today, with Taylor back scoring goals, with Brannagan and Gorrin back to full form, I'm believing again. COYY

Outstanding. Finally beaten a side in the top 6, so we can get that monkey off our backs, and absolutely blew them away. Weird second half because we didn't really need to push on at all, but we never looked in danger. Kelly, Barker, Taylor all superb.

The end of our tricky February / March period is in sight. Lincoln next week (on Sky, we'll lose) and Sunderland the midweek after that, and then it's, on paper, a fairly kind run to the end of the season. I was beginning to doubt us but after that first half today, with Taylor back scoring goals, with Brannagan and Gorrin back to full form, I'm believing again. COYY

Forget Lincoln. The next match against Blackpool is a potential banana skin game. Three points behind, near the top of the form table and with two games in hand of United. Get that one out of the way and things will really begin to look as if the "blip" is over.

Ive not seen us play like that for quite some time. We were aggressive, positive, brave with and without the ball and worked so hard for each other.

We have looked a little uninterested and in the lower gears over the last few weeks, but tonight was superb. Lets just go full tilt again on Saturday. I doubted whether we were good enough for a play off position recently. Tonight has definitely got me thinking....

More of this please! Great result today will be good for the lads confidence going forward into the backend of the season. :):)

And to top it off Agent Sheridan is the continuing his good work too.

I bloody love him. Hes the perfect mix of s**t results, having the fans hate him, and thinking theyd got rid of him only to change his mind. Absolutely top trolling!

Back
Top Bottom