Home Match Day Thread 18/12/2021 L1: OUFC v Wigan Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had no chance for Wigan's third. McClean is probably still too good for L1. That was drilled very hard into the far corner. I thought he was slightly back on his feet (a common fault of his) for the second. But the third, no chance. Thought we played very well, but always felt Wigan could nick it last ten. With a first choice team, we would have won. I thought Wigan were slightly better than Rotherham, but neither are a L1 standout team. If we can keep Brannigan and Kane in January, add two good L1 players (one of whom must be a forward) we'll have a chance of the automatics.
Quest and our Oxford fan on there said he is to good for L1. How Wigan can afford him……

Quest and our Oxford fan on there said he is to good for L1. How Wigan can afford him……
They can’t actually ‘afford’ him in terms of having earned the money to pay for him. Some dodgy guy is paying for him in the hope the investment will pay off in promotion. Which it probably will, for a while.

They can’t actually ‘afford’ him in terms of having earned the money to pay for him. Some dodgy guy is paying for him in the hope the investment will pay off in promotion. Which it probably will, for a while.
Surprised the EFL aren’t looking at Wigans FFP

He had no chance for Wigan's third. McClean is probably still too good for L1. That was drilled very hard into the far corner. I thought he was slightly back on his feet (a common fault of his) for the second. But the third, no chance. Thought we played very well, but always felt Wigan could nick it last ten. With a first choice team, we would have won. I thought Wigan were slightly better than Rotherham, but neither are a L1 standout team. If we can keep Brannigan and Kane in January, add two good L1 players (one of whom must be a forward) we'll have a chance of the automatics.

Rotherham missed some very good chances too.

The first two goals we let in were very soft, especially the second. But that’s going to happen when the team is rejigged at the last minute. It makes our comeback even more creditable. Shame about the winner but I guess everyone was knackered by then and injured players couldn’t be replaced.
I think the first goal was even worse. Eastwood and about three defenders all very close to the one Wigan player and none of them got off the ground to challenge the header.

Oxford are in a great place as a club. We've had alot of years recently where we've been towards the top some years also with great cup runs at Wembley etc. Good squads good players we've sold I for one am very happy where we are and Iam two or three special editions to come in . Unlucky yesterday but we've certainly proved recently we e got s good squad ,well done to everyone from the top to the bottom

I think the first goal was even worse. Eastwood and about three defenders all very close to the one Wigan player and none of them got off the ground to challenge the header.
I actually thought the whistle had blown or something! We just stopped. But that will happen with late changes to the team

I actually thought the whistle had blown or something! We just stopped. But that will happen with late changes to the team
Warning signs were there at the previous Wigan set piece, yet our (granted) makeshift defence were caught flatfooted (again) moments later.... all 3 wigan goals were down to defensive errors IMO
.....that said it was a battling team performance yesterday, and we were unlucky to loose

Have always had a bit of doubt in the manager and in some cases the team.
Not one decent result against a top 6 side last season. And some sloppy performances like Swindon etc.
But since the Rovers game, can’t ask for anything more of the manager or sqaud than they have given.

Have always had a bit of doubt in the manager and in some cases the team.
Not one decent result against a top 6 side last season. And some sloppy performances like Swindon etc.
But since the Rovers game, can’t ask for anything more of the manager or sqaud than they have given.
For me January is a crucial window for KR get it right and we've got a great chance it being a championship team.nrxt season get it wrong and it could be another season of so near yet so far

Oxford are in a great place as a club. We've had alot of years recently where we've been towards the top some years also with great cup runs at Wembley etc. Good squads good players we've sold I for one am very happy where we are and Iam two or three special editions to come in . Unlucky yesterday but we've certainly proved recently we e got s good squad ,well done to everyone from the top to the bottom
Son of Bazzer? Or one of his students?

Should of added, continue this attitude and determination through to the end of the season.
And we’ll be amongst it come the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom