Home Match Build Up 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit early considering Northampton isn’t that far and the temperature set to increase throughout the day, so by midday it might be fine, especially with the covers on overnight/heat lamps etc!
But not everyone is coming from close about. If I came by public transport, I'd need to leave around 8:30. Waiting for the pitch inspection, I can just about make it by car, but it'll mean not meeting up with mates (which, frankly, is the whole point of making the journey). I'd really appreciate an early call. I know we exiles are only a small part of the picture, but we are still part. (incidentally, I'm not a "new member" I just don't post: I've been here from the start and saw my first Ox match in the 1960s).

Stevenage play Barnsley at home tomorrow.
They have a pitch inspection at 11:00 !

Has anyone shoved a fork in their garden recently? What’s it looking like?
It will be fine by tomorrow morning. Just need some of the old boys who used to go on the pitch at the manor ground come half time with their pitch forks! 👌

Stevenage play Barnsley at home tomorrow.
They have a pitch inspection at 11:00 !

I think they know the accumulative effect of the past few nights and chilly days has frozen the pitch to such a degree it stands no chance of thawing. As its out of their control they want to call the game off ASAP but need the ref to make the decision.

I think they know the accumulative effect of the past few nights and chilly days has frozen the pitch to such a degree it stands no chance of thawing. As its out of their control they want to call the game off ASAP but need the ref to make the decision.
It will be a near tropical 5 degrees by mid morning.

Right now in the garden, about over a mile away.View attachment 17506
Not supposed to drop below freezing tonight. Infact I’m in Oxford now and it’s just on the right side of above freezing with a slight wind chill. Those covers protect up to -4, so provided they work tonight and also the lamps are on. I’d be hopeful, I guess time will tell. Ground may still be still frozen solid, if so it will be game over if that’s the first thing the ref finds.

I live three miles from the stadium and have just done a screwdriver test on my back lawn. I could easily plunge my tool :) into even the very frosty areas with little effort. Might get to minus 1 this evening but well above freezing all tomorrow morning so I'd be very surprised if the match was postponed.

I've just watched "Saltburn" and talk of plunging your tool into the ground had just given me PTSD! I'm also desperately hoping that players don't share a bath anymore either after what I saw!!

I've just watched "Saltburn" and talk of plunging your tool into the ground had just given me PTSD! I'm also desperately hoping that players don't share a bath anymore either after what I saw!!
“I was a lesbian for a while, you know, but it was all a bit too wet for me in the end. Men are so lovely and dry.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom