Home Match Build Up 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see you and your Chuckle brother mate @SirAndyOfCrosby are good at persistently misquoting and misrepresenting me and the other 82 per cent of fans who think Buckingham should be given a fair chance. I think we'll make the playoffs (and the bookies agree)

I'm sorry for you that you find being 6th in the league under a new manager so upsetting and seem to know so little about life that you don't understand that turning around a club takes a while.

OUFC is suffering badly from its last two managers - the one who made more and more erratic decisions about the playing staff so we were nearly relegated and the other who walked out on us less than half way through his first season.

I don't think that firing another manager will make things better,
Don't get personal with name calling when someone has a different opinion to yours, we all want the same thing, what I've seen so far from Buckinghams team doesn't fill me with any confidence he should have a summer window.

What an odd statement? Let's write this season off then. Bring on the summer, I'm sure Buckingham will have us firing!

Why is this season a write off?

If you can’t see that sitting 6th with 13 games to go as a good enough reason to get behind the team and the manager, I really do feel sorry for you.

I would go as far to say, why the fcuk do you even bother to be a fan?

Last edited:
Don't get personal with name calling when someone has a different opinion to yours, we all want the same thing, what I've seen so far from Buckinghams team doesn't fill me with any confidence he should have a summer window.
So you don’t want him to have another transfer window after he has just brought in Matete, Goodwin, Brurey, Dale and Cumming who are all seen as good signings?

I’d say that alone shows that Des can bring in the quality of player that is needed.

Implementing a new playing style on a side in the play off places, half way through a season is a very very hard thing to do and change things too quickly could actually have more of a negative impact than a positive one.
The fact we are still well and truly in the mix to make the play offs actually shows Des does have something about him.

So you don’t want him to have another transfer window after he has just brought in Matete, Goodwin, Brurey, Dale and Cumming who are all seen as good signings?

I’d say that alone shows that Des can bring in the quality of player that is needed.

Implementing a new playing style on a side in the play off places, half way through a season is a very very hard thing to do and change things too quickly could actually have more of a negative impact than a positive one.
The fact we are still well and truly in the mix to make the play offs actually shows Des does have something about him.
Can you honestly say it's Des that has us there? Or individuals playing in a team with no direction?

Last edited:

You're very odd.

I didn't vote in the poll because the question was (words to the effect of) 'is Buckingham the right appointment'. And it is far too early to say. I have never even come close to calling for his head. We are miles off that point. And I don't vote or post to score points. I stand by what I say on here (which even extends to not voting on MOTM polls if I didn't see the game).

I'm a genuine supporter. Why you feel the need to @ me four times in 10 minutes as though I'm your nemesis, rather than the reality - a supporters who wants the best for the club and posts nothing but their genuine thoughts (and under absolutely no pretence) is beyond me.

Can't say the same for you.

Can you honestly say it's Des that has us there? Or individuals playing in a team with no direction?
Considering Des is the manager, picks the players, who made the subs last Tuesday who sealed the win against Wigan, who got it spot on away to Blackpool, got the game plan on point away at Carlisle, then yes I would say it is down to Des for us still being in the play offs.

I know it’s hard for you to accept though.

Three enormous home games coming up. Northampton, Orient and Cheltenham could well define the season.

Bolton and Pompey the next two away games and the less pressure on these the better. We can get what we need from the home games.

Beyond that we’ve got 4 games against bottom half teams and a home game to Lincoln (10th). If we go into that batch still in the playoffs, we’ll be odds on to make them.

Three enormous home games coming up. Northampton, Orient and Cheltenham could well define the season.

Bolton and Pompey the next two away games and the less pressure on these the better. We can get what we need from the home games.

Beyond that we’ve got 4 games against bottom half teams and a home game to Lincoln (10th). If we go into that batch still in the playoffs, we’ll be odds on to make them.
For me we need 9/10 points out of Northampton, Orient, Cheltenham, Bolton and Pompey.

I think Pompey will beat us but I don’t see why we can’t get something away to Bolton who have drawn 3 out of the last 4 games and their only win in those games was against Northampton.

Stop this now!

The Chuckle Brothers are Timmy and Grant, plus Zeppo, whoever they are. That's it.

If you want to go around shrieking at the alternative group of barking posters that's fine by me but get your own epithet. f*****g plagiarist.
Isn’t Zeppo Adam Benson?

Our team is far better balanced now then under robbo or manning. We now have cover all over the pitch which is reassuring

Back
Top Bottom