Home Match Build Up 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Read it again, I said winning is a MUST. but winning with conviction and direction is also important, hope this clears things up for you?
It doesnโ€™t, because you definitely said that playing well was as important as the result.

Yeah, Northampton without Hoskins feels like Wigan without Callum Lang. Hopefully a similar result.

I was impressed with Mitch Pinnock , their number 11, in the game at Sixfields.

A lot of the good things Northampton do come from his left foot. He needs to be pressed.

Yeah itโ€™s gonna be a huge night for Sam Long v him.

Especially after being our worst player for the last 180 minutes of footy.

Yeah itโ€™s gonna be a huge night for Sam Long v him.

Especially after being our worst player for the last 180 minutes of footy.
You just love a negative comment, don't you? Why not try and accentuate the positive for once? Let me give you one. If we win it'll be six games unbeaten and we'll have consolidated our playoff place.

Hardly a glamour fixture but am looking forward to this one. It's probably the first chance Des has had to play a proper 433 at home. Wycombe was a drab, pragmatic performance but Matete looks like a genuine CDM (at last!). Let's get at them, show some swagger, push Cam up a bit nearer to Rodriguez and use the pace we now have available to give their wide players more to think about. Both Long and Leigh have had to do far too much 1:1 defending in recent weeks. Hoping for a more aggressive and higher press too.

Does the lack of online bookings mean we have no idea of tickets sales?

Keen to know what time I need to leave to get to the game - am assuming itโ€™ll be a crowd of 8500 or so?

Does the lack of online bookings mean we have no idea of tickets sales?

Keen to know what time I need to leave to get to the game - am assuming itโ€™ll be a crowd of 8500 or so?

I'm sure we were looking at 10k plus before the first game was cancelled so hopefully the online booking issue will mean that people are maybe more likeky to turn up than cancel.

I wanted to experience some danger yesterday, so I decided to tread a path apparently fraught with peril: I dialled the number for the ticket office.

It rang. They answered. I purchased some tickets. The call ended.

I couldnโ€™t believe it. Something so many implied was so hard, difficult and painful was, in fact, the complete opposite.

Incredible stuff.

I wanted to experience some danger yesterday, so I decided to tread a path apparently fraught with peril: I dialled the number for the ticket office.

I couldnโ€™t believe it. Something so many implied was so hard, difficult and painful was, in fact, the complete opposite.

Incredible stuff.
Lucky you - 2 minute job turned into a 25 minute job for me last week purchasing tickets. The club really don't help themselves, amateur stuff.

Incredible stuff.
Same for me yesterday -Pompey tickets .
Offered a choice of standing or seated .

Incredible stuff.
Well, that might have been your experience, but I snagged a nail picking up my phone, dialled a wrong number and then mistakenly ordered a pizza. The whole thing was incredibly fraught and I then needed to lie down for a bit, which obviously impacted my working day. I'm now signed off work with stress for a week. All because I couldn't book online.

Incredible stuff.
Ah but what you forget is that telephones are not for phoning people these days.
So you appear to have done the impossible!

Yes I also noticed that anomaly. What can it mean these days to "dial a number"?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom