Home Match Day Thread 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

Who was your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This does feel like a bit of a sliding doors moment for Des.

Win tonight, and again on Saturday (which should be eminently doable) and weโ€™re 7 games unbeaten, 13 points from 21, well within the playoff places and starting to look like weโ€™re coming into form at the right time, with a healthy squad to choose from.

Lose tonight, especially with a bad performance, and weโ€™ve won 1 out of our last 7, not really played well for quite a while and dropping like a stone from when Manning had us 2nd and flying. I canโ€™t see how confidence in the players and fans wonโ€™t be shot, and it will be uproar on here and probably in the stands.

I genuinely need to make use of the services of a cobbler at the moment.

I wonder if any of the Shoe Army would be willing to take on this commission, if I bring said boots to the ground tonight?

I'm sorry but I've already used the Sliding Doors clichรฉ in relation to Murphy's equaliser against Wigan.

Jerome even read out a message in relation to it - it's done.

We can't have multiple Sliding Doors moments within the same season. Gwyneth Paltrow will be spinning in her grave (assuming she died in this particular timeline).

Win tonight, and again on Saturday (which should be eminently doable) and weโ€™re 7 games unbeaten, 13 points from 21, well within the playoff places and starting to look like weโ€™re coming into form at the right time, with a healthy squad to choose from.

Lose tonight, especially with a bad performance, and weโ€™ve won 1 out of our last 7, not really played well for quite a while and dropping like a stone from when Manning had us 2nd and flying. I canโ€™t see how confidence in the players and fans wonโ€™t be shot, and it will be uproar on here and probably in the stands.
Was one of the strangest away ends I've been in Saturday, boos followed by Buckingham's yellow army!

Does feel like a sliding doors moment, on paper I think we have too much for them. Not sure if he'll go for it but I've convinced myself a front two of Harris and Goodwin could be the answer.

They did beat us at their place, but it was last minute and I don't think they're that great (And they're without Hoskins) COYY.

Mad that the difference between those two pictures is still three points.

I'm sorry but I've already used the Sliding Doors clichรฉ in relation to Murphy's equaliser against Wigan.

Jerome even read out a message in relation to it - it's done.

We can't have multiple Sliding Doors moments within the same season. Gwyneth Paltrow will be spinning in her grave (assuming she died in this particular timeline).

Petition to introduce the phrase 'revolving doors moment' into popular parlance...?

Needs a big performance tonight, learn from the bad points from Wycombe, put them to bed, and come out fully confident that we can put on a good show with three points at the end of it.

COYY

Everyone keeps mentioning sliding doors, but we've been in a revolving door for some time

Nobody has mentioned how Des looks in his interview, is he tired? Come on folks, youโ€™re better than this
Hair looks great, skin could be improved. He'll come in to his own when the sun comes out, he can top up his vitamin D, and prowl the touchline in some skinny fit long-sleeved shirts.

This is probably the best description I've seen of the two sides of the 'Des discussion'.

Think this will be a tough, tight match, but weโ€™ll just edge it.

2-1 Goodwin, Bodin.

I'd go with something a bit different tonight:

Cumming
Long - Negru - Brown - Leigh
Brannagan - Matete
Burey - Goodrham - Murphy
Harris

Think it would be good to give Goodrham a go as a '10' rather than on the wing. Allow him to roam and it also gives some dynamism to the front 4 as they can all interchange.

Wouldn't mind seeing Goodwin start but seems unlikely. Him up top with his size with the 3 behind running off him could be effective.

Iโ€™m surprised so many are going for 4-4-2.

I donโ€™t expect much more than 45 from Goodwin midweek, so that immediately means we are committed to i) changing formation at half time ii) Harris going the full 90.

It puts us right back to no striker off the bench, which is something I saw lots of complaints about all season long.

Does anyone know how I can share my season ticket (e-ticket) with someone?

Back
Top Bottom